Platoon server issue

The time is right for a suicide!
Bean
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Platoon server issue

Post by Bean »

I haven't been able to connect to Platoon server in over a week now, Shadow are you involved with it at all? It'll say 'Connecting' for five minutes and then the connection will time out. Any ideas?
Magickilla
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Post by Magickilla »

i have that problem on dx factory
Bean
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Post by Bean »

Had a lot of fun in RTK server with all you guys...

BUT YOU ALL LEFT TO GO TO PLATOON!

I can't get in there :'(
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Re: Platoon server issue

Post by Magus »

Bean wrote:I haven't been able to connect to Platoon server in over a week now, Shadow are you involved with it at all? It'll say 'Connecting' for five minutes and then the connection will time out. Any ideas?

I had the same issue on DXMS, it was an error in DXMapVote110 if I remember correctly. If you're running that, either go back to DXMapVote100 or contact Entity on DXMS for the updated version of MapVote110 :D
-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Bean
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Post by Bean »

Can anyone email that to me? DXMS doesn't have a working download section :\

Hope this works!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

Ah that would explain why the maps are fine on some servers, but not others...

Bean - actually Platoon is hosted by DejaVu, a kind of apology to the 0-aug community. It is ftp managed by me and administrated by FGS, N, REN, XPS members...Dare I state the obvious, if the connection hangs, hit f10 and try again, that usually works for me.

(I can give u admin for Platoon and Factory server btw)

In fact Platoon is ending very shortly and being replaced by a paid FGS server, but also Platoon and Factory both need an overhaul. There are way too many downloads on Factory server and I had the situation of a guy spending 10 minutes to download C[A]t's guns, but when he arrived, the map was smuggler...

Ste has offered to host Factory, when Deja's free hosting ends due to resource limitations. So Factory ppl will probably have to sit down and think about the server and how we are going to run it. I think CTDM with some custom weps is great, but the downloads have to be shorter...

The FGS server has not begun, simply because I was sick/busy this week and didn't make it to the bank etc and I will sort out Factory server first.

So Sorry for that Bean...can't get into your own server :(
Bean
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Post by Bean »

Haha believe me I've tried the F10 restart. Oh well. I'll try re-downloading the map vote and if I can get in I'll ask ya for admin.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

the fact it happens on both servers leads me to think its not any my "shadowrunner screwed up" theories, cos the .inis, weps, maps are different, packages different, they are totally different servers, but have the same problem.

Is it only these 2 servers it's happening on?

It does ring a bell with me that it's cache related. I'm wondering if you download the files from Factory forums, if that would work...

Thing is, server closes before the end of this week...
Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Post by Jon »

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Post by ShadowRunner »

good to see you still supporting the community, thx 8)