Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Project ANNA

Author
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Project ANNA - Postby anax » 21 Aug 2012, 13:36

damn, i didn't think of that. yeah they would probably just suicide without the option to go spec.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 03 Sep 2012, 15:48

Also.. if you disable disconnect, then you won't be able to leave the server over the disconnect button anymore either because that simply exeecutes the command too.

Anyway.. ANNA's currently a bit of idle.. due to study I didn't do anything anymore and I haven't had any contact to Alex either.
The suggestions will be addded to the TODO list anyway.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Majster » 03 Sep 2012, 16:22

There is problem with vaccum grenades. When I take grenades I don't see how many I have. Also I can still take vacuum grenades, even if I know I have over 3.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Sep 2012, 23:37

that is "normal"...

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Vexus » 04 Sep 2012, 01:32

Vexus wrote:Sounds too good to be true! Is it DEFINITELY UNHACKABLE? Or are there still ways?

Vexus wrote:I think it would also be cool if you could put in an option for alrightygame-like features (possibly fix some of the bugs it had as well) that would make me sooooooooooo happy.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Majster » 04 Sep 2012, 01:38

ShadowRunner wrote:that is "normal"...

That shouldn't be "normal"...

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Vexus » 04 Sep 2012, 01:53

Majster wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:that is "normal"...

That shouldn't be "normal"...

It's just how the tnag mod was programmed, is my guess, cuz that's been going on for as long as I can remember.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 04 Sep 2012, 03:15

Majster wrote:There is problem with vaccum grenades. When I take grenades I don't see how many I have. Also I can still take vacuum grenades, even if I know I have over 3.

I never noticed that. I guess I've never had more than 3 grenades LOL.
But I also think that you don't get more than 3 grenades even if you attempt to pick up more than 3 grenades.. so don't attempt it..

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Sep 2012, 11:11

The grenade just disappears if you pick up 4. So it is not available for the next player. Majster is correct, could be added to the long list of things that don't work properly in MP.

Personally I think altfire would be better removing all vac nades and adding much reduced lams replacing any lams in the maps. Then we can all get to argue whether it is radii or radiuses.

OR

make vac nades beep, so people can find them. (like neutrons)

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 11:15

ShadowRunner wrote:The grenade just disappears if you pick up 4. So it is not available for the next player. Majster is correct, could be added to the long list of things that don't work properly in MP.

Personally I think altfire would be better removing all vac nades and adding much reduced lams replacing any lams in the maps. Then we can all get to argue whether it is radii or radiuses.

OR

make vac nades beep, so people can find them. (like neutrons)

We know both know damn well it's radii.

Why get rid of vac nades? That doesn't sound like you! I figured you for a conservatist!

Delete
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Delete » 19 Sep 2012, 20:09

M.E.P.

Last edited by Delete on 22 Nov 2012, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Sep 2012, 10:48

I guess you are right, but previously lams were on altfire, so vac planting wasn't so popular, but atm it's how people use vac is perhaps different than before, spawnroom doors especially. "EVERYONE" now plants in spawnroom doors and wep racks, even tagged players, (mentions no names), so Vac is an issue in a way it was not before. I think this was best controlled or moderated before by discouraging people from this. If tagged players are doing it as well, then there's no hope.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Cozmo » 27 Sep 2012, 16:52

I've just thought. Isn't DeltaTime the time since last tick? Can't we just add a clientside check to the player's tick that forces them to spectate if it was too soon? This should mean no server performance loss, and no super fast weapon switching as well as firing, without the nasty serverside stuff in Deja's MTL.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Project ANNA - Postby Cozmo » 28 Sep 2012, 19:28

Or would that not detect FPS abuse at all? I'm just assuming it calls tick more quickly on clients, along with everything else. More people would use ANNA if it fixed FPS bug, current "MTL" really lags, and does something strange with player's mesh location.

Anyway, new question! I just ordered a GD server ( ;-) ) and it already has MTL152b1, CRD etc installed. After I installed ANNA, it's still starting up with MTL, do I need to uninstall MTL and CRD for ANNA to run? And if so, what's ANNA's gameinfo to replace it with etc?

Edit: That's strange; it says MTL on the server list, but has ANNA in-game. Good enough!

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Project ANNA - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 28 Sep 2012, 20:07

Cozmo wrote:I've just thought. Isn't DeltaTime the time since last tick? Can't we just add a clientside check to the player's tick that forces them to spectate if it was too soon? This should mean no server performance loss, and no super fast weapon switching as well as firing, without the nasty serverside stuff in Deja's MTL.
You mean ANNA shall turn a player into a spectating state if it recognizes too fast FPS? :-s

Cozmo wrote:Or would that not detect FPS abuse at all? I'm just assuming it calls tick more quickly on clients, along with everything else. More people would use ANNA if it fixed FPS bug, current "MTL" really lags, and does something strange with player's mesh location.
Yes, it should call tick more frequently but the point of deltatime is to make game logic independent from frame rate. If you don't use deltatime, it would be dependent on frame rate, though..

Cozmo wrote:Anyway, new question! I just ordered a GD server ( ;-) ) and it already has MTL152b1, CRD etc installed. After I installed ANNA, it's still starting up with MTL, do I need to uninstall MTL and CRD for ANNA to run? And if so, what's ANNA's gameinfo to replace it with etc?
Usually, you just need to put the class ANNAManager into ServerActors and it should load ANNA.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

Return to Deus Ex