Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

FGS non Aug and Phantom.

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby synthetic » 31 Dec 2012, 09:27

Awesome stuff, Cozmo!

I think coding a warning message of somesort is an important part of it, but it is not that important whether it kicks with the message or forces spectate, in case some other option is easier/less time consuming to code.

As for Blade's question, I do believe this thread mentioned a mod or mutator that already accomplishes it, by another coder. I wonder if indeed it is possible to include it, although if acceleration is fixed then it probably isnt that important.

Cozmo, to be clear, can your mutator detect the game being sped up, or does it only detect the fps? Just to be clear about it.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby chin.democ. » 31 Dec 2012, 16:07

Allan would be the man to talk to about fps showing in scoreboard.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby Cozmo » 31 Dec 2012, 17:29

Yeah Allan's scoreboard thing is really nice. We might need a new gametype to implement that properly, not entirely sure.

~Blade~ wrote:cool we'll need to test though, can't wait.

Awesome. Once I update this, I'm gonna need lots of people to thoroughly test it with, just to be 100% sure it doesn't get the wrong people etc. It's already on the old varying server, I'll schedule some tests and hand out the pass when it works properly.

Hidden wrote:Cozmo, to be clear, can your mutator detect the game being sped up, or does it only detect the fps? Just to be clear about it.

This is where it gets weird - my method is supposed to pick up any form of DX being sped up, but currently only picks up on it via fps. I think the checking conditions themselves are speeding up proportionally? Anyway, during the last test, a faster client still had more debug messages on the server so it's definitely detectable, just needs some tweaking.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby ShadowRunner » 31 Dec 2012, 19:40

my fps is pretty crap, especially when I run fraps, so I can do some testing sure.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby synthetic » 31 Dec 2012, 22:57

That small mutator you are coding is probably the most significant contribution by the community member to the community that has been released in the past 5 years at least. Custom mods touch some of us, your mod touches everybody.

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby Psycho » 01 Jan 2013, 04:47

Shad what's fraps? The thing that turns demorecs into youtube vids?

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby chin.democ. » 01 Jan 2013, 15:24

Fraps records live footage of you playing your game, activated by a shortcut key, and saved as a large video file. I used it a couple of times, hey shad do u remember the ww2 video I made for the code zero project a few years back heheh.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby ~Blade~ » 04 Jan 2013, 00:23

~Blade~ wrote:by the way, about the netspeed thing, 10k is around the 140-150 fps mark.

oops, ^ this guy talks so much crap lol
10k is more like 190 in game, which in dx.ini cap is around 140-150 (you know the frameratelimit= thing)
8k is around 140 fps in game, 6k is around 100 fps in game. its just that formula max fps=netspeed/64, approximately. Thought i should clear this up for those that thought netspeed cap didn't work :oops:

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby Psycho » 19 Jan 2013, 21:14

Was playing in THC server earlier, and Phant was playing as Lance*Armstrong, and he had the worse fps bug I have ever seen. Seems like he's found a way of ehancing his fps even further in Anna.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Jan 2013, 12:19

I have good ping, so took Lance down a few times, but I feel sorry for people that have no chance.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby synthetic » 26 Jan 2013, 10:08

Hows the mutator coming along?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby ShadowRunner » 26 Jan 2013, 15:25

I noticed something yesterday. Insanely fast scope and reload is only really dangerous if they are sniping. Switching to assault, I could beat those people without too much trouble, but their assault was still too good for sawn-off a lot of the time. When I am using sawn-off I can tell fast fps, because if they are normal I can at least get one shot off, but if they are fast, it's probable you're dead before you can fire (with sawn-off). Killed them very easily with flame.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby Cozmo » 26 Jan 2013, 18:33

I was gonna leave it in Poor's hands - mine consistently detects anyone with >100fps, which is like 99% of the problem, but for some reason it won't detect anyone speeding up DX by other means, even with someone's improved version of my method. :-s If I release it in it's current state, it'd probably fix most of the problem, but then the advantage abusers have would be more noticeable, and I'd get flak from the community every time it happened

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby Mastakilla » 26 Jan 2013, 23:01

Cozmo wrote:I was gonna leave it in Poor's hands - mine consistently detects anyone with >100fps, which is like 99% of the problem, but for some reason it won't detect anyone speeding up DX by other means, even with someone's improved version of my method. :-s If I release it in it's current state, it'd probably fix most of the problem, but then the advantage abusers have would be more noticeable, and I'd get flak from the community every time it happened

This would rule out a high FPS as an excuse for dodgyness though, meaning people with a higher fire rite claiming it's just FPS get caught with their pants down :-D

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS non Aug and Phantom. - Postby synthetic » 31 Jan 2013, 10:08

Nick is right, by releasing it you more effectively separate the "work accident" and obvious cheating. Accelerating game performance through additional software or whatever other means even through capped fps is laymans aimbot that at the same time allows themselves to take their petty little pride from having to still do a bit of work.

Since the word is spreading, users of such cheating method will increase in numbers after the release of the mutator, but I doubt it'll exceed 10 players tops, at least for a while. Taking in all the details seen and heard, I'd estimate around 4-5 players use it already, mostly (but likely not limited to) Phantom's circle of acquaintances.

Return to Deus Ex