Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Counterstrike server problems

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Counterstrike server problems - Postby TheWolf » 12 Jun 2013, 00:03

As most active players would have noticed, VT server has been down for a long time. I have been busy and have not been able to bring it back up after the server transfer caused by counterstrike's Chicago location closure. I am requesting some help, perhaps someone on here knows what is wrong with the server. I cannot manual connect nor see it in the server list. No settings have been changed after the transfer. Currently my log is 0 bytes and blank after a transfer to different hardware. The problem I found in previous logs were:

Log: Failed to listen: WinSock: binding to port 7790 failed (21230120)
Exit: WinSock shut down
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Dedicated server can't listen: WinSock: binding to port 7790 failed (21230120)
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The requested address is not valid in its context. (10049)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: Listen
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LoadURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: XGameEngineExt::Init
Critical: DDeusExGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/09/13 17:48:26

If anyone could shine some light on a solution I will love you loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg timmmmmmmmeeeee.

Ingame: Sev
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby atrey65789 » 12 Jun 2013, 01:39

Well, as you can see, One of the critical ports that actually makes the server become public is not opening. If you were running the server off of a computer, then you could go into your router settings and open TCP Ports 7790-7792, UCP Ports 7790-7792, and UCP Port 27900.

HOWEVER, If you are paying for the server and it is being run from another location, you will have to be patient and wait for them to perform maintenance on it. I would suggest contacting whoever runs the servers and request maintenance.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby ~DJ~ » 12 Jun 2013, 04:05

Hmm.
Hey, does your commandline have a "?multihome=*" on it? if so, try removing it.
It'd be best if you can do it yourself, else you'll have to contact them and ask them if it is on the commandline and to remove it.

EDIT: That.. or try contacting them to open those ports both in UDP and TCP if they are not open, 7790-7792 and 27900, as atrey said.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby ~Blade~ » 12 Jun 2013, 13:11

That.. or look for a different provider, CS treat you like crap.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby synthetic » 12 Jun 2013, 13:56

They most likely didn't set server up properly; might be ports, like earlier guys stated, or something else.

Best I can suggest is to figure out fastest way to get them to pay attention to you and guide them through setting it up by making sure they have enabled firewall access, opened right ports, and even use the right exe to start the damn server (our Gamingdeluxe thought it was good idea to host our server with ucc.exe).

Just find best way to get in contact and start harassing them until they do something. If they don't do anything, don't support their service and find someone who actually listens to a customer.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Jun 2013, 15:29

That's no problem with port forwarding from what I see.
The server can't even bind on its listen port.
So either the user that's logged in on that system doesn't have permission to bind that port or another programm (possibly another DX server?) is running on that port already.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby TheWolf » 14 Jun 2013, 02:39

I can't get them to do anything. I've been paying for nothing almost. It's been down for that long. If I could i'd switch providers but there are no other providers for North America.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby synthetic » 14 Jun 2013, 09:28

Go through common hosts (i3d, gdl, etc) and check where their servers are located, but I assume you've done as much. Second approach would be to contact other hosts that host for ut99 and negotiate if they might be interested in setting dxmp up. If they are forthcoming, try to arrange a trial period when you can actually test the server quality. UT99 service would be ideal for negotiations, ut2k4 is kind of out there already, old css games might indicate that they wont shun old games, but if all the host has in the list is very new games, then it might be hard to get their support.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby TheWolf » 16 Jun 2013, 23:37

Problem was fixed, when the server was transferred no one had changed the command line ip.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Counterstrike server problems - Postby ~DJ~ » 17 Jun 2013, 08:43

Awwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhh :-D

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....

Return to Deus Ex