Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Mastakilla » 09 Jan 2014, 21:09

Saturday ATDM?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jan 2014, 02:23

It can be expected as an attack on classic dxmp, possibly with the intent of promoting some garbage mod

Let me tell you something about Ste aka Hydro.

Ste wouldn't stoop to this level. Ste wouldn't be shit-talking custom mods. Ste in fact tried to map for Poor before he was too ill. You're only shit-talking custom because there is no 0-aug to complain about. Ste had more brains than to accuse us custom people of "garbage" or DDos. Ste was a better person than this and so is Poor in my opinion.

Poor creates augs, what does your shoutbox create for atdm there, except shit-talk and division in the community? Your shoutbox is such a lie. Who else makes augs? You're gonna accuse the ONLY person to have made full augs since 2002?

When you write stupid, stupid, stupid stuff like this Ken, Ste's loss is all the more even greater and you prove yourself unworthy of fighting. No possibility of warring from me, sorry. Ste was a far better player, he could map and fight and he always had time to support other gametypes and their mappers, I never heard him talking about my colleagues, work or mod like that.

The truth is this attack could have come from anywhere and for any reason, the truth is, you don't know the reason, so basically your post is a lie, because it is not actually telling the truth. Poor and I have enough brains to find new players rather than steal players. Carry on believing we hate you and are plotting against you, hacking your server with DDos. You are more than stupid.

Is a bit strange since FGS turn up to clan war on your terms, atdm and you want a second war, but you're happy to shit-talk anything that isn't atdm and happy not to war on altfire either. Sounds really like a brave man yes.

I personally have never shit-talked atdm and I have always tried to respect it and play it.

So if I am correct, your support for the custom community is in fact, to accuse it of attacking you?

You're trying to make others believe that custom people would do bad things to you, to promote the WW2 mod. Every time Poor and I release something, it gets shit-talked, then six months later you're all begging for it. But this is a new low for you Ken, to incite the feeling in others that we have done something to you, or that we are anything but interested in keeping atdm alive.

This is the only thing we have done to promote WW2, it wasn't mentioned in the newsletter but you can download the wep package and read about the mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-ww2-war

Your accusations are all the more ridiculous since Poor is the FIRST person in ten years to create a full aug package. I hope atdm survives, but will have no sympathy if it dies, because you are too arrogant to work people, you'd rather make a war against any custom work you don't personally approve of, but you have stooped to a dishonest level to do it, that is the real truth is it not?

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby machete » 10 Jan 2014, 05:12

ShadowRunner wrote:Image

It can be expected as an attack on classic dxmp, possibly with the intent of promoting some garbage mod

Let me tell you something about Ste aka Hydro.

Ste wouldn't stoop to this level. Ste wouldn't be shit-talking custom mods. Ste in fact tried to map for Poor before he was too ill. You're only shit-talking custom because there is no 0-aug to complain about. Ste had more brains than to accuse us custom people of "garbage" or DDos. Ste was a better person than this and so is Poor in my opinion.

Poor creates augs, what does your shoutbox create for atdm there, except shit-talk and division in the community? Your shoutbox is such a lie. Who else makes augs? You're gonna accuse the ONLY person to have made full augs since 2002?

When you write stupid, stupid, stupid stuff like this Ken, Ste's loss is all the more even greater and you prove yourself unworthy of fighting. No possibility of warring from me, sorry. Ste was a far better player, he could map and fight and he always had time to support other gametypes and their mappers, I never heard him talking about my colleagues, work or mod like that.

The truth is this attack could have come from anywhere and for any reason, the truth is, you don't know the reason, so basically your post is a lie, because it is not actually telling the truth. Poor and I have enough brains to find new players rather than steal players. Carry on believing we hate you and are plotting against you, hacking your server with DDos. You are more than stupid.

Is a bit strange since FGS turn up to clan war on your terms, atdm and you want a second war, but you're happy to shit-talk anything that isn't atdm and happy not to war on altfire either. Sounds really like a brave man yes.

I personally have never shit-talked atdm and I have always tried to respect it and play it.

So if I am correct, your support for the custom community is in fact, to accuse it of attacking you?

You're trying to make others believe that custom people would do bad things to you, to promote the WW2 mod. Every time Poor and I release something, it gets shit-talked, then six months later you're all begging for it. But this is a new low for you Ken, to incite the feeling in others that we have done something to you, or that we are anything but interested in keeping atdm alive.

This is the only thing we have done to promote WW2, it wasn't mentioned in the newsletter but you can download the wep package and read about the mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-ww2-war

Your accusations are all the more ridiculous since Poor is the FIRST person in ten years to create a full aug package. I hope atdm survives, but will have no sympathy if it dies, because you are too arrogant to work people, you'd rather make a war against any custom work you don't personally approve of, but you have stooped to a dishonest level to do it, that is the real truth is it not?

Rewind a bit. How did you manage to get a rant out of that, seemingly innocuous, statement?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Poor » 10 Jan 2014, 06:21

Several members of HVM have recently been falsely accusing me of various things including crashing their server, lowering their FPS, and get this: EMPing them without being on the server:

I also want to mention something, me and my brother, Liquid, were on the server "Hivemind ATDM" and we were in mid fight, no one was in the server from what we remembered, just me and him, out of nowhere, we were both EMP'd, now i'm thinking this may've the Drone, when you click your shoot button, it obviously emits an Electromagnetic Pulse, therefore, Poor may've done this twice.. now I don't know whether this is going to be fixed or not, but something has to be done about these weird occuring things.

That and the fact that the WW2 mod is the only new mod being hosted, it is clear that Ken is referring to me and the WW2 mod.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 12:39

Poor wrote:Several members of HVM have recently been falsely accusing me of various things including crashing their server, lowering their FPS, and get this: EMPing them without being on the server:

I also want to mention something, me and my brother, Liquid, were on the server "Hivemind ATDM" and we were in mid fight, no one was in the server from what we remembered, just me and him, out of nowhere, we were both EMP'd, now i'm thinking this may've the Drone, when you click your shoot button, it obviously emits an Electromagnetic Pulse, therefore, Poor may've done this twice.. now I don't know whether this is going to be fixed or not, but something has to be done about these weird occuring things.

That and the fact that the WW2 mod is the only new mod being hosted, it is clear that Ken is referring to me and the WW2 mod.

You spawned 100 drones (or specify your own amount) into our public server, creating confusion and undermining the game activity with such a display of its vulnerabilities. And then you have guts to blame our guys for attributing other issues to your name? My comment was made carelessly and I did not particularly care for specific names behind it, most coders in dxmp do not code for the game but for their own personal fun projects, but not everybody has as much control over themselves as Nobody. You with your WW mod are not the only coder in this game, even if you are one of the many that has not had enough self-control to not try out hax in servers you don't host for the specific purpose.

machete wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:Image

Rewind a bit. How did you manage to get a rant out of that, seemingly innocuous, statement?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

You haven't dealt with SR enough. He manages to get a rant out of anything. Our very own DXMP drama queen.

I made a very loose comment about speculations drawn from past experience with such attacks as well as being based on the pattern that one can see with these attacks, and all of a sudden here you have SR twisting and warping my words to the best of his ability.

Can some mod PLEASE clear the metabolic end product out of this thread, so we can focus on games??

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 12:50

Mastakilla wrote:Saturday ATDM?

Ehh, the names we are discussing in the thread are mostly 0augers, so a rematch in 0a was the subject of discussion. I don't think our clans have too big experience gap in atdm so we could definitely try match there too.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Mastakilla » 10 Jan 2014, 14:07

synthetic wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:Saturday ATDM?

Ehh, the names we are discussing in the thread are mostly 0augers, so a rematch in 0a was the subject of discussion. I don't think our clans have too big experience gap in atdm so we could definitely try match there too.

It's because people were responding to your ATDM training offer, I thought :-)

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 15:53

edit, moving atdm training discussion to separate thread

Who is available for rematch tomorrow? Evening Saturday (tomorrow) will work for Cozmo, NoName, Majster, Khaamilus, MatsaNicky etc?

I guess its ok if not all of your top players can show up, but we could try to put together big game. I know that AjiT from our clan wont be available, but should still have Kiki, Killer, myself, probably Machete and Clixor, maybe Sile. We lost Dani and Solid to new clan called BB, and they have some 3 members already, so those two wont be playing ofc

Leeets discusss! (and ignore SR, hell calm down soon enough)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jan 2014, 16:34

I have not twisted anyone's words, they are screenshotted for all to see.

I don't care your problems with Poor, but your snide insinuations and remarks constantly about mappers and modders oversteps the mark, you aren't creating harmony in the community, but in fact creating division and forcing me to take sides in all of this. The remarks about custom mods is unfortunate and shows your true feelings. It feels dishonest, since I have done nothing to deter people from atdm, you're simply kicking up rivalry between two different gametypes, when in fact your issues are with one person and you're treating that one person like an enemy to you, when in fact he is the only modder to have made a full aug sets. What you say Ken is sometimes really dishonest or unhelpful to yourself, as much as it annoys me.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 18:02

Apparently NoName cannot play as his laptop is broken, but hopefully Khaam can get Majster for tomorrow? Also, who has Cozmo's contact - he was pretty clear about wanting to play the match last time. I'd have to contact through Sonny because I almost never see him on Skype.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Poor » 10 Jan 2014, 18:34

synthetic wrote:You spawned 100 drones (or specify your own amount) into our public server, creating confusion and undermining the game activity with such a display of its vulnerabilities. And then you have guts to blame our guys for attributing other issues to your name?

I spawned a dozen (not 100) drones near the ceiling in the third spawnroom in smuggler. It took a while for someone to discover them. The response of your clan members was along the lines of "lol rofl", not "omg confusion and undermining!" You spoke to me about it and I agreed to never do it again and told you about how I planned on improving the security in Deus Ex. We were on good terms then and I never spoke to you with disrespect so it surprises me how disrespectful you have been to me, accusing me of ddosing your server and calling my mod garbage (and insulting others who worked on the mod). I'm one of the few people trying to improve Deus Ex and you are spreading rumors that I am out to ruin it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jan 2014, 18:42

I agree, Ken you are taking this out of proportion. Other security-minded coders enter servers and test things, RG, DJ, Nobody have all done it. But you guys mention "garbage" and suggest WW2 mod is promoting itself by DDos attacks, that is not true and it's totally stupid of you guys to drag custom work, WW2 mod or anyone else into this.

WW2 was designed to offer something to people when other servers are empty. It is a problem that sometimes all servers are empty. If people know they can visit something like cagematch or WW2, Cozmo RPG or Hengsha, it means that people are more likely to go online and this is not just Poor's thinking, but Cozmo has initially started this no-admin type of server, where you don't necessarily need other players.

It is here to stay, people WILL promote these no-admin playerless mods, atdm servers will go quiet when new stuff is released and ppl try it out, I suggest you stop pissing your panties every time a mod comes out. How far will you go, as far as Deja? You need to change your mentality to one that is positive and focuses on getting new players, not lecturing existing players on what we should or should not be playing. You still don't seem to understand, Poor is the only person to have made full augs in the last ten years, but your clan is turning this into custom v classic and none of us want that, it's cowardly of you to sit there and insinuate that my project is promoting itself by Ddos attacks on classic dxmp.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 20:36

Poor wrote:
synthetic wrote:You spawned 100 drones (or specify your own amount) into our public server, creating confusion and undermining the game activity with such a display of its vulnerabilities. And then you have guts to blame our guys for attributing other issues to your name?

I spawned a dozen (not 100) drones near the ceiling in the third spawnroom in smuggler. It took a while for someone to discover them. The response of your clan members was along the lines of "lol rofl", not "omg confusion and undermining!" You spoke to me about it and I agreed to never do it again and told you about how I planned on improving the security in Deus Ex. We were on good terms then and I never spoke to you with disrespect so it surprises me how disrespectful you have been to me, accusing me of ddosing your server and calling my mod garbage (and insulting others who worked on the mod). I'm one of the few people trying to improve Deus Ex and you are spreading rumors that I am out to ruin it.

Show me precisely WHERE I accused YOU of ddosing us? I dare you to show evidence.

Although many consider unannounced and public vulnerability tests a bad form and you've pissed off perhaps more people than you realize, I did not think for a moment that you in person might go as far as ddosing servers. So that makes me wonder why are you addressing me with this bs? Do not put words in my mouth that were never said, or you'll be just as bad as our drama queen here.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby Poor » 11 Jan 2014, 03:41

synthetic wrote:Show me precisely WHERE I accused YOU of ddosing us? I dare you to show evidence.

Although many consider unannounced and public vulnerability tests a bad form and you've pissed off perhaps more people than you realize, I did not think for a moment that you in person might go as far as ddosing servers. So that makes me wonder why are you addressing me with this bs? Do not put words in my mouth that were never said, or you'll be just as bad as our drama queen here.

You comment was not subtle. After all the accusations against me, and your belief that the motive behind the attacks is "promoting some garbage mod", it's clear that the comment was directed towards me. As seen from the screenshot, Solid got this impression as well. I know you saw what he wrote. You could have said "Oh, I didn't mean Poor and the WW2 mod" but you didn't. So call me cynical but I don't believe you.

But moving past that, if HVM is convinced that I'm not the bad man hacking their fps or trying to ruin their games, then I hope we can continue to enjoy playing the game together.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Possibility of FGS warring? - Postby anax » 11 Jan 2014, 07:36

not siding with anyone here as the specifics and bs of dx drama is beyond my care atm.

But if you are going to spawn crap in a SERVER YOU DO NOT OWN to test things then you should be thinking twice, perhaps more than twice.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!

Return to Deus Ex