Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Aug 2012, 11:51

It is a recurring issue and it makes me wonder if your laptop screen is dying.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby anax » 08 Aug 2012, 13:43

ah i see, i didn't quite get the construction and layout of the light brushes before, but now you say it's a conversion (for a CS:S or Quake map??) it makes sense to me that you would be replicating it as close as possible.

i would guess it would be enough, to not delete too many of the lights, but power then down a little... i fiddle around with radiuses, colors and everything for hours to match the light to the location. i have no idea how bright the original map is, so i can't say what the level should be, but just making it look more natural will fit the concept of a public or industrial transit station at nighttime!

and i agree, the fps gets big hits in parts, so i guess there's no need to add any rooms into the external buildings after all.

i can't wait to test the 3rd pre-final, it's coming along great Chin. :)

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Aug 2012, 01:52

would be a good CTF map, plenty of paths and that jumping out of the window business would be cool...

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby Majster » 10 Aug 2012, 21:22

Some thoughts.
Chinny, I don't know why, but I have insane FPS drops on your Turnpike map since beta3 version (earlier was everything fine). I have it only on this map, rest maps is fine. Also, I feel only I have this problem, because no one complain about this and I see in game they don't have problems with it. How I can fix it? :smt017

I have question about Chinny's and Avatar's maps from Mapping Challenge. Why these maps aren't hosted on the server? These maps are pretty good and It's sad people can't play these maps.

I want ask about my Bunkers map. Do are known there any bugs or thing which don't work well? Do turrets are good, spawnpoints and location of medkits, gas grenades and emps? I will include improvements into new version.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby Cozmo » 10 Aug 2012, 21:45

I keep meaning to ask about Stalwart as well - it was really fun while it was up! :smt022

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby anax » 10 Aug 2012, 23:19

yeh stalwart conversion was a good map, i think it's taken down until the next version is done, and whose map was stalwart!? i forget the authors of all the maps - dammit!! :ney:

Majster i think your bunkers map could be improved with some floor lofts to make a terrain. and some brick walls in different spots. Also. Generally speaking, cabinets with items are better placed far away from spawn locations!

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Aug 2012, 23:33

anax wrote:yeh stalwart conversion was a good map, i think it's taken down until the next version is done, and whose map was stalwart!? i forget the authors of all the maps - dammit!! :ney:

Majster i think your bunkers map could be improved with some floor lofts to make a terrain. and some brick walls in different spots. Also. Generally speaking, cabinets with items are better placed far away from spawn locations!

I think Chinny made StalwartI'm not %100 sure.
And I mentioned floor lofts and some fencing/walls around the map but it never happened! A complete flat surface it's almost spawn to spawn killing! aha well his choice to change it or not I guess.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby chin.democ. » 11 Aug 2012, 10:32

I have very low end equipment Majster and I believe Turnpike is playable enough for me, even on full graphics. Perhaps there may be a problem with your setup?

I think damaged brick walls here and there would work well on Bunkers. I'll whack on Stalwart beta 1 in a few days, still waiting for Avator to update his map.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Aug 2012, 06:03

Anax your playerstarts on DXMP_NoExit_beta2 need some adjusting!

2. Playerstarts

....The above picture is taken from the SDK, it shows ideally how playerstarts should be spaced out, also notice that they are quite close to the weapon boards. You'll notice that the playerstarts are all pointed to face the weapon boards, this is done by first clicking on a playerstart and then holding down shift and right click then drag the mouse to rotate the red arrow (which shows the playerstart's orientation) to the desired position. When the player spawns he/she will be close to the weapon boards and oriented to roughly face the centre of them making it nice and easy for the player to then choose the weapons.....

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby anax » 15 Aug 2012, 13:18

i think they're fine to be fair, i rotated them so players get a full view of the spawn exits, i want players to have an idea of location when they spawn, all they need to do to grab weapons is turn around a little. Let me check them right now, i'm pretty sure both the weapon boards and exits are visible to all the playerstarts at once.

ok i altered some of them. All of them can now see the wep boards.

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 15 Aug 2012, 18:24

Can you give some feedback about Strangedocks and mau5ville? I want to make them better, and release them within a month.

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Aug 2012, 19:08

I still think it's too long, if shortened if might not favour the sniper so much. Stalwart beta 1 has bsp errors on both vents making them unusable, I'll get onto that pronto.

Anyone got any pet hates on turnpike?

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 15 Aug 2012, 19:39

Oh btw anax, you should make some signs for the corridors, everything is gray concrete and I lost last time :)
Turnpike seems perfect for me

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby anax » 15 Aug 2012, 23:49

Kalman, which map do you mean, Siberia_beta2 or NoExit_beta2?
there is signage in NoExit to help u get around, and i already plan to add signage to beta 3 of Siberia!

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: The Official [FGS] Beta Map Feedback Thread - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 16 Aug 2012, 09:26

Siberia, I didn't play online with NoExit yet

Return to Deus Ex