Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Maps available for download

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Maps available for download - Postby [3]Ste » 19 Oct 2012, 18:06

http://www.filedropper.com/cathrevamp-dryd0ck

I hosted these to maybe get some playtime on your servers or wherever :) Hope you enjoy them.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Maps available for download - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Oct 2012, 13:50

Would love to see Cath on all the 0-aug servers and also I think Lockdown even could work well in Altfire. Also Cath would make an interesting replacement for the original on Altfire too.

I'm really keen to see this new African/Mediterranean/Arabic village though.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Maps available for download - Postby chin.democ. » 20 Oct 2012, 14:33

Looks like I've got a few new map updates to put on FGS 0-aug, I'll do that right now.

[3]Ste
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Maps available for download - Postby [3]Ste » 20 Oct 2012, 15:08

I actually am quite proud of the simple changes on cathedral because It in my opinion is now viable for non augs. The ladder to the roof from the chapel was a much needed extra I think. Opening up that building I did take that from Shadows [I think] map were I saw it and thought why hasnt anyone done that before. A superb idea by the big man!!

Dryd0ck has small changes, The glass on the curved tip has been removed because I couldnt stop it bugging. Was only breakable from 1 side when another panel of glass was broken. A very weird error I couldnt figure out...even after many rebuilds..

The Urban map is coming along quite well from my view point. What I'm enjoying doing on this build is working out the feel and look for the buildings. There are also gradients I'm working on so the map is not flat at all. I think the biggest challenge is that this map can be both augged and non augged so I have got to implement a turrent and because of the way im doing the streets Im wanting to bring an element of team play in order to be able to take the turrent for ATDM and even possibley....non augged.

However I will say Im not going huge on detail I really think less is more with this map.

A big thank you however goes to Shadow for allowing me the use of his textures.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Maps available for download - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Oct 2012, 18:31

Opening up that building I did take that from Shadows [I think] map were I saw it and thought why hasnt anyone done that before. A superb idea by the big man!!

I did the quickest and worst way possible, a hole with a ladder. I'm interested to see how you did it. I was thinking probably another spawnroom at ground level, but with a stair case also going up to the roof.

The textures are all public and I have uploaded the entire 150mb collection in the Unreal Revolution thread.
Some of the WW2 textures come from UT maps.

Return to Deus Ex