Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

aug binds..?

Author
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Psycho » 11 Aug 2013, 19:40

Sawed off is ridiculously strong, it's just not fun to use.

RedDynasty
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Portugal

Re: aug binds..? - Postby RedDynasty » 11 Aug 2013, 20:09

But its a risky weapon, because it requires you to be pretty much point blank to kill someone, relying also on stealth( if that still exists)

You're not a gamer until you played this.
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Psycho » 12 Aug 2013, 00:28

RedDynasty wrote:But its a risky weapon, because it requires you to be pretty much point blank to kill someone, relying also on stealth( if that still exists)

Doesn't rely on stealth imo. You can just run up to someone and hit them with it. Hey is begining to get very very good at it

RedDynasty
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Portugal

Re: aug binds..? - Postby RedDynasty » 12 Aug 2013, 01:03

Well in that case what weapon has the most DPS, the OP assault rifle or the sawed off?

You're not a gamer until you played this.
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vexus » 12 Aug 2013, 02:38

I think the sos is op as *love* if you're good with it.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Hey » 12 Aug 2013, 09:51

RedDynasty wrote:Well in that case what weapon has the most DPS, the OP assault rifle or the sawed off?

I think its the AR but its harder to hit head then the assault shotgun imo. Excluding DTS. (One shot head with level 2 low tech).

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 12 Aug 2013, 20:47

Nah, sos is the opposite of OP. If you hit the head dead center from point blank range, it may kill in one shot. But if you fail, you will probably be killed before you can fire a second shot. The assault rifle can kill with 3 shots to the head which only takes a fraction of a second (especially with no recoil).

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 13 Aug 2013, 02:24

After a day of ATDM and 0A I will say competitive DXMP is garbage mainly because everyone uses the same two weapons all the time.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vexus » 13 Aug 2013, 06:54

Poor wrote:After a day of ATDM and 0A I will say competitive DXMP is garbage mainly because everyone uses the same two weapons all the time.

You use the same 3 all the time, too... sos, pistol, sniper.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Hey » 13 Aug 2013, 09:18

Poor wrote:After a day of ATDM and 0A I will say competitive DXMP is garbage mainly because everyone uses the same two weapons all the time.

ATDM you can use Sawed off, knives, LAMs - especially in Silo. Theres also heavy weapons such as Gep and Plasma, even flamethrower, only reason majority use rifles constantly is because its easier to use then knives and fun for everyone, people shelling each other isn't fun at all, same with the Plasma.

Bubba
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Bubba » 13 Aug 2013, 10:03

i gotta relearn to set up the binds. been so long since i messed with the ini

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 14 Aug 2013, 00:39

Vexus wrote:

You use the same 3 all the time, too... sos, pistol, sniper.

I don't have a problem with individuals using their preferred weapons. I do have a problem when everyone's preferred weapons are identical. And yeah, ATDM is a little better than 0A with weapon usage. Seeing Blade pwn assault riflers with a combat knife is pretty awesome.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: aug binds..? - Postby synthetic » 14 Aug 2013, 07:58

0augs forces unnatural game setting without being a fully developed mod - thus, 2 weapons are usually removed (or game would mostly focus on spamming those), and 6+ weapons are useless. Additionally 100% of alternative ammo are removed, along with LAM grendade. Pure servers sometimes remove some or all of the 6+ useless weapons, along with turrets, gas.
This is normal because it is a gametype players made, and not what developers intended. Someone could've made a mod that balances the weapons, but it never happened, and given how it takes Deus Ex out of DXMP I don't particularly care. I have played 30-40 clan wars in 0augs and am a little fearful of the exact amount of gaming hours I might've put into this game over the last 9 years.
0augs is basically played with Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Pistol. To some extent AssaultShotgun may be viable in some specific situations that at the same time can be adjusted for Assault Rifle or Pistol. It is nevertheless used because it *seems* easier than pistol for beginners.
Guide to 0augs
If I play 0augs these days, I explore the possibilities of making use of Shuriken, though. In theory it should be effective, in practice I have never in my life seen anyone use it efficiently enough for it to constitute as a "choice". I also notice that it takes a lot of practice and at this point I cannot reliably hit head with it with every knife. Should that happen, I'd expect it can be used, especially because you can hit the other player without being hit (projectile delay).

In ATDM most weapons are balanced. The gametype suffers from certain conceptual issues that I've analysed in length, but plans are in motion to address those issues eventually.
Weapon Damage Tables.
Player with Combat Knife can deliver 120-130 damage (to head) with one strike. Head without protection has 100 health. 2 strikes vs protection (Ballistic Protection) deliver 142 points of damage.
You see some similar interesting possibilities with other weapons.

Lot of the bland styles and weapon choices in atdm can be attributed to the poor skill level of the players. If you had server full of players that are as good as Ricci, or better, you'd see some interesting developments.

As for HE20 and LAWs, I am quite pissed off by the double standards. People should just host one server that has shells, and one that hasn't got them. End of story. What we generally see about shells is just some nooby whining. Yes, certain styles incorporating that ammunition are *not* impressive, but neither is running around map with assault rifle or dts. The use of such weapons should be decided by admins and not by some kind of peer-pressure that we see in typical ATDM server. "Don't shell until I shell you first". Pffft.

TL;DR: in auged games weapons are balanced, in 0augs there are 3 useful weapons (not saying you cannot actually kill anyone with the rest, somehow) and the reasons why should be obvious even without me writing walls of text. If you want to use more weapons in 0augs, make a proper mod.

For Bubba and the topic, Dani directed my attention to this resource: Key Binding Tool by Veronika.
Being used to making do in this game without additional programs, some features of that tool even struck me as potentially useful, so give it a look.

Return to Deus Ex