Application for FGS.

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Application for FGS. - Postby Whiplash » 16 Oct 2012, 02:48

Hi guys;

I am writing tonight to apply for membership of FGS. Many of you will have seen me around, I have played DX for a very long time. For the last couple of years I have chosen to play DX without a clan tag because I had more fun doing so - less pressure, more fun.

1) I've been playing more DX recently and my game has improved a good bit. I think I can represent any clan well.
2) I'd like to be more connected to other DX fans.

As to the standard questions: here goes.

1. Your most used DX-Nickname along with previous aliases
Only ever been Whiplash, though in the past I dabbled with the name llamanator.

2. How long have you been playing Deus Ex?
Played SP since 2002. MP since 2005.

3. List your previous clans, state reason for not playing for them anymore (such as: Clan dead, Clan kicked me, I left clan etc.)
E3. Died
IO. Died.
XPS. Died.

4. Why would you like to join [FGS]?
FGS is probably the most active and reputable clan in DX.

5. Are you familiar with some of the [FGS] members already? Do you have friends in our clan?
Not to any great extent.

6. Do you have special skills that could be useful to contribute in [FGS] projects? (such as mapping, coding, modelling abilities etc.)
Not unless you need a Java programmer lol.

7. Post some screenshots of your DX scores (optional)
That will come later, but they will just show that I am a strong, above-average player.

8. Do you think you would be a good addition to our team? If yes, why?(Lol does anyone ever say no to this?) :bwahaha:
I'm a plain speaking man so I'm going to be blunt. I play a lot, I'm pretty good. I try to avoid trash talking and negativity, make DX welcoming for newbies, and soon I'll be able to contribute to the server fund.

I can also mod forums and admin servers, I've had experience doing both, if FGS could use any more trustworthy ppl to do that.

9. Confirm that you have read and accepted our clan's rules.
Fair, sensible rules. I accept them.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
Sonny
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby Sonny » 16 Oct 2012, 03:10

Good luck ^^

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby Mastakilla » 16 Oct 2012, 03:55

Was not expecting you! Good stuff, good luck :-)

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby Whiplash » 16 Oct 2012, 04:26

Mastakilla wrote:Was not expecting you!
I have a way of doing that :-D

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby chin.democ. » 16 Oct 2012, 08:14

Are you serious about being in a clan?, will you hang around here and add your thoughts here and there?, we need people who are active in servers and here ideally. What's taken you so long to apply for FGS? Did you just report an idiot in the server and then decide impulsively to apply to the clan?

Internal poll has been set up, it will run for seven days, to improve your chances of acceptance I strongly recommend that you hang out here and be active in DXMP servers.

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby Whiplash » 16 Oct 2012, 09:24

Did you just report an idiot in the server and then decide impulsively to apply to the clan?
No :-s lol I decided to apply over the past week, it just so happened that I had to come on here to report the moron so it seemed ideal to do bothat the same time.

If you want to know what motivates my decision, it's a relatively simple story.

A few years ago, my last clan XPS died. My skills were only so-so and while I'd been in that clan and others, I always felt pressure to always play well, never get owned, so as never to let my clan down. When XPS died, that pressure went away and I found I was having much more fun playing as just plain old Whiplash. Shortly afterwards, as XPS was basically subsumed into RTK, I was offered membership of that clan but passed on it for the reasons I just mentioned.

But as I said that was years ago - recently I've had more time to play DX, and I think I've got better. Not the best ever, but pretty good, well above average at least. During a game of 0 Aug play about a week or two ago there was this godlike player called Kiki on the other team who was pulverizing the opposition (my team). I was one of the few that was able to challenge her (I assume it was a she) and broke one hell of a streak where she was getting "Kiki is Godlike" on that UT announcer streak counter thing every few seconds. As the match concluded, ome of the other players on my team were like "wow Whiplash you're really good, none of us have been able to kill Kiki."

And then it dawned on me "Hey, I'm pretty good at this." Not long after I gave serious consideration to applying for a clan (as I think I'm good enough now that I can represent a clan well at all times, and have fun doing so) and FGS was the first and most obvious choice, for its longevity and reputation.

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby Whiplash » 16 Oct 2012, 09:35

I've been playing DX a lot, Karkys server with the Rescue Assault maps and FGS/THC 0 Aug and Altfire to a somewhat lesser extent.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 16 Oct 2012, 10:45

Your sudden application surprises me tbh, but yeah.. good luck! :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby Mastakilla » 16 Oct 2012, 10:55

chin.democ. wrote:Are you serious about being in a clan?, will you hang around here and add your thoughts here and there?, we need people who are active in servers and here ideally. What's taken you so long to apply for FGS? Did you just report an idiot in the server and then decide impulsively to apply to the clan?

Internal poll has been set up, it will run for seven days, to improve your chances of acceptance I strongly recommend that you hang out here and be active in DXMP servers.

Look at his clan history and the time he's played, does it look like he impulsively applies to clans? :-D

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ~DJ~ » 16 Oct 2012, 12:13

Hey Whiplash!
Surprising, awesome! good luck man! :-D

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Oct 2012, 13:15

I know you're just joking or playing devil's advocate, but I can answer this to some extent.

chin.democ. wrote:Are you serious about being in a clan?

:) That serious question again.

will you hang around here and add your thoughts here and there?

Did you just report an idiot in the server and then decide impulsively to apply to the clan?

He's been giving server requests/feedback years longer than most FGS members, some of whom were altfire and SG converts. Whiplash has been an altfire fan from day one and is sometimes the strongest-minded non-member I know regarding the maplist and server. I don't share all his views, but I have to respect them, he plays altfire a lot.

we need people who are active in servers and here ideally

I see him every day. I feel he is someone who would always wear the tag and use his name and would not hide from other clan members.

Whiplash, nothing to do with your application, but for my learning purposes, I'm going to make some altfire maps, would you be able to list or pm me the 2-3 maps you vote, the 2-3 maps you hate.

Last edited by ShadowRunner on 16 Oct 2012, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 16 Oct 2012, 13:20

Debates/opinions about him in 3rd person should remain in the internal poll topic.
But yeah, I agree nevertheless. :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Oct 2012, 13:21

OH ok, sorry, shall I edit my post?

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 16 Oct 2012, 13:24

Well, now it's posted.. just for the future. :-)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Application for FGS. - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 16 Oct 2012, 13:30

I remember you! I used fo go as Deathmaster and Sasquatch back in the day.. Good luck!

Return to Deus Ex