Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Project ANNA

Author
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 22 Feb 2013, 21:31

If you updated Hamachi or installed it only recently, it no longer uses 5.*.*.* internally but 25.*.*.*, fixing the issue.

And I've just been awfully busy and it also slipped my mind.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 23 Feb 2013, 12:31

Past month I've realized the severity of some growing issues FAR beyond team balancer and spectator mode. I'll try to spark a discussion with few people from here and there regarding it.

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 01 Mar 2013, 12:43

~DJ~ wrote:HAI ALEX.
I was wondering on how about releasing an ANNA version with spectator and FPS showing-scoreboard, and a team-balancer (mutator maybe?) first? if EMMA is taking long, that is?

Stil got to tweak the FPS thing, and check if it works properly in multiplayer enviroments. As you can see the FPS on the scoreboard is a bit different than the one shown by stat fps, that's because ANNA calculates the FPS every second, and stat fps is more realtime.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~DJ~ » 01 Mar 2013, 13:04

Awesome! :luv:
Good luck with the tweaking.
A version with FPS visible in scoreboard, a better Spectator-mode(?) and a team-balancer feature released first would be very beneficial to everyone. :-D

Just curious, though, is this the code Nobody provided you (as in Allan's code)?

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 01 Mar 2013, 13:37

The code to measure the FPS? No, it's a small piece of code I just wrote.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 01 Mar 2013, 14:23

Looks good! :D

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Project ANNA - Postby chin.democ. » 01 Mar 2013, 19:00

Good work Alex, looking forward to seeing this.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 02 Mar 2013, 15:26

Are we nearing the release of anything?

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 02 Mar 2013, 16:11

Currently experimenting a bit with methods to detect speed hacking, so far seem to be getting good results, but will require more extensive testing. Can't give any concrete info about a potential release & it's date, sorry.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 03 Mar 2013, 21:43

If you need help testing then let me know.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby DejaVu » 03 Jul 2013, 11:56

Good work =D>

Alex, since you returned back to DXMP and Nobody, I don't know if you did any work on this, I have a question for you two guys; how about a joint project? Let's get rid of DXMTL152, I can supply many features that you have seen in latest miniMTL (spec mode, net optimizations), you supply latest anti-haxoring methods, bug fixes etc.

Contact me, if interested.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby DejaVu » 03 Jul 2013, 12:24

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:The core problem of the GPF couldn't be solved because it's caused within the engine.
We could break it down to one single expression, where it tries to access an object that seems to be in good condition to UnrealScript, but in reality it's somehow broken (possibly unallocated already).
Thus, the problem was solved by replacing the Inventory belt.

The source of all evil GPFs in DXMP is Window.dll, native library made by Ion Storm, which is obviously not coded as well as native Unreal engine libraries, made by Tim Sweeney. DXMP for rendering on screen menus, HUDs etc... uses this module instead of Unreal engine's canvas (used in UT for example). While canvas works just fine and with 0 GPFs, new window rendering on DXMP is obviously buggy.

Turning all HUD rendering into canvas rendering fixes all GPFs you would get playing DXMP game. The only GPF you might get is when you open some DX menu (press ESC). In AvsH mod, you see that HUD is a bit different - because it is canvas rendered (and I couldn't be bothered to make it look exactly the same) thus meaning goodbye to all GPFs.

jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Project ANNA - Postby jager774 » 03 Jul 2013, 20:25

Im not sure whats so special in AvsH's hud but i love it :o
Its just different, like you said.

And yes i can't agree with you enough DejaVu, I did not see anyone leave, and come back saying GODDAMNED GPFS
Neither did i. =D>

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 22 Oct 2013, 11:52

I decided I should update this, as I haven't given any update since March, sorry 'bout that.

I did a lot of experiments with some speedhack fixes, also with TimeDilation. Even though it does work in general, it brings too many downsides to implement into ANNA. I noticed that certain renderer settings conflict with this, and also solutions such as Kentie's DX launcher have issues under certain conditions (warping etc). Also, the speedhack fix is in general not for actual speedhacking, as the speedhacking used in practice - according to rumors - is not activated by default/permanently, but bound to a key/mouse button, which makes it active only temporarily, and any "fix" cannot act fast enough to prevent that.

Actual speedhacking can only be prevented when the client can no longer control/influence important timings such as firerate, but we currently are not able to supply a stable solution for that.

As for clients with adjusted timings due to their configuration (cpu speeds and such) can be detected and then be informed and/or forced to install programs to fix the issue. It needs to be investigated if Kentie's DX launcher is enough to fix the issues. Only downside to this, is that players can find it too obtrusive or scary to install programs on request of a server.

As for the rest of ANNA / EMMA: A lot of improvements have been made, and EMMA is becoming more and more powerful. It's recently become possible to capture commands that don't exist (Unrecognized command) and forward it to EMMA, so modules/mutators can create commands that don't require "mutate <command>" anymore.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 25 Oct 2013, 21:17

Great to see you on the case again, we all need inactivity at some point.

Alexander wrote:Actual speedhacking can only be prevented when the client can no longer control/influence important timings such as firerate, but we currently are not able to supply a stable solution for that.

That sounds final, like you need the source code or something else?

Alexander wrote: It needs to be investigated if Kentie's DX launcher is enough to fix the issues. Only downside to this, is that players can find it too obtrusive or scary to install programs on request of a server.

Do you mean, when joining a server, connection would fail and message would tell player to download somewhere, or the server would offer a yes/no install and then the server would install, sorry I'm trying to visualize that process.

I'm thinking that Kentie is well-recommended by general DX people and that, for something important such as a fix like this, maybe EM and other people are going to blog it and band it about. If the FB group and everyone DXMP could get enough retired players back at the same time to check out the new fix and a clan war / competition season, then screenshot the amount of players on serverlist and so on, take that to Steam or wherever people buy DX1 these days and then at least you would have a dribble of players trying out DXMP each month. It's exciting stuff, good luck Alex!

And then charge EM thousands of Euros for fixing their old game which they are still selling

Return to Deus Ex