Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest)

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest) - Postby Whiplash » 28 Oct 2012, 18:21

As per the title, I'm wondering if anyone has this map, all the online sources seem to be down, or removed or something. It's a nice map plus it has some features I'd like to pinch for a map of my own.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest - Postby TheWolf » 28 Oct 2012, 19:00

Ingame: Sev
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest - Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Oct 2012, 19:14

I don't know who made it but you will need permission, or just better to look how it was done and do it yourself.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 28 Oct 2012, 19:17

If I recall correct, it was protected, wasn't it? :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest - Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Oct 2012, 19:36

I would assume so, otherwise I would have seen a million vans moving by now.

It's surprisingly easy to track these people down via PDX forums or talking to veteran players. Jared Locke who made DXMP_Skyline was still around. Mantra is still around sometimes. It probably tells you on PDX who made House Arrest or when you play it.

Since some maps from this era are unprotected, you have to assume the protected ones are protected.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest - Postby Magus » 28 Oct 2012, 20:27

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:If I recall correct, it was protected, wasn't it? :?

No, actually. I did have it open in the editor a few years back ^^

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Does anyone have the House Arrest map? (DXMP_HouseArrest - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 28 Oct 2012, 20:28

Yes, you're right. My version of HouseArrest dates back to 2001.
And there was no protection tool yet.. at least not from my end. :-D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Deus Ex