Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby chin.democ. » 17 Aug 2012, 15:24

Updated original post.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby Majster » 25 Aug 2012, 21:22

chin.democ. wrote:I have very low end equipment Majster and I believe Turnpike is playable enough for me, even on full graphics. Perhaps there may be a problem with your setup?

I think it's problem with my computer. No one has reported this problem except me. I don't know what cause this problem, it's only on this map. I today checked it precisely and the most fps drops I have near doors.

edit: I have a problem since beta3, there was no problem on beta1 and beta2. Have you changed doors in beta3 version? I remember there was same doors as in CMD initially (with same sound when are opening). There are different doors now.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Chees » 25 Aug 2012, 22:00

I've played all maps on both systems I have. 1 system is more lower spec than Chinny's and the other a more up to date system than needed and had no FPS problems anywhere on either system. But did notice major BSP differences on every map on DXMP no matter what GC you have BSP will show in different places on each system and GC. I've tested 6 systems on 1 map and all proves BSP is totally down to the system it's self also 2 laptop's with exact specs showed different results in BSP and FPS.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby Majster » 03 Oct 2012, 11:56

I am thinking on release Bunkers_prefinal version. I must:
-fix doors to vents (should be able to open from inside only)
-add a bit more lockpicks
-add zones to fix fps drops. I think is necessary. I don't know how many zones add. I can add two zones, one for one part of map and leave in spawn points default zone or I can add three zones - two for spawn points, one for first part of the map and leave deafult zone for second part of the map (as in the picture).
zones.PNG
zones.PNG (11.53 KiB) Viewed 11430 times

I don't have more ideas for this map. I don't want to mess a gameplay, but if you have some thoughts, you can tell it. :)

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Oct 2012, 23:58

At a guess, I would make 4 zones outside, not 2, but it's not ideal for making zones like this going right to map edge and intersecting each other, can be bsp issues. Could be some pillars on map edge to frame the zone portals a bit better.

There can be fps drops where details and deco suddenly confront the player when he turns a corner, placement of zone portals is fairly crucial, you don't want to have the zone portal at the same point that a player suddenly sees a lot of detail and deco in the distance. Landernau is very detailed, but it has lots of portals, 3 or 4 in each street.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Chees » 04 Oct 2012, 01:05

CARONE ELEVATOR MOVERS... yeah I hate them with a passion! spent 6 hours sorting out one lift and had to remake it from scratch...reason was I was eating dinner att! and didn't notice my say 256 by 256 by 256 lift i had put 258 then intersected and made the mover but when in position it overlaps the outer edge lift wall an the mover refused to move! Hint don't eat and map, you may be brain tested and locked away for stupidity ](*,)

btw I h8 movers now :-D

Edit: I placed this in wrong frikin topic as well. Not having a good day here. #-o

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby chin.democ. » 04 Oct 2012, 07:39

I love the trenches and sandbags you have put in but I feel hey are maybe too close to the spawn exit, perhaps move these further towards the middle sections and maybe take out the long walls. Also you could take out some trees to improve performance, maybe have some lights?

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby Majster » 05 Oct 2012, 00:01

ShadowRunner wrote:At a guess, I would make 4 zones outside, not 2, but it's not ideal for making zones like this going right to map edge and intersecting each other, can be bsp issues. Could be some pillars on map edge to frame the zone portals a bit better.

What kind of pillars? Can you show some piller from exist map?
About 4 zones. I don't know where I can place it. Do you mean something like this:
zones1.PNG
zones1.PNG (17.01 KiB) Viewed 11390 times
?

ShadowRunner wrote:There can be fps drops where details and deco suddenly con front the player when he turns a corner, placement of zone portals is fairly crucial, you don't want to have the zone portal at the same point that a player suddenly sees a lot of detail and deco in the distance. Landernau is very detailed, but it has lots of portals, 3 or 4 in each street.

I heard best place for zone portals are doorways. My map is open, I am not sure zone portals will work there well. :?

chin.democ. wrote:I love the trenches and sandbags you have put in but I feel hey are maybe too close to the spawn exit, perhaps move these further towards the middle sections and maybe take out the long walls. Also you could take out some trees to improve performance, maybe have some lights?

Good ideas.
I can't understand why lights would improve performance.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Oct 2012, 00:13

I will look at this for you tomorrow MJ As well as the other things I already mentioned to you. I would call this a great map but a beginners guide now to alter it to how it should be, keeping what you have done already and style in mind, not much to the players eyes will change but over all it will be an epic improvement on which hopefully you will implement the knowledge on your next map you make.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby chin.democ. » 20 Oct 2012, 16:25

Added DXMP_Bunkers_Prefinal and DXMP_DX_Studios_Pre_Final to the FGS 0-Augs server. :matrix:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Chees » 21 Oct 2012, 01:17

Thanks Chinny :-D
Hopefully all has been fixed on the pre final I sent you...only time will tell I guess with feed back.

Return to Deus Ex