Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Role Playing Game

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Role Playing Game - Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2013, 05:23

RPG. In dx at times it seems more like killing unarmed players repeatedly for fun. I think it's become a problem. People aren't playing it like it should be played. When I first started dx, I had a clan called deus ex killers, DXK. This was around 2007/2008. All day I would host rpg_v2t4 and we would role play alot, with minimized killing. Everyone had apartments decorated completely. I handed out the admin password and players would run the shops. There was no jail system. Instead the cops would just kill any who caused trouble. Nowadays, I can barely make it out of the spawnrooms. So whats your take on RPG?

Ingame: Sev
RedDynasty
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Portugal

Re: Role Playing Game - Postby RedDynasty » 03 Jan 2013, 12:09

1 word: FunLine

You're not a gamer until you played this.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Role Playing Game - Postby chin.democ. » 03 Jan 2013, 14:46

Multiple spawns.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Role Playing Game - Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2013, 23:52

Multiple spawns hasn't fixed that. I still get destroyed in cozmo rpg v2.

Ingame: Sev
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Role Playing Game - Postby chin.democ. » 04 Jan 2013, 15:03

I think version three should have a third spawn somewhere in the slums, it's true that RPG is only as good as who you are playing with at the time. No guns zones in areas should help, it's something that is difficult to eliminate, the more you think about it. Shadow's idea of the mini police huts was very clever for example, you could pick up your police weapons and uniforms at chinatown or slums police huts instead of going back to the police station which was often quite dangerous. One thing in Cozmo RPG v3 i've that is added is more pathways, so you can take shortcuts through shops into alleyways, avoiding the most trodden paths.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Role Playing Game - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Jan 2013, 14:50

My criticisms of our first attempt at RPG mapping:

1. All the RPG is in China and Uptown, The Hilton is not a hotel. The slums are one big vent.
2. The entire city is no more than 2 floors high and is generally flat.
3. The monorail deletion was imo an oversight, players are forced to use the long slums.
4. Players can stand in between the uptown subway and slums entrance and cover both paths. Too small or too much chokepoint, or too linear. Aug shop and Wep shop in Chinatown can be covered by one camper, despite Chinatown being huge, if you include both areas.

Spawnrooms I think should be telespawns in RPG map, maybe some choice of destination, with signs. Should be impossible for enemies to know where the arrival will take place.

I think also where players spawn, there needs to be lots of triggers, giving intro /guide messages. Most players seemed to ignore the public terminals in Hengsha and then ask all the wrong questions.

Return to Deus Ex