Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A source of new players that will surprise you.

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ~Blade~ » 06 Aug 2013, 01:54

Alvind wrote:We just have to accept that there will always be COX like ken and indeed ken is being a COK.

Ken, IF you had brought something to the table such as your own work then all this would be justified yet you bring..........nothing? That's right, nothing. You wan to mock everyone else's dinner yet you bring none of your own. It is people like you that turn communities sour. Notice how everyone always ends up arguing with you over something, that doesn't make you think? Maybe your just not smart enough to figure out.... Wouldn't surprise anyway if your iq limits you to typing buttons on a keyboard and getting nothing back from it. Like a chimp putting the square in the triangle, hopeless.

UH OH, i hope you're prepared to read the book he writes in reply to this.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2013, 08:33

Oh no, Alvin I think you may have misunderstood me, I wasn't *really* against a massive influx of prisoners in DXMP, not at all! All I was saying was that we should also look at opportunities of involving nursery homes, various rehabilitation centers, youth camps, and all kinds of radical groups that could be better integrated with the society through our wonderful servers!

Also, I don't appreciate it if retards address to me by my first name, for you I am Mr Synthetic. Thank you.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby Alvind » 06 Aug 2013, 08:45

And to you I am AlvinD :D

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2013, 08:46

If thats is what makes you smile, I shall call you Alvind, my little friend.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Aug 2013, 16:34

And I call you all ANYBODY because ther is just one true NOBODY! :matrix:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby synthetic » 07 Aug 2013, 06:50

You have no idea how much confusion your name creates in conversations where it pops up #-o Sometimes it results in fairly hilarious misunderstandings.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby Mastakilla » 10 Aug 2013, 14:25

synthetic wrote:You have no idea how much confusion your name creates in conversations where it pops up #-o Sometimes it results in fairly hilarious misunderstandings.

Haha I love reffering people to him

''ask nobody''

or better yet

''ill ask nobody for you''

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Aug 2013, 17:38

Ken your logic is totally FUBAR sir.

You could have the best fps and frame-rate and maps exactly how you like them and you would STILL fail, because...

- the fun issue hasn't been addressed.
- the RPG issue hasn't been addressed, we're still all just spawnkilling in 0-aug maps with no spawnrooms.
- a lot of crap has been removed from the game, mainly items which are useful to beginners or non-riflers.
- The aliasing issue hasn't been addressed and personally this is the biggest issue for me.
- Bullets are only 1/5th of the game, unsuitable maps are hosted.

- People spent years hosting iceworld and stamping that in people's consciousness, spawnkilling and zone lighting, removing what actually is good about DX, the lighting/atmosphere, navigating a cool environment, opportunities for people whose skills lie elsewhere than killing, all of this got removed.

What suggestions do we have for recruiting then, other than "mappers make better maps"?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ~DJ~ » 11 Aug 2013, 08:42

ShadowRunner wrote:- The aliasing issue hasn't been addressed and personally this is the biggest issue for me.

ShadowRunner @ DeusExMultiplayer.freeforums.org - ShoutBox wrote:About aliasing, afaik registration would be the only way to solve that problem, without a major recoding of the game...

In my opinion, it is the most serious problem in DXMP and contributory to many other problems. FT is using registration. I believe the time came long ago when we should be forcing players to play on a level field, even keel and without subtrefuge...

There's trolls in every game, but in DXMP aliasing contributes to serious stuff, proper abuse and even physical damage to computers . I won't argue about it, but anyone protecting their right to alias, should question their need to do it. Aliasing is benefitting more, the deviancy, than the decency in the game...

deleted my reply on your forums from the shoutbox because it doesn't belong here, so I'll be expressing myself here.. :oops:

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offense.. and I'll be against it. It might look like a solution at the starting but.. trust me, it'll cause issues. You forget that there's no 'EIDOS' or some central party or 'GAMESPY' here to manage these. It'll be player-based, and when I say player-based, as you may have guessed it.. this 'Player' will have all the authority. It won't work out.
There's still other flaws that I can come up with but let's keep it short, because that's what you should think about..

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby Psycho » 11 Aug 2013, 10:19

There's a reason Iceworld is played so frequent for so long. People find the non-stop action fun. Crap map, great action.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Aug 2013, 18:38

~DJ~ wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:- The aliasing issue hasn't been addressed and personally this is the biggest issue for me.

ShadowRunner @ DeusExMultiplayer.freeforums.org - ShoutBox wrote:About aliasing, afaik registration would be the only way to solve that problem, without a major recoding of the game...

In my opinion, it is the most serious problem in DXMP and contributory to many other problems. FT is using registration. I believe the time came long ago when we should be forcing players to play on a level field, even keel and without subtrefuge...

There's trolls in every game, but in DXMP aliasing contributes to serious stuff, proper abuse and even physical damage to computers . I won't argue about it, but anyone protecting their right to alias, should question their need to do it. Aliasing is benefitting more, the deviancy, than the decency in the game...

deleted my reply on your forums from the shoutbox because it doesn't belong here, so I'll be expressing myself here.. :oops:

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offense.. and I'll be against it. It might look like a solution at the starting but.. trust me, it'll cause issues. You forget that there's no 'EIDOS' or some central party or 'GAMESPY' here to manage these. It'll be player-based, and when I say player-based, as you may have guessed it.. this 'Player' will have all the authority. It won't work out.
There's still other flaws that I can come up with but let's keep it short, because that's what you should think about..

What "issues" could it possibly cause? So you are saying Face or FT is dumb? I don't think he's dumb, I think he is an ex-professional, in fact he is the only ex-professional here. It's dumb of you not to learn from him?

You're saying... well it won't be perfect, so let's not do it at all. Why are you defending the right to alias?

Sure registration is not a perfect solution, but no offense either DJ, your reply is dumber still.

You might not like it, but you already see how registration is working with the skype group in a way. Registration is already here with FT. If that is what it takes to get a decent game, to close a server and choose who plays, then that is what it takes. Someone bans someone from a server, tough luck, they can visit another or make one themselves.

I don't see what problems registration is going to cause. Aliasing is one reason ppl leave this game. Why defend it? Face is the professionally experienced amongst us, why should I listen to you and not him? I'm all ears.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Aug 2013, 18:55

I spoke with Face last night and he said he realized he should release the registration system for all servers.

DJ seriously your logic is fubar sir. You're basically defending the ability to abuse and troll other players. Why WOULDN'T you want to remove that, by incorporating registration.

What possible harm can registration do to a player in comparison to what possible harm aliased players can do. Your logic is fubar, honestly.

Anyway if this is what it's going to be like, being insulted, hearing illogical bs and people basically defending the right to headshot defenceless beginners, alias on them and troll to their heart's content, then don't blame me if I leave.

You know better than Face huh, guess FT will be a total failure then.

You all had your fun, now you need to realize that A. Beginners need some fun. B. You need to stop aliasing.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Aug 2013, 19:00

DJ, look at ask.fm and read the news about cyber-bullying and how ask.fm is different from every other social media.

DXMP is one of the last places you can do this kind of thing. You need to accept we are in the modern world now, 21st Century, we're not in 1999 when this game was made.

You can fight all you like against registration, but it doesn't make you look very good and there is no possible way you can avoid it, it's going to be mandatory probably in future.

Since people less than 18 play this game, I see no alternative but registration.

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby Psycho » 16 Aug 2013, 19:29

I'd rather avoid the registration thing as it would be a put off to some "old time" players who have returned for a nostalgic game but have been dettered by having to register. Registration isn't the soloution to prevent queers but better admining.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: A source of new players that will surprise you. - Postby Alvind » 16 Aug 2013, 21:29

I don't see what the big deal is about registration. You had to register to post on this forum and every other forum. It's just a simple process that involves your username password and email. How hard can it be to take a few mins out of the plenty of hours that you are going to spend on DXMP. If anything it will let me know when future plates/patches/new things are coming out rather than go to play it only to find out I have to download a big 40mb file out of nowhere for example. You can't admin strangers, that would prove a tad more difficult.

Return to Deus Ex