Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Project ANNA

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Cozmo » 28 Sep 2012, 20:34

Thanks for the reply Nobody! The server sorted itself out somehow, I think it fixed itself when it changed map. *shrugs*

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
Cozmo wrote:I've just thought. Isn't DeltaTime the time since last tick? Can't we just add a clientside check to the player's tick that forces them to spectate if it was too soon? This should mean no server performance loss, and no super fast weapon switching as well as firing, without the nasty serverside stuff in Deja's MTL.
You mean ANNA shall turn a player into a spectating state if it recognizes too fast FPS? :-s

Yeah, sometimes I think not all FPS abuse is intentional, so maybe it could go to spectate instead of outright kicking the player, then write a message on their screen explaining how to cap FPS (eg. change renderer), just in case it was unintentional. Another thought, would DX on a high cpu speed have the same clientside deltatime in a server? Might need to check if Tick() is being called too often then, maybe I could write it

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 08 Jan 2013, 15:11

Sorry didn't read through all of this topic so apologies if i'm repeating something.

In next version can you please remove telnet admin from the spectator list, it helps to catch naughty boys.

EDIT: Also, any ideas when next version is likely to be made?

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Jan 2013, 21:48

If there is teambalancer, I noticed with Deja's version that when you're teamswapped, the warning sign is in white, so it doesn't stand out or alert the player to the fact he has been teamswapped.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 09 Jan 2013, 00:58

oh yea teambalancer, thats another thing I'd like to see, probably a separate mod by whoever (I've only seen one, that was made by youknowwho).

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 13 Feb 2013, 22:18

I don't know what bug fixes dejavu included in his release, but ANNA sounds definitely very reliable. I would recommend trying to figure out a more functional spectate feature asap, however, to ensure your mod is preferred over his. Some prefer player spectate as means of learning, and I don't mind that, but I really could use it to check for possible oddities about the fire rates or for bots.

Spectate is the main reason why minimtl224 or higher is preferred, imo. Copy it off his code if you need -- thats what he did, didn't he? :alc:

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~DJ~ » 13 Feb 2013, 22:25

I'm pretty sure the harder part--the one that's probably taking longer for release is EMMA.
That feature(s) have been suggested before, even by myself if you read back few pages. (PAGE 6 TO BE EXACT)

It'd be good to hear the recent updates, though. :oops:
nonetheless, GOOD LUCK NOBODY & ALEX and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY <3

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 18 Feb 2013, 22:12

I suggest FEMMA as the next name. Can use 1 M if you wish.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Project ANNA - Postby TheWolf » 19 Feb 2013, 02:29

I've an idea that i've never seen in DXMP: Assist Points. Just because you don't always get the kill, or someone steals it.

Edit:
Also a mute feature. So we don't have to ban the guy saying HACKER I SEE NOW! Y U NO SEE?!?!?!?!

Ingame: Sev
Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 22 Feb 2013, 10:16

Hi guys, I've been absent for a long while.

I still intend to finish/work on ANNA & EMMA but momentarily I'm just too busy with work.. just wanted to post here to show I haven't forgotten about this project!

EDIT: Nobody, you still using the same e-mail address & Live Messenger? I just merged my Live Messenger with Skype, and I'd love to chat from time to time.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 22 Feb 2013, 13:07

Oi, why'd'ya block me off Alpha and Imagocentre, Alex? Last I know we were getting along fine..?

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 22 Feb 2013, 13:10

Try disabling Hamachi and any VPN you have installed. We moved to a new IP range (5.*.*.*) and Hamachi / VPN's block those as they use them internally. They are at fault unfortunately..

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Project ANNA - Postby synthetic » 22 Feb 2013, 14:47

That is true, I do have hamachi running. Will disable it and try. :)

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 22 Feb 2013, 17:47

Did disabling Hamachi fix it? And what ways are there to contact you directly? I tried to add you via Skype, but I'm not sure if you still use that actively.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Mastakilla » 22 Feb 2013, 20:36

Imagocentre works fine with Hamachi on for me?

offtopicness

Hi Alex

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~DJ~ » 22 Feb 2013, 20:37

HAI ALEX.
I was wondering on how about releasing an ANNA version with spectator and FPS showing-scoreboard, and a team-balancer (mutator maybe?) first? if EMMA is taking long, that is?

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....

Return to Deus Ex