Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP_LAM_Tennis

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Jan 2013, 23:40

Lamwarz is different, you can't see the enemy and you can operate the fence as a door/shutter. Also you can fall under the fence or throw lams under as well. Life expectancy is short of course. Lamwarz is a little small for lams, would be good for a smaller explosion maybe.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby Magus » 31 Jan 2013, 09:35

anax wrote:this is really awesome, i had a similar idea when i was still mapping some months ago to build a map that consisted almost entirely of moveable walls and ramps and suchlike structures. Once i have enough time off from uni coursework i'm gonna start building a map, with movers as 30-60% of the maps scenery.

I'd also considered something of this nature, but ran into a major logistical problem - how the placement and movement of structures would be controlled...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Feb 2013, 12:44

Magus wrote:
anax wrote:this is really awesome, i had a similar idea when i was still mapping some months ago to build a map that consisted almost entirely of moveable walls and ramps and suchlike structures. Once i have enough time off from uni coursework i'm gonna start building a map, with movers as 30-60% of the maps scenery.

I'd also considered something of this nature, but ran into a major logistical problem - how the placement and movement of structures would be controlled...

I did actually take this brief from you and I started to build something which was mainly movers, a giant spaceship interior with movers that need to connect to free up paths, a bit like the temple in that antarctic predator movie but more spacious, like a rubix cube, different combinations of movers will fit and players won't know when things are about to move.

The problem is that you can't attach things like medkits and weapons to movers. (right? lol)

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby Whiplash » 02 Feb 2013, 16:41

It can be done, but I don't know how (whoever made Twinz was able to attach 3 turretguns to a floating platform thing (The Terrror Crafter))

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby Whiplash » 02 Feb 2013, 17:04

I was thinking of two upgrades to a potential remake of this map in the near(ish) future.

• "Binding" the LAMs to the map so that they appear in spite of the Weapon Selector Mutatator
  • Not sure if this can be done but: you know when you're going through the UNATCO training course and the training officer takes your equipment as you move from section to section? I was thinking of trying to set up something like that to take LAMs off players as they run underground (to make sneak attacks using the tunnels more difficult)

Could someone post specifics on either?

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby synthetic » 02 Feb 2013, 18:48

Didnt GODZ have a map like this?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby ~DJ~ » 02 Feb 2013, 20:25

omg stop it guys!

Some maps were common to this, but no one hosts them anymore right? Its like they're lost now, so lets enjoy this map!

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 03 Feb 2013, 09:26

Krisz made Twinz, so it's possible to attach anything to movers (maybe AttachTag works for weapons too)
And in UNATCO training, it takes the equipment with missionscript

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
THC Mario
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: DXMP_LAM_Tennis - Postby THC Mario » 12 Feb 2013, 01:10

How about a room with lots of windows and players have to block the incoming nades with their bodies?

There is no I in suck, only U
>> THC clan <<

Return to Deus Ex