Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A property owning system for rpg

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

A property owning system for rpg - Postby TheWolf » 23 Sep 2012, 19:10

I'm building an old style rpg map(Player run everything) and I need some sort of system... I wondering how I can make a card-door system like rpg_v2t4. Or if anyone has got a better idea post it here. Thanksh

Ingame: Sev
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby Vexus » 23 Sep 2012, 19:19

instead of throwing the card at the door, you maybe could make the door check for the frobber's item, and they can close/open the door whenever they want as long as they have the card in their hand.

and instead of having multiple cards, you can add variables to a player class (maybe even the card itself) that determine what kind of stuff they have (apartment 4, bank slot 6, etc)

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby anax » 23 Sep 2012, 19:55

Vexus wrote:instead of throwing the card at the door, you maybe could make the door check for the frobber's item, and they can close/open the door whenever they want as long as they have the card in their hand.

and instead of having multiple cards, you can add variables to a player class (maybe even the card itself) that determine what kind of stuff they have (apartment 4, bank slot 6, etc)

THESE!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby Magus » 24 Sep 2012, 19:59

Vexus wrote:instead of throwing the card at the door, you maybe could make the door check for the frobber's item, and they can close/open the door whenever they want as long as they have the card in their hand.

I actually wrote a mod that did just that, although I've lost it now =(

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby Vexus » 24 Sep 2012, 20:17

Magus wrote:

I actually wrote a mod that did just that, although I've lost it now =(

Losing good work is always a bummer.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby Mastakilla » 25 Sep 2012, 13:30

CHANGING CORE MECHANICS OF DOUBLE_D'S RPG BLASPHEMY

Wait, Magus makes mods?

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby TheWolf » 26 Sep 2012, 04:52

I have no modding experience what so ever... Can somebody explain this stuff to me?

Ingame: Sev
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby Magus » 26 Sep 2012, 11:51

Mastakilla wrote:Wait, Magus makes mods?

Just that one, actually. Although I did make a minor fix to the Classbreaker used on DXMS_Foregone and RTKM_Spirit so that it actually worked...

If I remember rightly, the mod I did was a custom mover that required a specific user-defined item to open (changeable in the editor) - it simply cycled through everything the player was carrying and activated only when it found what it wanted :)

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: A property owning system for rpg - Postby Vexus » 26 Sep 2012, 22:47

Magus wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:Wait, Magus makes mods?

Just that one, actually. Although I did make a minor fix to the Classbreaker used on DXMS_Foregone and RTKM_Spirit so that it actually worked...

If I remember rightly, the mod I did was a custom mover that required a specific user-defined item to open (changeable in the editor) - it simply cycled through everything the player was carrying and activated only when it found what it wanted :)

Boss.

Return to Deus Ex