Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server.

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Majster » 06 Sep 2012, 20:48

1. Nukedeath
I remember in 2010 there was no nukedeath. I think nukedeath is strange and a bit annoying. After death should remain a corpse, from you can take ammo and medkits, I more like it than nukedeath. Nukedeath is annoying, because you can die no fault of your own, when your teammate is near you. Also, I don't like kill two players at once, where one is killed by nukedeath - it's a bit lame. :?

2. Weapons
Many people complain about beretta, because is overpowered. I think really overpowered weapon is shock rifle. 70% of kills on Altfire are by enerrgy shock rifle, without beretta it would be 90%. I don't see any problem with beretta.
So, I think weapons need no changes.

3. Grenades
I think the current situation is good. No need lams, vacuum grenades are enough.

4. Maps
The main point of thic topic are maps. Some maps should be back and some should be withdrawn. Current maplist is:
DXMP_Altfire_Prodigy
DXMP_Cargoyard
DXMP_Command_Post
DXMP_Condemned
DXMP_EnemyAtTheGates
DXMP_eXiLe
DXMP_Imperator
DXMP_MCI(v0-95)
DXMP_Outpost
DXMP_ReturnToLandernauBETA
DXMP_S9
DXMP_Scoutzknivez_TNAG
DXMP_SillyFortress
DXMP_Silo_V1
DXMP_SmugglerTheDayAfterTNAG
DXMP_Smuggler_ALTFIREb3
DXMP_Temple_Of_Concordia_V2
DXMP_Titanium
DXMP_TWINZ_V3_beta1
DXMP__Cathedral
DXSG_A51_TheDayAfterRC
DXSG_AbydosB
DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_152
DXSG_CMD_V1
DXSG_ORBITAL_TNAG

I think too big maps should be withdrawn. For example DXSG_AbydosB, this map has smaller version - DXMP_CMD_TheDayAfterXP.
Some people want back on the maplist maps like Pacman, 8red, NYC_Statue and Abandoned. I agree with they, we can just try these maps (I think it's good idea to replace these maps with some big maps). My proposition is:
Withdraw:
DXMP_Cargoyard
DXMP_SillyFortress
DXMP_Titanium
DXSG_A51_TheDayAfterRC
DXSG_AbydosB

Add:
8red
Abandoned
CMD_TheDayAfterXP
NYC_Statue
Pacman

5. Summary
My configuration of the server would be:
-no nukedeath
-no changes with weapons
-my maplist:
DXMP_Altfire_Prodigy
DXMP_Command_Post
DXMP_Condemned
DXMP_EnemyAtTheGates
DXMP_eXiLe
DXMP_Imperator
DXMP_MCI(v0-95)
DXMP_Outpost
DXMP_S9
DXMP_Scoutzknivez_TNAG
DXMP_Silo_V1
DXMP_Smuggler_ALTFIREb3
DXMP_TWINZ_V3_beta1
DXMP__Cathedral
DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_152
DXSG_CMD_V1
DXSG_ORBITAL_TNAG
8red
Abandoned
CMD_TheDayAfterXP
NYC_Statue
Pacman

Leave your opinion! :)

Last edited by Majster on 06 Sep 2012, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 20:49

Nukedeath has been discussed once before and it's an integral part of altfire.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3064&p=45375

Not saying you can't discuss it though, just pointing it out for you :oops:

Last edited by Mastakilla on 06 Sep 2012, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Sep 2012, 20:54

I agree with the new map list.

DXMP_Altfire_Prodigy
DXMP_Command_Post
DXMP_Condemned
DXMP_EnemyAtTheGates
DXMP_eXiLe
DXMP_Imperator
DXMP_MCI(v0-95)
DXMP_Outpost
DXMP_S9
DXMP_Scoutzknivez_TNAG
DXMP_Silo_V1
DXMP_Smuggler_ALTFIREb3
DXMP_TWINZ_V3_beta1
DXMP__Cathedral
DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_152
DXSG_CMD_V1
DXSG_ORBITAL_TNAG
8red
Abandoned
CMD_TheDayAfterXP
NYC_Statue
Pacman.....a must add!
Maybe give this map list a try for a month or so and alter it in accordance.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Cozmo » 06 Sep 2012, 21:49

I'd play altfire if it was more varied; the only weapons that are usable are beretta, shock rifle and vacuum rifle. I could use beretta all the time and never lose, but how is that any fun? Everything else is underpowered (proportionally) and/or made completely useless by nukedeath (eg. enforcer or shrapnel). Most maps don't even include half of the other TNAG weapons like bio rifle which can be used tactically. :(

Then again, balancing it would be making it different to the people that have played it for years and have grown to like it the way it is so I guess not.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Poor » 06 Sep 2012, 21:53

Energy rifle is the sniper rifle of altfire. It is essential. The beretta is definitely overpowered compared to the other mid range weapons though. I would replace the beretta with the sabot rifle. Sabot rifle is a fun weapon that isn't available in most maps.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ~DJ~ » 06 Sep 2012, 22:20

I agree with Poor.
Also, all the other stuff is okay on the maplist.. but please not Abandoned. That map.. the horrors.. ](*,)

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Psycho » 06 Sep 2012, 22:36

I never knew about nuke death. Now I know why I always die after I kill someone :clout:

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Cozmo » 06 Sep 2012, 22:40

Whoa whoa, I never said remove the only weapon with range. XD In fact, I don't think anything should be outright removed from altfire, just modified. (Except the beretta because it's literally just a pistol sped up massively. Doesn't even have an altfire). I do think shock rifle should do 80 damage instead of 100 though, because atm it's an easy 1 shot kill at any range. Even the altfire on that gun is a splash damage 1 hit kill. Blade launcher explosive blades are much slower and aren't anywhere near as strong. I just think TNAG could use a lot of balancing.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Majster » 06 Sep 2012, 23:14

Poor wrote:I would replace the beretta with the sabot rifle. Sabot rifle is a fun weapon that isn't available in most maps.

Or 10 mm submachine gun. It's similar to beretta, but worse. Of course also enforcer is, it's good gun, but beretta is just better.

Cozmo wrote:I'd play altfire if it was more varied; the only weapons that are usable are beretta, shock rifle and vacuum rifle.

Yes, it's true. I think balancing thag weapons is good idea. Blade launcher and pulse gun aren't usefull. Sabot, minigun and special assault rifle are good, but vaccum rifle is a bit better, because of very long range.

Last edited by Majster on 07 Sep 2012, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 23:28

I vote for Daft Uzi.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Sep 2012, 23:33

Cozmo wrote:Whoa whoa, I never said remove the only weapon with range. XD In fact, I don't think anything should be outright removed from altfire, just modified. (Except the beretta because it's literally just a pistol sped up massively. Doesn't even have an altfire). I do think shock rifle should do 80 damage instead of 100 though, because atm it's an easy 1 shot kill at any range. Even the altfire on that gun is a splash damage 1 hit kill. Blade launcher explosive blades are much slower and aren't anywhere near as strong. I just think TNAG could use a lot of balancing.

I think your right that Tnag needs an over haul imo.
The maps also need to be changed on a bi monthly vote like Chinny does to keep the server's fresh,different and fun for all players and still with a map vote maybe? Also may be good for any new Altfire maps in the making :wink:

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Sep 2012, 23:43

Blasphemy.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby Poor » 07 Sep 2012, 00:03

Yeah someone should patch the tnag weapons. The biorifle and devastator's nuke cause client-side damage. Also, the ambient sounds aren't being replicated; that's why you don't hear the firing sounds when another player uses the vacuum rifle, pulse rifle, minigun alt, and autoshotgun alt.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 07 Sep 2012, 00:11

Nukedeath was already modified. Players don't explode if you kill them with a close combat weapon like a sword.
Tnag needs a fix tho..

I don't agree with pacman.. at least not with the weapon configuration we had before.
We removed it on purpose not long ago I think.

If we decide to turn the altfire map management into a monthly mapvote like the 0aug server then it will be bound to the removal of mapvote.
It wouldn't make sense to put effort in actively maintaining a maplist if mapvote causes just 3 maps to be voted all the time.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Wunderland Altfire - changes on the server. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 07 Sep 2012, 00:37

Remove map vote maybe then? These are just suggestions I'm dishing out not to say I'm %100 in favor of any of them atm. Apart from the Packman map as it's Legend and the first map I played if I remember correctly.

Return to Deus Ex