Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Player Survey

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Player Survey - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Nov 2012, 12:53

1.Now the mappers in Hengsha want to change the plan to something more faithful and like a port, the same question goes to all other aspects of the RPG mod. Do people want a port of the characters, missions and areas or do people want a parody, comedy, funny characters saying funny stuff, or something more community based, not the original script, missions, speech, conversations etc.
What would people prefer to see? a parody, a port, a port but with new missions, convo or locations? State your preferred combo please.

2. Irregardless of style, what/which/any specific parts/moments of Hengsha do players really want to visit please?

3. Estimating that this comes out after UR RPG and Cozmo 3 and that we are giving people a sneak preview at Xmas, how long do people want to wait for the full beta RPG. 4 months? 8 months? 12 months?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Player Survey - Postby ~DJ~ » 30 Nov 2012, 13:13

ShadowRunner wrote:1.
Spoiler:
Now the mappers in Hengsha want to change the plan to something more faithful and like a port, the same question goes to all other aspects of the RPG mod. Do people want a port of the characters, missions and areas or do people want a parody, comedy, funny characters saying funny stuff, or something more community based, not the original script, missions, speech, conversations etc.
What would people prefer to see? a parody, a port, a port but with new missions, convo or locations? State your preferred combo please.

Well, I don't know much about the current project but I'd like to see a port which looks very close and faithful to the original regarding the map.. as in the play area.
Because it'd be great to have a 'Deus Ex Human Revolution' multiplayer experience, ya' know? :-D
Why not combine these ideas, by the way.. If you have already written community-based parody/comedy stuff, just add those. Characters could be hard to port in as it's DXMP and I'm afraid not many have managed to even port in some of their own custom characters... however I think you guys have managed to do some skins which work just great I guess! Close enough for the port.

ShadowRunner wrote:2.
Spoiler:
Irregardless of style, what/which/any specific parts/moments of Hengsha do players really want to visit please?

well, I'd like to get back on this one later perhaps, but on the top of my head I could say The Hive Bar.. or the Docks, even.... but I'd like any streets or the 'outside' area.

ShadowRunner wrote:3.
Spoiler:
Estimating that this comes out after UR RPG and Cozmo 3 and that we are giving people a sneak preview at Xmas, how long do people want to wait for the full beta RPG. 4 months? 8 months? 12 months?

As long as it takes, I can wait. :bwahaha:
not sure about the others! So I'd say just the maximum time you've mentioned then.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Player Survey - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Nov 2012, 14:05

Yes the map definitely will more of a port, led by the porting champion, but about missions, old or new etc...
There is a thread here though about the map.
http://deusexmultiplayer.freeforums.org ... 14-10.html
Probably would be good to get any mapper talking there, not just Chees and Chin.

Thanks for the response. 1 response on the other forums too was "serious action".

The parody is risky and also becomes meaningless over time to new players perhaps. But is also a unique opportunity to involve the devs, make interesting video, experiment with game design and the relationship between fan and dev. Parody of the community is perhaps meaningless to the outside world too.

Chees and Chin, it sounds rather like Cheech and Chong doesn't it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2pXxHW1DHs

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Player Survey - Postby Mastakilla » 30 Nov 2012, 14:54

I'm more interested to see a parody of sorts

As for time, I really think deadlines will destroy quality. TNM and 2027 took their bloody time, but they're arguably some of the best mods ever made in general, not just for DX.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Player Survey - Postby chin.democ. » 30 Nov 2012, 15:05

The thing is multiplayer is a different ball game all-together, we need to get people excited about this mod and need to crack on with it so players don't drift away from the game, at least that's how I view it.

I'd like to see a serious mod but with some humorous Easter eggs perhaps.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Player Survey - Postby Poor » 03 Dec 2012, 08:01

I am thinking new missions would be more interesting than trying to recreate HR missions. Also I am thinking missions should be serious but there can be a few less serious missions such as delivering noodles or finding a lost pet.

RedDynasty
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Portugal

Re: Player Survey - Postby RedDynasty » 04 Dec 2012, 15:14

A port but with new missions would be great and i also agree with chin and poor. A little bit of humor is allways nice and secondary missions intensify the RPG feel.

You're not a gamer until you played this.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Player Survey - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Dec 2012, 19:02

OK so a fairly serious action thing which ports the areas but has new missions and some can be funny ones, like delivering noodles. So I think then have some new areas or areas that were previously out bounds?

I like the new missions and some new areas idea, because it will be a lot faster and easier to create than copy something exactly, which might not always go so well for various reasons.

I think on EM forums is probably a lot of info about what players didn't like about Hengsha and wanted.
Probably we should ask similar questions there, there might be characters that people wanted more of etc.
I'll post a link to the topic.

Return to Deus Ex