Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby ~Blade~ » 12 Jan 2013, 17:00

I'm not 100% sure a player-count-determined-mapvote system would really work for dx, since most of the time servers are empty and lots of players can leave very quickly (so e.g. 8 players in and they vote a big map, then at the map change 2-3 go because they dislike the map, 1-2 go because thats just when they normally go, then the remaining 3-4 spend most of their time wondering if any of the 1 or 2 red guys are guna turn up -> server empties).

The fact that smaller maps get played more is because there are only a few players in dx, but also, because the over numbered smaller maps (smaller maps with too many players for that map) are more preferred than the reverse (large maps with not enough players).

I think chinnys kind of idea about setting the maplist in a certain way is good, i was thinking like having a certain number of larger/smaller maps each.

Also shadow, i just counted the THC maplist and there are 20, initially i was hoping to only have enough so that you dont have to scroll to vote, but i'm not sure we can manage that.

Last edited by ~Blade~ on 12 Jan 2013, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Mastakilla » 12 Jan 2013, 17:20

I think if a player is alone on a server for ~5 minutes, the server should change to the map he voted for regardless of wether or not the match has ended. I think this might help attracting more players to a server, when a shitty map is on

Ofcourse would require mapvote to be changed

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Psycho » 13 Jan 2013, 18:32

I don't think a large map is a problem. In places like Cathedral there are far too many rooms, and you can go minutes before a fight. That's the problem, not the size.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby chin.democ. » 13 Jan 2013, 22:07

I agree Pyscho, if you take a look at DXMP_Turnpike, there really isn't alot of hiding places, it's quite a direct main building from one side to the other with surrounding areas.

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Alessi » 13 Jan 2013, 22:14

What you're saying is all very true, but certain maps like Area 51 hardly make matches exciting no matter if you can always see each other..all it becomes is a lame sniping match and that's that..

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Psycho » 13 Jan 2013, 23:53

Alessi wrote:What you're saying is all very true, but certain maps like Area 51 hardly make matches exciting no matter if you can always see each other..all it becomes is a lame sniping match and that's that..

I enjoy playing 0a Area51, I've just grown a dislike to it because of how it's played in augs :-D

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Whiplash » 14 Jan 2013, 00:35

chin.democ. wrote:I would like to change my mind and host Railways if the offer is still available Whip, I was too harsh before and would like to host your map as I know you have worked hard on it, I just need the latest version.

I'm still going to host the likes of Office and Turnpike as I believe they are decent maps, I wish the community was more accepting of more detailed maps.
Hi Chin;

Of course the offer is still open, I uploaded the map with the intention that it be used by anyone who wants it, the same will apply to Moonlabs (nearly finished) and anything after that. I've discovered a better water texture so there is indeed a new version, check the thread in the Maps forum.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Jan 2013, 01:38

Looking forward to Moonlabs, the pictures looked very promising. Have you any new pictures to show the recent map? or could you take some and post if you have time?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jan 2013, 11:58

I counted from the forum post.

Blade, Bumtown, Castle and SniperBox, is that a personal choice, or what people wanted? I would recommend Hillz and Ship, although Ship will annoy Ken, Fear and others will love it.

And ye, maybe Masta's idea is better, just we do have that option I guess, to tinker with mapvoting.

I really enjoy Pool or MiniDust, but Pool, MiniDust and THEN Snow or Iceworld, kills me. 2 Arena maps in a row, is enough, at least smuggler or CMD needs to be played in amongst these, or it just becomes monotonous.

When I play the really small maps like Iceworld, Pool, MiniDust etc, I'm very conscious of people whining about my ping, or accusing me etc, or generally not liking being killed by an amateur. When I play on CMD or Smuggler, no-one complains, the intensity of defeat is less for them.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Jan 2013, 13:42

Perhaps Anna could have a built in mapvote that doesn't allow the same maps to be chosen for three games. Two hits of iceworld does me in personally.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Cozmo » 14 Jan 2013, 14:15

Sorry for being blunt, but why are people hosting GODZ maps? They were utter crap even back in like 2004. Almost had an aneurysm recently when I went on DX the other day to find GODZ_BUMTOWN + Fatboy mutator :-&

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Mastakilla » 14 Jan 2013, 18:08

Cozmo wrote:Sorry for being blunt, but why are people hosting GODZ maps? They were utter crap even back in like 2004. Almost had an aneurysm recently when I went on DX the other day to find GODZ_BUMTOWN + Fatboy mutator :-&

Nostalgia :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Jan 2013, 00:28

chin.democ. wrote:Perhaps Anna could have a built in mapvote that doesn't allow the same maps to be chosen for three games. Two hits of iceworld does me in personally.

Something like this. I'd add a highlighting system for the maps that are votable and darker text for the ones in the queue. That way also you could increase the maplist also, allow a map only every 5 games, so 4 others must play first.

It's not blunt at all. No disrespect, but server admins do need to be told sometimes. That is what friends are for. I'd get rid of Fatboy mutator, Castle.

I like Sniperbox, but it will give any single player fan a heart attack, if that is the first dxmp they ever see.

That's what happened to me, another GODZ map very similar with 3-4 floors and "very fat ppl cheating", so I was like "ok everyone is an idiot". Only because FGS was there and I saw DXMP_Proteus, did I think DXMP was cool.

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Psycho » 15 Jan 2013, 10:05

I think it's harder to hit the fat players than the skinny players anyways, so it's a disadvantage for the newer players.

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ Server Maps - Postby Alessi » 15 Jan 2013, 15:12

Psycho wrote:
Alessi wrote:What you're saying is all very true, but certain maps like Area 51 hardly make matches exciting no matter if you can always see each other..all it becomes is a lame sniping match and that's that..

I enjoy playing 0a Area51, I've just grown a dislike to it because of how it's played in augs :-D

Fair enough :-D

That being said, let's get fgs 0a up again!! I remember it started about this time last year and it was EPIC :-D

Return to Deus Ex