Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

~[E]~ welcomes his first aditional member

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

~[E]~ welcomes his first aditional member - Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 01 Jun 2008, 16:12

Just wanted to let you know that ~[E]~ currently counts 2 members.

We welcome ~[E]666~!

Kind regards,
the ~[E]~ clan

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Jun 2008, 16:19

I think you will find you reached the summit and it's all downhill from here, others will follow 666 quickly...

just be fussy about the next two...

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 01 Jun 2008, 16:19

[align=center]Image[/align]

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 01 Jun 2008, 16:58

You may well get another app soon, congrats it's officially a clan now.

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 01 Jun 2008, 17:01

pi/100*1337=42
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Jun 2008, 02:17

Congratulations DarkAngel !

So we can fight a friendly training clan war soon?

That's really good news [E] has a 3 man squad, and they didn't have to steal any [FGS] lol...

phew...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 06 Jun 2008, 09:19

There's a player called Shakior who is very good at Altfire, and currently has no tag, might be worth looking into....

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 06 Jun 2008, 13:10

yeah i know him, he is indeed a good player (wouldn't call him very good but hey what the heck). the only problem with him is his attitude. It's terrible, one time this week (on the Prodigy map) i asked him several times nicely and politely not to spawnkill (many can confirm this) and the only reply i got was: *love* you, *love* off, and things like this. I have warned him several times and even when i logged in as an administrator he kept insulting me. So i kicked him. After he came back it took me one additional warning and then he finaly kept quiet...

In other games, he tends to curse and swear to ppl who kill him. I'm sorry but that's not the kind of persons i'm looking for, regardless the skill.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Jun 2008, 17:02

Umm , we dont kick anyone...

spnwkilling is a debatable issue, but cheating, buggin no.

I am not surprised you received verbal abuse.

If the mapper is at fault, or the enemy choose lame tactics, I wouldnt bother.

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 06 Jun 2008, 17:44

i'm sorry, didn't know i wasn't allowed to kick...
are there any other guidelines i should be aware off? i try to do the right thing, but that's kinda hard if you don't know what's wrong or right...

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Jun 2008, 19:28

A good administrator can just act as a good administrator, if he has enough room to make own decisions (an objective view to the issue assumed).
If an admin ALWAYS needs to think about if it's right what he is doing, then the server management is not very good. [-(
Trust me, I know that from experience.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 06 Jun 2008, 19:40

Actually he said "*love* you" to me aswell a few times, but I took it as lighthearted, therefore I felt not the need to ask him to stop :P

People's attitudes can be a terrible bridge to cross, but I think this guy can be educated, depends on whether you can be bothered to spend time on this guy, he owned me rotten with his bio gun (the blooby one), was a vgg ;-) .

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 06 Jun 2008, 20:53

~[A]Nobody~ wrote:A good administrator can just act as a good administrator, if he has enough room to make own decisions (an objective view to the issue assumed).
If an admin ALWAYS needs to think about if it's right what he is doing, then the server management is not very good. [-(
Trust me, I know that from experience.

But doesn't an admin has an exemple role on a server, and shouldn't he thus always think about if he's right or not? I try to be a fair admin who takes his decisions for the better of the game. Shakior was simply ruining the gameplay for others so i kicked him. I don't regret what i did, but if Shadow doesn't want me to kick ppl., i will not. After all he did pay for the server, that makes it his, and not mine.
But I will take your wise words into account, thanks for the advice.

DarkAngel
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby DarkAngel » 08 Jun 2008, 13:43

I sorry but i have to intorop i Have to defend ~[E]Próphèt~...

Shakior
1.Big Spawn Kiler
2.Insult Every player that kills him
3.It do Bug using like the leader Bug !!!
4.Dosent respect players
5.It plantes greandes in spawn rooms ( like in area 51 in bunker wend we born he trow a greande afert the protection comes out )
6.I was on there wend Próphèt kick him and i agred with him well we born and he was in there to kill us with a garenade or with bio
7.[A] RPG server he use bug to kill anothere players in god zone !!

I think this is anof
~[E]DarkAngel~

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Jun 2008, 13:58

[NK]~Valgothy~ wrote:i'm sorry, didn't know i wasn't allowed to kick...
are there any other guidelines i should be aware off? i try to do the right thing, but that's kinda hard if you don't know what's wrong or right...

It is not your fault. Nobody is right, you need to know what the right thing is. Knowing that takes time, experience and also knowing how FGS do it.

I gave you admin without training you. And the "hired gun" aspect meant that you didnt read guides in the private section. So it's our fault.

I dont want a situation of admins EVER need to argue or threaten with players. Admin can end up ruining a game without realizing it. Players arent interested who is right, nothing should stop play...

Therefore we do use MMteamswitcher mod. And therefore we do not judge player style or player fighting tactics or any debatable issue as such. If FGS admins lost their temper and used admin every time someone was winning by spwnkilling or lamming ring transporters etc, server would soon be empty. You will be busy enough balancing teams and reading the infolink.

I have admininstrated on 32 slot servers, on DXAG, Wunderland since 2006 and various other clan servers that were busy... I've only ever banned about four people in 3 years. Admin is not an easy job and can NOT be done while trying to win. You need experience too to be good. After a while you have a shield around you and no player can ruin your game or ruin anyone elses. The problem is that teamswitcher doesnt always work on the server. But in any case no need to threaten a player ever with kick or ban, even spammers tbh, I just ignore them and switch them. If a person is repeating the offence after 2-3 games, then I consider removing him for 24 hrs, if I feel he is trying to make players leave etc...

I do kick immediately anyone trying to make players leave etc...

It's waste of time to give orders to a spammer, he wont spam for long.
Etc, dont ever fall in to a trap and take the bait. 99% of the time the offender is attempting to ruin admin's game, not the players etc...

Obviously Vincent McDoom, Lionheart, if they are cheating, watch for 10 secs, confirm that you are banning the right guy and then BAN!!!

and have a lil muhahaha

Return to Deus Ex