Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Test your knowledge: DEUS EX

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ~Blade~ » 09 Dec 2010, 13:55

you can change your control buttons in the menu, you dont need anything complicated to be very good at augged gameplay.
all you really need is to be able to turn your augs on and off. The beginners should configure their controls to their liking.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Dec 2010, 20:29

The beginners should configure their controls to their liking.

But aug servers need to let players know, with more mutators, rather than current situation of new players going on and thinking advanced players, especially in augged servers, are cheating, or that they will never match a 5 year headstart in skill.

Also Blade, you and THC would be the best people to write binding guides or edit the ones that exist.
It has been noticed on Eidos forums, that some players think binding and bugging is not playing DX. And the feedback from players struggling, seems to be negative attitude, they don't think they can match the skill or play of the veterans.

I was thinking maybe we should give you admin on the deusexmultiplayer.freeforums.org site and you could edit and merge the guide topics, be the guidemaster and like an icon / figure to all new players. I noticed that you were already correcting the information in some threads, it would be better to have you author / edit the information yourself directly. Would you be willing to get on board and be an admin on the site and edit /write stuff. Alot of the guide topics are just cut and pasted, with no editing or explanation.

OK I test your knowledge: Easy one. Which MP Default map is unfinished?

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ~Blade~ » 10 Dec 2010, 00:16

erm thanks, very nice of you to offer, but no thanks. (I'm speaking for myself, you can ask others in THC if you want)
The guides already available are "ok" I think, I mean, I learnt to play with augs not so long ago. If that tournament which dejavu organised didn't happen, I'd still probably never know how to play with augs. And there are other things required to get good, most of these things I prefer to share only with my clan-mates. :oops:
I've been on some other gaming forums where I have discussed DXMP but it just seems that people dont like it. They like the idea of having special powers (like running faster, being invisible, seing people through walls, etc.) & they liked my videos lol :wink: but I think its a bit too difficult for most players to use their keyboard the way its needed. People are used to using only a few buttons, so how can they use their extra 'special powers' ? There has to be lots of buttons which is what makes augged combat so advanced, its a cut above other games in that sense. I think people can not configure their dxmp graphics properly either, im sure lots of players just enter mp without setting their netspeed and so get capped at 25 (which is not fun!) or set to low graphics detail or whatever and thus think dx is metabolic end product.
Not to sound rude or anything cuz i know lots of you guys are mappers (me too :D), but the playability of most custom maps are not well thought through, although I would not see this as a big problem compared to the other stuff i've mentioned.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Dec 2010, 00:32

Well, since I only made one map on your 0-aug server, I won't take much blame for that I guess :)
And yes, I just installed DX on a new PC and got 2600 netspeed, when it should be 20000.

Hmm, from what you are saying, it sounds like DX should be marketed as a challenge to more serious players.

most of these things I prefer to share only with my clan-mates.

Understandable :D, but then some of your forum users aren't happy with ZXC clan, or people playing 0-aug, or the fact that aug servers are sometimes empty. I can't really blame most new players for not being more interested in advanced servers. Maybe you are getting the "wrong" kind of new player and need more serious gamers to take the challenge and things like that tournament are a great idea.

Also I would think it is possible to get back a lot of advanced players into DXMP in the next few months perhaps. Looking through the 40+ pages of the Eidos DX3 forums from the last three years, there is plenty of evidence that GODZ players and earlier players are regulars on that forum. So the love for DX hasn't died really.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ~Blade~ » 10 Dec 2010, 00:56

By the maps thingy I meant for augged gameplay, but nevermind. Can't blame me for what others write on forums :huh:
yea 2600 netspeed caps you to 40 fps i think, not nice.
Yeah, unfortunately there are not enough serious players in dxmp, competition (usually in the form of clan matches) is what keeps these players, but there are not many active ("war-able") clans atm so only the die-hard/dx-will-live-4vr type people actually join servers.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Dec 2010, 03:25

Well we can't promise anything, but it's looking like there will be a few more players next year.

I've tried hard to get across to other mappers to make DXMP maps, which could be used in any gametype in future.

That also depends a lot on what servers are available to mappers. If THC stuck a server up with a 50 euro prize for the best DXMP/aug map, I'm sure you'd get a lot of response from other communities as well. Definitely I will continue to campaign for "DXMP" maps being made.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ~Blade~ » 10 Dec 2010, 17:38

there's no point,
no-one will play in the map. Except you and me and a couple others. We could do lots of things if there were more players.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Dec 2010, 22:08

I know how you feel.

Without new maps and mods, I would agree with you, I know how you feel. People said the same thing about making a new project, but it's getting viewed by a lot of people. New stuff is the lifeblood I guess.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Dec 2010, 00:21

OK who is this?
Try to imagine him with a WW2 American soldier's uniform on, it might help.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby Mastakilla » 17 Dec 2010, 06:47

MATT DAMON

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Dec 2010, 20:04

lol close...

It's Elias Toufexis, the voice of Adam Jensen...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby chin.democ. » 18 Dec 2010, 21:13

like I give toufex..

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ~DJ~ » 19 Dec 2010, 13:25

chin.democ. wrote:like I give toufex..

yes that

and topic is about deus ex not deus ex 3.

[color=transparent]even tho u made the topic its now ours

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Test your knowledge: DEUS EX - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Dec 2010, 13:36

Human Revaluation...

Return to Deus Ex