Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Project ANNA

Author
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 08 Apr 2012, 21:53

It has been implemented in ANNA102, yet it will not replicate augmentations, skills and such. It has a 100% identical function to viewid. Perhaps in a further version it will also copy the augmentations and such.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Cozmo » 08 Apr 2012, 22:10

Not naming anyone, but one player has been rifling way too fast. Eg... We'll both try to snipe, with me firing first, then he'll kill me with an assault rifle before mine is even drawn. Same thing when they crouch and spray with assault; they do far much more damage than is possible with one burst from a distance. Sometimes you can even see how the tracers are too dense.

On a friend's server (privately, ofc), I managed to recreate this just by running DX at a higher speed before joining. In the next ANNA, would it be possible to check how fast DX is running and adjust it? Doesn't sound plausible with UnrealScript though, so possibly even just check things like time between shots on the server? It's getting really frustrating in-game.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Apr 2012, 22:58

Cozmo wrote:Not naming anyone

wouldn't hurt? You sound convinced.

I was feeling this a lot before ANNA, mainly on other servers, fast wep switching. but recently I have not noticed.

I've heard a story about having only 2 weps in the slot, some kind of tweak or something to give you faster wep draw, Valex was sharing info with people. I don't see what's wrong about that, so maybe there's a bit more to it, but it sounds similar to your experience.

I'm really liking how this mod has ironed things out very quickly... great job Alex and Nobody, good effort.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~Blade~ » 08 Apr 2012, 23:02

Alexander wrote:. Perhaps in a further version it will also copy the augmentations and such.

Cool I hope so :) but ye I understand you guys may be busy with more important things.

Cozmo wrote:Not naming anyone, but one player has been rifling way too fast. Eg... We'll both try to snipe, with me firing first, then he'll kill me with an assault rifle before mine is even drawn. Same thing when they crouch and spray with assault; they do far much more damage than is possible with one burst from a distance.

Probably the old high FPS thing, i think you know who made weapon bullets something-something on server side, so extra ones didnt register.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Alexander » 08 Apr 2012, 23:04

Cozmo wrote:On a friend's server (privately, ofc), I managed to recreate this just by running DX at a higher speed before joining. In the next ANNA, would it be possible to check how fast DX is running and adjust it? Doesn't sound plausible with UnrealScript though, so possibly even just check things like time between shots on the server? It's getting really frustrating in-game.

In what way did you change the speed? Perhaps we can detect it, even though tracing each shot would be a inefficient process and would also allow more bugs/mistakes to occur (anyone remember the sniper-scope bug with CRD?). Please PM me either here or at Alpha (I prefer the latter as I will view it faster) with explanation what you did exactly to increase your speed, that way I can experiment a bit. Cheers.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Cozmo » 08 Apr 2012, 23:45

ShadowRunner wrote:
Cozmo wrote:Not naming anyone

wouldn't hurt? You sound convinced..

I'm 100% sure about their firing, but there's always a chance it's not intentional, like people who use certain laptops without knowing about Kentie's DX launcher. If possible, fixing it quietly then playing legit games with said player would be nice; they don't seem like a bad person.

Alexander wrote:
Cozmo wrote:On a friend's server (privately, ofc), I managed to recreate this just by running DX at a higher speed before joining. In the next ANNA, would it be possible to check how fast DX is running and adjust it? Doesn't sound plausible with UnrealScript though, so possibly even just check things like time between shots on the server? It's getting really frustrating in-game.

In what way did you change the speed? Perhaps we can detect it, even though tracing each shot would be a inefficient process and would also allow more bugs/mistakes to occur (anyone remember the sniper-scope bug with CRD?). Please PM me either here or at Alpha (I prefer the latter as I will view it faster) with explanation what you did exactly to increase your speed, that way I can experiment a bit. Cheers.

Sure. I'll PM you on Alpha in a moment. :-)

Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Apr 2012, 08:24

I think I know who you are talking about and it's a more recent thing, I think it is a hardware issue and not anything more.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~DJ~ » 11 Apr 2012, 20:29

Can we have an auto-balancer with this gametype? or external mutator provided with it?
It'd be very great, and ofcourse more better if it contains various options such as who to switch (i.e the lowest scorer in a team to other, or high scorer or in between..)

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~DJ~ » 13 Apr 2012, 23:02

Also, sorry; double-post..

but I was wondering, if ANNA can enable the Dodges again? (just like UT, the DodgeClickTime stuff, stuff MTL disabled)

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
alfredo
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Project ANNA - Postby alfredo » 21 Jul 2012, 01:45

Im gonna try ANNA out on my 0-aug server considering I never installed mtl or mini mtl on it.

I too have noticed that some people do tend to shoot and kill people alot faster than normal.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Vexus » 25 Jul 2012, 09:40

Sounds too good to be true! Is it DEFINITELY UNHACKABLE? Or are there still ways?

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Cozmo » 21 Aug 2012, 02:17

Any chance the Spectate, Disconnect and Open commands could get a few seconds delay before being called in the next version of ANNA? It's getting a bit tiring when people do this every game.

Edit: Other possible features could be not dropping furniture when getting shot by teammates (eg. TNT) and not being able to shoot grenades planted by teammates.

Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Vexus » 21 Aug 2012, 03:31

I think it would also be cool if you could put in an option for alrightygame-like features (possibly fix some of the bugs it had as well) that would make me sooooooooooo happy.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Project ANNA - Postby anax » 21 Aug 2012, 06:37

it would be better to disable those commands altogether on servers. Reconnect, Disconnect, Spectate block them all.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Psycho » 21 Aug 2012, 12:20

anax wrote:it would be better to disable those commands altogether on servers. Reconnect, Disconnect, Spectate block them all.

No it wouldn't. Reconnect is sometimes neccessary if you join without inventory etc. I leave servers by disconnect, saves having to go through all the menus. Spectate maybe should have a 5 second delay before making you spectate.

Return to Deus Ex