Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 23 Dec 2013, 02:06

Please reblog the updates on any forums you wish.

Crashed bomber by Fuhrpark, with the temple by Chees behind.
Me109 is a mover that flies around the map.
Sandbags!
BSP errors fixed or gfx card issues, not sure...

In that time honoured tradition of stealing someone's map and throwing a few single player brushes around the place, here is WW2_Sicily, by Chees, with a bit of lebensraum added for the panzers by me. It's early morning in Sicily, your bomber was shot out of the sky by admin hax and you must fight your way to the air raid shelters or be crushed by Italian tanks, speeding in reverse.

SPAWNS
Thanks to Chinny, all spawns will soon be teleporter spawns with option for air (parachute) or ground destinations. Chinny also is updating WW2_Stalkyard and has provided the artillery mover for WW2_Cathedral and WW2_Templar maps.

BRIGHTNESS
Some of the darkness is unintentional and will be rectified.

SKIN GLITCH
Fixed by Poor along with some other minor glitches.

LAWS
Some laws have been removed and others require 2 picks now.

SCOPE
Enjoy the new (optional) scope. 25% less damage without scope.

GRENADES
Radius and damage have been scaled down

OPEN MAPS/FPS ISSUES
Maps in future will be more like large tunnels/streets that turn, rather than large open spaces, in order to increase fps and reduce line of sight. Fps is in constant development and improving and again we strongly recommend using OpenGL renderer, changeable by pressing Esc>Multiplayer>Settings>Display.

DIE
Die is working on a snow map!

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby atrey65789 » 25 Dec 2013, 18:27

Sand dunes? That would be great for jeeps to be driven around. oh yes.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby [FGS]Chees » 25 Dec 2013, 19:39

Yeah would be great. Would be awesome if we could get some old WW2 bikes and maybe side cart with a little mini gun attached, 2 people drive by type thing going on!?? I would enjoy squashing them in the tank while it blows 20+ of there own sky high in the process :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Dec 2013, 23:30

The BMW R75 - $60.00 - would be awesome for an Indiana Jones map too.

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_deta ... duct=82094

It would be possible to turn the Fuhrpark brush into a sidecar version and convert to mover, possibly.

Yes I guess there are co-op vehicles in dx already with Atrey's helicopters. Gunning was a lot of fun. I imagine the physics of a motorbike are different and maybe more difficult like a plane. Poor's Bradley AFV made from the DXRV model can be added to modern maps or futuristic maps like SG or Hengsha if they fit on the roads.

I imagine the Atreycopter could be reskinned as a spaceship or VSTOL plane like an Osprey. So Black Mesa type map with a lot of canyons would be very cool. So we can add the Bradley's and Atreycopters to larger SG maps.

It will be a landmark to have helicopter/afv/infantry on one team.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Dec 2013, 15:14

A second desert map is nearly finished, using two old WW2 maps re-arranged to provide some hilly terrain and barriers for tanks:

Towns, cities and desert is covered perhaps now, it's beaches, jungles, snow we need now.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Dec 2013, 15:31

Looking good Shadow \:D/

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Dec 2013, 05:43

Really liked your idea Chees, of breakable walls that get hit by tanks and open up new areas for infantry.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby Mastakilla » 30 Dec 2013, 07:27

That skybox though?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Dec 2013, 08:15

What don't you like about the skybox? The fact it's not new? Not being shitty, but people usually liked that skybox. Too bright?

I knocked up a moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-ww2-war

We can start editing the writing and getting it how people want it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jan 2014, 01:31

Sketching out an early morning in Stalingrad... only a couple of buildings in and some temporary zone light...

The boats move, so I will make some breakable and sinkable ones. There will be paint factory, tractor factory, grain elevator and railway yard with burnt out freight carriages and a few other small buildings. Both teams will have boats. Some terrain for tanks.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jan 2014, 06:51

Just for you Chees... here's an update on that update. BMW and sidecar.

Rank 579 of 20,786 Visits 600 (83 today) Last Update16 hours ago

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jan 2014, 20:18

Italy:
(just noticed some window frame damage is missing, will fix that)

Next maps are Chinny's Stalkyard, Chees' Concordia and Die's Remagen and there is one new weapon possibly on the way!

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby Tidus » 14 Jan 2014, 01:19

Nice they look awesome i like desert maps, too bad there arent too many of them around.

But i must say the lightning on the first map is awful.

The second map looks nice but it has some "aladin" style it seems, i dont like those too much but its desertish i guess. So it has that heh (Love the skybox and the night setting though)

Italy just looks like something i expect from you shadow, over complicated without no gravity. No offense i love your maps but they are mostly way too big and way to complicated :bwahaha: maybe its just me but heh :D

Would LOVE to see some ice or snow map from you dude. i wouldnt count "iceworld" as an real ice map because.. no ice xD
im pretty sure you can manage that some snowy terrain with some ice caves? yes thats an request from me to you :D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jan 2014, 17:46

Tidus wrote:Nice they look awesome i like desert maps, too bad there arent too many of them around.

But i must say the lightning on the first map is awful.

The second map looks nice but it has some "aladin" style it seems, i dont like those too much but its desertish i guess. So it has that heh (Love the skybox and the night setting though).

Totally agree, I was asked to make a day map, but I don't think it is suited to Concordia, Chees wants the original lighting back, so don't worry.

Italy just looks like something i expect from you shadow, over complicated without no gravity. No offense i love your maps but they are mostly way too big and way to complicated :bwahaha: maybe its just me but heh :D

Look again, Italy and Stalkyard are the 2 smallest WW2 maps. There's no room even for 1 tank in either map.

they are mostly way too big

I was asked to provide big maps for tanks to be able to battle on. My other mapping has got much smaller, no bigger than Smuggler or Prodigy. No matter what you say, I will never makes map like Stalkyard, Pacman, Iceworld, Snow, Pool etc, without spawnrooms. Those maps would benefit from teleporter spawnrooms, Iceworld too. The finished WW2 will honestly vary in map size, just the biggest ones were hosted first. Tanks need lebensraum?

If you look now, ATDM maps are popular. Majestic is a good example of the largest a fight map should be, maps like Stalkyard and Pool are useless for atdm, so I don't see point in making them. Same for WW2 sized maps, it was only for the vehicles.

Would LOVE to see some ice or snow map from you dude. i wouldnt count "iceworld" as an real ice map because.. no ice xD im pretty sure you can manage that some snowy terrain with some ice caves? yes thats an request from me to you :D
[/quote]
breakables are easy in DXMP, so it's possible. I don't have the skill to make it snow though. The problem with snow textures is the sound. I can get the look right, but I might need some help on getting the footprints sounding like snow.

Face is building Antarctica, I tested the rough design, it won't disappoint you. Thanks for the feedback and gladly I can say we are changing all that you don't like, but the WW2 maps will vary in size from huge tank battle, to Italy/Stalkyard size.

My fight maps this year will not be any bigger than smuggler or Prodigy.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: WW2 Desert Map / Coding Updates - Postby Tidus » 14 Jan 2014, 20:03

ShadowRunner wrote:Look again, Italy and Stalkyard are the 2 smallest WW2 maps. There's no room even for 1 tank in either map.

From the pictures you posted here it doesnt seem too big thats right but all the broken buildings tend to have some underground area where you can walk in and come from whatever corner. When its not the case they look fine to me. Can you drive a tank there and pewpew people?

I was asked to provide big maps for tanks to be able to battle on. My other mapping has got much smaller, no bigger than Smuggler or Prodigy. No matter what you say, I will never makes map like Stalkyard, Pacman, Iceworld, Snow, Pool etc, without spawnrooms. Those maps would benefit from teleporter spawnrooms, Iceworld too. The finished WW2 will honestly vary in map size, just the biggest ones were hosted first. Tanks need lebensraum?

If you look now, ATDM maps are popular. Majestic is a good example of the largest a fight map should be, maps like Stalkyard and Pool are useless for atdm, so I don't see point in making them. Same for WW2 sized maps, it was only for the vehicles.

Well i was thinking about some older maps you done which are awesome as hell but way too big for Multiplayer (atleast for like 4-8 people). Remember flight the plane? yea those ones :)

breakables are easy in DXMP, so it's possible. I don't have the skill to make it snow though. The problem with snow textures is the sound. I can get the look right, but I might need some help on getting the footprints sounding like snow.

Face is building Antarctica, I tested the rough design, it won't disappoint you. Thanks for the feedback and gladly I can say we are changing all that you don't like, but the WW2 maps will vary in size from huge tank battle, to Italy/Stalkyard size.

Well alot of stuff actually came from other games like tnag from unreal tournament and i saw counter strike weapons around too with the actual shooting sound from counter strike so why dont just use the snow footprint sound from counter strike? that one actually sounds really good like you walking in deep snow. love that sound.
When i look back at "the nameless mod" they had rain so snow would be totaly possible i guess. I dont know how to do that but it wouldnt be a problem when its not snowing, just a snow map is fine too :)

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Return to Deus Ex