Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Mod Idea (I need opinions)

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby synthetic » 31 Jan 2013, 20:59

The size of Spirit is actually rather suitable, I quite like it the way it turned out. Easily one of the better custom maps dx has seen, from players point of view.
Office even larger than it is would've maybe been a bit of a .. stretch. :winknkiss:

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby atrey65789 » 31 Jan 2013, 21:44

I could make a simple mutator in less than 2 minutes that modifys the players' ground speed and scale to make them better sized with the maps.... would that work??

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 31 Jan 2013, 22:21

mPack1.ModifyPlayerSettings already allows player specific changes on the server.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby atrey65789 » 01 Feb 2013, 01:03

Alright cool... then there's one problem down.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby Magus » 01 Feb 2013, 20:30

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:mPack1.ModifyPlayerSettings already allows player specific changes on the server.

Yea, I was thinking from the mapper's standpoint rather than the server admin's...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby anax » 02 Feb 2013, 08:08

[FGS]Kalman wrote:And what will be with players who don't know about this installer and simply try to join the server?

yeah, i'm thinking if a player has no knowledge of the required data whilst outside of Dxmp, then there would be no change to the download of files from within DX itself?

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby atrey65789 » 02 Feb 2013, 18:17

anax wrote:yeah, i'm thinking if a player has no knowledge of the required data whilst outside of Dxmp, then there would be no change to the download of files from within DX itself?

Well, for this situation, I am trying to think of what to do. Some of the texture files are not THAT big. But It still would help to get all of them installed....

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 03 Feb 2013, 18:01

In theory, you can modify packages not to be sent to a joining client. That way, downloads would go to a min.
However, this also avoids the player from joining, if the required packages aren't on the player's machine.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Mod Idea (I need opinions) - Postby atrey65789 » 04 Feb 2013, 02:06

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:In theory, you can modify packages not to be sent to a joining client. That way, downloads would go to a min.
However, this also avoids the player from joining, if the required packages aren't on the player's machine.

Is there any way to use this theory with getting them to join?

Return to Deus Ex