Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Possibility of FGS warring?

Author
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Psycho » 01 Jan 2014, 19:44

[FGS]Chees wrote:Some of you annoy me tbh. Mappers work on projects and they are swept aside by people who play with augs, without even giving the maps a chance and testing with the option to change the map to suit both augs and non augs and lack the ability to come to a conclusion in a forum based map discussion. 'Things players would like changed on both game types' only non aug players seem to give feed back. Apart from Chinny over the past few months it seems like your letting only one mapper in to the aug world of Deus Ex AND BLOCKING EVERYONE ELSE. Default maps and a few random maps is like an Iceworld hold on 0-augs, most players are sick of same old same old. Just my opinion tbh and don't want to start an argument.

This is Deus Ex, a dieing game with few players. Work together in game, in forum and map discussions and in editing to bring all players maps they enjoy on both levels of game type. Not rocket science! The lack of communication between players and editors is ridiculous!!! ](*,)

2014 is here! Lets have a resolution to the problems and not repeat the same pathetic announcement topics and points we all know of and fix the issues.
Or is this catch 22 2014.

Not many auggers post here tbf

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 01 Jan 2014, 20:56

ik!!

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 01 Jan 2014, 23:29

synthetic wrote:Match server should have latest miniMTL233a2 (not sure if released, was patched yesterday due to crash bug), MTL of course. Don't really care if it has Nephthys or not (unless someone wants to crash our war ;) ). Because there are Gaming Deluxe servers around, we should use one of those for performance.

While it would be easy to use Hivemind server that has all of these things covered, I am just listing necessary requirements for any match server that both parties can agree upon. Blade for example does not host proper speedhack fixes, so it is very easy to cheat in his server. In our server all simpler cheats are effectively blocked. Nobody can fast fire speedhack unless they set up separate cheat programs, in which case we will notice it, if not from anywhere else then from server log.

With MTL+miniMTL233a2 all common cheats are fixed, nobody will be shooting faster unless they are hardcore cheaters. Hivemind does not allow cheating in our clan and I am sure neither does FGS.

I know FGS *used to have* people that wanted to play clan wars. Find those people and don't let them move to other games due to clan inactivity. Because FGS is not experienced in classic DXMP we will not force your hand into playing it, we will be ok with 0augs and hope to see many more of you in our public ADM and ATDM games :)

Once you have shown enough organisatory capacity to arrange 0aug match, we will consider playing DXAG match with you as a bonus extra (even though 90% of active Hivemind has probably never seen this mod). Because of difficulties finding decent releases and setting up server with decent DXAG maps (i presume?) it'll take longer to organize than 0a match that simply depends on your ability to communicate with your members.

As a side note, I do not intend to play in the clan war, and will prefer that a greener hivemind member has my place. Similar arrangements may be made regarding other lineup slots depending on who is available during the suggested date.

For now, I suggest this Saturday. I am fairly certain FGS will not be able to find your preferred lineup by this date, but let it serve as a motivation.

Initial suggestions:

Date: this Saturday, 4th of January, 2014
Date: Time 4PM UK Time (or later same day if feedback comes in)
Server: Hivemind anti-cheat server (16slot gamingdeluxe); or any gamingdeluxe with patched miniMTL233a2 & MTL
Teams: 4v4 or higher (6v6 may be doable if both clans really try, 3v3 is clanwar already)
Maps: Any maps from our 0a list; or classic selection

Match details page bump.

Additional:

Conditions: "standard" 0a, 20 minute per map, 3 maps, 2 out of 3 wins or 3rd is played in case of draw.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 02 Jan 2014, 09:58

I'll be on my way to Sydney at the time of the event but I'll have 4 hours to transfer in Dubai during which if I manage to find a stable wireless connection, I could possibly join the game from my mac. It'd be great if it worked out but don't count on me just yet lol.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby machete » 02 Jan 2014, 14:14

Well I'm gonna be there no matter who else is or isn't. :D

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 03 Jan 2014, 07:17

From what I see there will be enough of our guys online at that time. I will play only of my clan needs extra player and has nobody else available, but I don't think that'll happen.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby DaniSaggenza » 03 Jan 2014, 13:50

If finally this war is played, I guess I will play.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Jan 2014, 16:06

If the weather is bad, I will be available, if not I will be cutting a hedge until late afternoon.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 04 Jan 2014, 17:53

8 minutes until match. bump.

because we didn't discuss maps, only 0aug maps upped right now are classics + pool_retex, iceworld, spirit, dryd0ck. we'll let FGS choose if enough of your guys show up.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 04 Jan 2014, 18:26

MastaKilla and Chees showed up, rest of you.. :-k

still got time to show up, match starts when something in the order of 4 are present, 3 does too but is kinda shame.

edit: Nobody came to server, FGS has 3 guys. Try find time to hop in to make it 4 or 5

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 04 Jan 2014, 18:39

NOBODY IS THERE LOL!

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 04 Jan 2014, 18:41

Ehh, password?? 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 04 Jan 2014, 19:29

4 vs 4 Clan Match is Live from 17:20 UTC, on DXMP_Smuggler

Khaamilus
Nobody
MastaKilla
Chees

vs

Kiki
AjiT
Killer
Clix0r

First map is 8 minutes played, you have time to show up for second (third) map. I PM password if i see you online

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jan 2014, 19:54

synthetic wrote:MastaKilla and Chees showed up, rest of you.. :-k

still got time to show up, match starts when something in the order of 4 are present, 3 does too but is kinda shame.

edit: Nobody came to server, FGS has 3 guys. Try find time to hop in to make it 4 or 5

KINDA HARD TO "SHOW UP" AT A PASSWORDED SERVER!

Have tried to join, have no receipt of any password from anyone. The match was kinda short notice too, during the week.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Cozmo » 04 Jan 2014, 20:56

Aw what. So people contact me when they need coding but not when a potential game's on? :-({|=

Oh well, good luck to anyone taking part! Any clan game is a huge success for the community at this point

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.

Return to Deus Ex