Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server.

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Vexus » 13 Sep 2012, 20:28

~DJ~ wrote:patches and gametypes? the answer would obviously be no :wave:

I said I wish. A MAN CAN DREAM, CAN'T HE?

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Cozmo » 13 Sep 2012, 21:02

You should release an unprotected DXAG Nobody. :wave: I've been toying with the idea of getting a small 8-10 slot GD server with alternating gametypes, between...

DXAG
BTDM (No euro BTDM up atm D:)
Reclaimer's CTDM (Like ATDM but less harsh)
UndeadRevolution
and 0A close range only

Each gametype being a week at a time or something. Release DXAG stuff and I'll be tempted to look into this. :oops:

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 13 Sep 2012, 22:03

Okay, I'll send you the sources. :)
But be warned.. they suffer the same problem like many other mods too.. they're FREE of ANY documentation! 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Sep 2012, 13:33

:D We're pretty good at copy/pasting metabolic end product, don't worry. This is awesome, a DXAG revolution will be great.

I guess the major modification is the vents with those doors and buttons and those spawnrooms, including stalkyard and Landernau 2, France1944, Paris, Norway, WW2_Cathedral and Bunker, there's around 8 or 9 WW2 maps to convert and add to DXAG_ZanGoh and DXAG_Landernau 1. Can get rid of smuggler and A51 and be entirely WW2.

Someone could knock out DXAG_EnemyAtTheGates too...

I am guessing this is Version 1 of DXAG, not the newer version with reduced medic?

Would be interesting if it could work with the clyzm/dxrv WW2 weps.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Cozmo » 14 Sep 2012, 17:24

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Okay, I'll send you the sources. :)
But be warned.. they suffer the same problem like many other mods too.. they're FREE of ANY documentation! 8-[

Awesoooome. :-D No problem, I should hopefully be able to figure it out! Can think of a few maps that would work great on DXAG.

I'll make a topic once we get started with this so we don't derail this thread any further.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Psycho » 15 Sep 2012, 11:09

DXAG is probs my fav gametype :-D Loved being a medic or engineer lol.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Mastakilla » 15 Sep 2012, 15:41

Cozmo wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Okay, I'll send you the sources. :)

Awesoooome. :-D No problem, I should hopefully be able to figure it out! Can think of a few maps that would work great on DXAG.

I'll make a topic once we get started with this so we don't derail this thread any further.

DXAG_Iceworld!!!

:mofu: :mofu: :mofu: :mofu: :mofu:

lol jokes

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 16 Sep 2012, 23:10

ShadowRunner wrote::D We're pretty good at copy/pasting metabolic end product, don't worry. This is awesome, a DXAG revolution will be great.

I guess the major modification is the vents with those doors and buttons and those spawnrooms, including stalkyard and Landernau 2, France1944, Paris, Norway, WW2_Cathedral and Bunker, there's around 8 or 9 WW2 maps to convert and add to DXAG_ZanGoh and DXAG_Landernau 1. Can get rid of smuggler and A51 and be entirely WW2.

Someone could knock out DXAG_EnemyAtTheGates too...

I am guessing this is Version 1 of DXAG, not the newer version with reduced medic?

Would be interesting if it could work with the clyzm/dxrv WW2 weps.

The mod is ArxGenusV3.
I remember some issue with the medic but it could have been in V3 too.. :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Sep 2012, 15:14

You mean the reduced medic version? I liked this, I think it worked far better better, it put medics more on the defensive and force them to be useful to their team, otherwise I think medic is a bit overpowered and no-one gets healed, because medic noob is busy with the enemy. I liked the flying drone thing as well.

Iceworld might work without the gas grenades. Maybe 4 randowm spawns. Turrets of course lol.

RPG Followers could be quite cool in AG on the bigger WW2 maps. Have squads.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Majster » 30 Oct 2012, 18:52

Ok, let's back on topic.

So, what will be with maps? I suggest to add Proteus. I made a mistake, when I suggest earlier this map doesn't fit to Altfire. I think this map pretty good and should be added permanently.
About maps like 8red, Pacman, Abandoned and NYC_Statue, I suggest only one moth trial. For Pacman and Abandoned there were doubts, but 8red and NYC_Statue are worth to try decisively.
I think Cargoyard and Titanium should be withdrawn. These maps are too big and annoying.

Also, there were ideas with fixing the TNAG replace mad. It's great shame, there are no Special Assault Rifle, Sabot Rifle, Minigun, 10mm submachine gun but there are nearly useless Pulse Gun and Blade launcher.

So, can we discuss about the changes on the Altfire Server? :wink:

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:25

I don't envy who has to do all the work, but...

Hangar Storage, that SP edit of the LaGuardia airport crates and big hangar.
8 Red
Proteus
Condemned is a better version of Titanium, which some people don't like.

I think every map like NYC Statue, Gobary, DX_Studios, Yard8, Bunkers, Turnpike, Bioweapon, all FGS members maps that are bigger than Proteus can be added. These are maps I like to test and play once in a while on altfire. It's good to showcase FGS work, even if people are going to vote it less than once a week, it's still worth it I feel.

About the weapons Majster, this is down to the mappers needing to add them in SDK. About that, I will definitely add more tnag weps and stuff like the Chainsaw to all the altfire maps I am updating.

I think Twinz and Prodigy is more than enough in terms of nooby spawnkilling grenade maps and there is absolutely no need to see Pacman or Abandoned, except on special occasions or servertravels.

I would say the maplist is a power which should be wielded according to player's behaviour, if everyone is going to play like Inty, then give them larger maps and less grenades. If people want to play ball, then ok let them have the manic maps.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 19:44

I saw that Cozmo said that UndeadRevolution should cycle through the server..

I personally think that Undead Revolution is a seperate project, that it should have its own server.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Oct 2012, 19:48

That sounds like to me Cozmo saying his server should/is going to cycle gametypes?

If UR worked in altfire, I don't see why not, it seems suitable for altfire, lots of space outside, but we could always do with more servers running different gametypes.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Oct 2012, 19:52

I just thought that UR had specific maps.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Majster » 30 Oct 2012, 20:39

ShadowRunner wrote:I think every map like NYC Statue, Gobary, DX_Studios, Yard8, Bunkers, Turnpike, Bioweapon, all FGS members maps that are bigger than Proteus can be added.

I don't think Gobary and DX_Studios are bigger than Proteus. :p
Anyway, you are right. I would try DX_Studios, Yard8 and Turnpike, also JailBreak - this map fits perfectly to Altfire. I don't know Bioweapon at all. I disagrre with Gobary and Bunkers. Gobay is very small map, perfectly for 0 augs, but for Altfire? Bunkers is a flat map, I have designed this map as 0 augs/WWII map, there is no good place for jumps.

ShadowRunner wrote:About the weapons Majster, this is down to the mappers needing to add them in SDK. About that, I will definitely add more tnag weps and stuff like the Chainsaw to all the altfire maps I am updating.

I understand it, but not every map was made especially for Altfire. For example S9 and eXile are 0 augs maps which proved to be good for Altfire also. For that maps, TNAG replace mod is required. Of course, someone could make an Altfire version of these maps, but no one did it.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)

Return to Deus Ex