Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Direct X 10 Black Screen

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Direct X 10 Black Screen - Postby TheWolf » 25 Nov 2012, 22:45

I run DX10, whenever I hit start to go change the song or something, it changes the resolution to very low, estimating 640 x 480. I have to bring up task manager to get to my desktop. Then when I come back, everything in game is solid black. Still have the menus working. I have to exit out and come back to see again. It's not really a big problem but does get annoying. I run a Radeon HD6870 with dual 22" Acer x223ws at 1680 x 1050. My dx resolution is 1024 x 768.

Ingame: Sev
Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: Direct X 10 Black Screen - Postby Whiplash » 06 Dec 2012, 06:17

This might not be much help but of the last 3 graphics cards I had, 3 were nVidias and 1 was a radeon (HD4670).

The Radeon was pure metabolic end product re: how it handled DX, it messed up other games too but it saved its absolute worst misbehaviour for Deus Ex.

As soon as I could afford to build a new computer (my current one) I f***ed Radeon out the window and got the most effective nVidia card I could find, that being my current 550Ti.

If noone else can help, my last resort advice would be twofold:

First: try using OpenGL. Like OpenGL v2, the drivers for that are around somewhere. I had to tweak it to make it work as good as it did, it was near perfect but still not 100%.
Second: if that doesn't work, get any nVidia card you can get your hands on.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Direct X 10 Black Screen - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Dec 2012, 06:27

Whiplash wrote:This might not be much help but of the last 3 graphics cards I had, 3 were nVidias and 1 was a radeon (HD4670).

The Radeon was pure metabolic end product re: how it handled DX, it messed up other games too but it saved its absolute worst misbehaviour for Deus Ex.

As soon as I could afford to build a new computer (my current one) I f***ed Radeon out the window and got the most effective nVidia card I could find, that being my current 550Ti.

If noone else can help, my last resort advice would be twofold:

First: try using OpenGL. Like OpenGL v2, the drivers for that are around somewhere. I had to tweak it to make it work as good as it did, it was near perfect but still not 100%.
Second: if that doesn't work, get any nVidia card you can get your hands on.

Offtopic sorta but I used to swear by Nvidia, but now I have an ATI Radeon HD 4870 (sonic dual edition) and it's *loving* amazing, running Far Cry 3 great and it's an 2008 card

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: Direct X 10 Black Screen - Postby Alessi » 06 Dec 2012, 12:49

My screen sometimes go black when I minimize DX using alt + enter and try to maximize again..

Return to Deus Ex