Yard8_beta2
1%

Total votes : 75

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby chin.democ. » 13 Oct 2012, 10:52

~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2

Please vote for your favourite 12 maps from the following poll of 21. The top 12 maps with the most votes will make the server rotation, the 9 lowest scoring maps will be taken off the rotation until the next voting session begins in two weeks, vote lasts for three days!

I ran out of poll options and so I have left out DXMP_NYC_Statue, and DXMP_Lockdown if anyone wants to vote it please say in your post, thanks. :oops:

DXMP_Abbottabad

DXMP_Bound

DXMP_Bunkers_beta4

DXMP_CS-Office

DXMP_Dressing_Room

DXMP_DryDock

DXMP_DX_Studios_Beta1_3

DXMP_Gobary

DXMP_Guardpost

DXMP_Lockdown

DXMP_Mini_Dust

DXMP_NoExit_beta2

DXMP_Pool

DXMP_Siberia_beta3

DXMP_Snorbans_Final

DXMP_Snow

DXMP_Stalkyard

DXMP_Stalwart_beta2

DXMP_StrangeDocks_beta3

DXMP_Turnpike

DXMP_Yard8_beta2

Thanks for keeping this community driven server fresh and thanks for your vote!

Voting for maps will take place every two weeks at http://www.Gravity-World.com, for more in depth server details check out http://www.DXMP.freeforums.org. Only two beta maps per mapper permitted, beta maps that haven't been updated for two months will go into the bi-monthly vote.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby atrey65789 » 13 Oct 2012, 14:57

Shouldn't we take out the maps that have 0 votes? Just a thought.. cause if no one likes a map, then it should be replaced with a fresh, brand new one...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby chin.democ. » 13 Oct 2012, 18:33

I think you make a good point but often maps will go in and out of fashion, however the maplist is continuing to grow so perhaps there is a good case for a trim of maps in the near future.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Oct 2012, 02:58

I see the maps on beta version hosted for a limited time ...we get that and all other maps then to choose from on the Bi Monthly Map Vote so I see no reason to pull maps at all! if the map list gets that epic cut them down to list 1 and 2 top hosted maps. Either way 50 or 5000 maps the vote is there for the player to choose the maps they want no matter how many there are! don't change it Chinny :-D

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby atrey65789 » 14 Oct 2012, 13:44

Why not cheese? You want to have a server playing the same maps over and over? We should try something new...

Try a few new maps each month... the only maps that you drop off of the server are the ones that no one have interests in... It's COMPLETELY explainable.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Oct 2012, 15:09

apart from beta maps that are permanently hosted with a time limit per beta version all other maps are there to vote for by the players. so no matter how many maps there are the maps voted for are the ones hosted, so taking maps out the vote list is pointless imo.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby atrey65789 » 14 Oct 2012, 15:25

Well its up to chinny really..

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Oct 2012, 16:10

i get what your saying but if all the maps are there to vote for then why get rid of them? if the list had say 200 maps I could see the point but atm I don't see no reason to start ...well deleting maps of the list that don't get voted for.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Oct 2012, 16:45

atrey65789 wrote:Why not cheese? You want to have a server playing the same maps over and over?

By reducing the maplist there is more chance of the above happening when you think about it. I see your point about getting rid of some maps and there is a good arguement for it, but perhaps now is not the time, however in future when the maplist grows more (I should get back to 0-aug mapping in the new year or so!) then we can perhaps seriously discuss reducing the maplist.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Oct 2012, 16:50

lol I just said that Chinny :bwahaha:

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby atrey65789 » 14 Oct 2012, 17:24

I am not saying JUST taking out the maps and reducing the list.. I am saying take out the maps that no one votes for and REPLACE them with new ones... Because DXMP Have had maps like Pool,etc. for a while.... New ones is what 0A needs...

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Oct 2012, 17:33

I would agree if the map list exceeded 100+ but like Chinny and me said many times over... maps go in and out of fashion, so it's good to have them to choose from in such a small map list as it is right now. Until it gets to an epic scale it should be left alone till then. No point fixing something that's not broken.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Oct 2012, 18:12

Looking back atrey, 0-augs had maybe 1-2 new maps a year before I launched my full out assualt on having new 0-aug maps, couple that with the mapping challenge, recruiting [FGS] mappers and making a decent [FGS] mapping division and whatnot and with contributions from people like Anax and Ste - 0-augs new maps are plentiful now.

I've personally taken time off making 0-augs maps due to my commitments with other projects such as Cozmo RPG, Hengsha RPG and Summer 101. Recently activity on [FGS] 0-augs server has slowed to a crawl and this is true with the amount of 0-aug map updates. So I agree somewhat in what you are saying in that we haven't had a new map (or even a beta update) for about a month or so (DXMP_Guardpost by TheWolf).

I'm definitely going to carry on making 0-aug maps in the future this is something I have a great passion for and for me it's alot of fun to make and share with the community.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 14 Oct 2012, 22:14

I like the whole initiative too! At least one FGS server that's not antiquated. :o
Btw, the poll limit is now 25. I hope you get along with it, Chinny! :D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS]0-Augs Server~ Bi Monthly Map Vote - October #2 - Postby chin.democ. » 15 Oct 2012, 07:36

Ah nice one, was gonna ask about that lol.

Return to Deus Ex