FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion)

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 15:56

Mastakilla wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:Saturday ATDM?

Ehh, the names we are discussing in the thread are mostly 0augers, so a rematch in 0a was the subject of discussion. I don't think our clans have too big experience gap in atdm so we could definitely try match there too.

It's because people were responding to your ATDM training offer, I thought :-)

Well how many of guys here are interested in atdm practice? We can set up separate time. Most or half of the game would be explaining and tips and specific strategies anyway so its not really a scrim by any margin. Some beginner augers from hivemind may or may not be present, im focusing on FGS with the offer.

I know Cozmo is actually one of your more advanced augers along with Khaamilus, both of them may show up but don't necessarily need basic training. Im more interested in those who haven't gotten proper start yet or feel insecure in augs. Could maybe arrange it to some odd time today evening or saturday before or after the match sometime, or to sunday. Would appreciate some FGS feedback though.

Who is interested and what time you think you might be good to play? We'll put password on for at least some part of the games.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jan 2014, 16:36

I'm not interested to play with you Ken, I feel as if I can not trust you, after reading your shoutbox. I've done nothing but try to help you, DXMP_Majestic was in fact my suggestion long ago, I've never had anything but support for you, yet here you are full of opinion and insult for my mod.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 18:00

You have been backstabbing me and lashing out for no reason since 2005, you lost my respect when you talked metabolic end product about me to DZ in 2005. This thread is for those FGS who are interested in getting better, so keep off topic bs in designated threads.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jan 2014, 18:56

Actually I think my clan might agree that you can't spread lies that we are ddossing you and then ignore it.

Wow that is a revelation. Backstabbing you eh? I suppose you think people will believe this, as well as DDos attacks on you?

You lost my respect more recently in fact, I didn't really understand the issues with Unknown, but you sound more and more like Deja Vu, every single day that you play this game, you sound more and more like Deja Vu, far too opinionated on what is quality and what isn't and far too opinionated on what custom work is good and what isn't it, you've become manipulative, dishonest, autocratic and now you have become despotic, lying about people who meant you and classic dxmp no harm, carried out no DDos attack.

You understand that when your clan dissed Hengsha, you dissed 40 people and by dissing WW2, you dissed Chinny's work, Mainmain's, Pedro's, mine, Chees' work, in total about 10 people just got dissed and accused of Ddos, including several FGS members.

I don't recall saying anything about you to DZ, but I do recall DZ often contacting me during disputes and lecturing advice, same as you did and I was grateful to you both. I don't regret anything said to either of you, because I don't remember. My only regret in DXMP is with leaving FGS and also Alex himself, it wasn't worth the aggravation, since it all began over a stupid newb called HDD. No disrespect to Jake, but it would have been better for the community to have Alex around than Jake. You have to admit, these days you are pretty scathing of my work and I take a fair amount of abuse for someone who has hardly ever banned anyone, never attacked or cheated and in my mapping work, I've included other mappers, always tried to share new code with other mappers and I don't go around falsely accusing classic dxmp of anything either.

It disappoints me the many metabolic end product I've had to put up with Hengsha and with WW2 and you don't realize how you are shooting yourself in the foot, to not just co-exist with custom work, it's better to keep your mouth shut than lie in public about our promotion.

the only thing besides lying, that annoys me is that you laughed when a beginner banned himself for teamkilling. You guys would rather moan about mods stealing potential players, instead of fixing up atdm to be more beginner friendly. You've become like Deja Vu (sorry Deja), but it's true, you're hostile over something a newb said in 2005? I dDos you? GTFO.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby synthetic » 10 Jan 2014, 20:34

Lets get this very clear between FGS and myself, your delusions excluded: I *never* anywhere stated (nor considered) that an FGS member might be ddosing us. This would be *your* lie, and all your screenshots show the same to anyone with more than half a braincell. Couple people already asked what SR is ranting about as I never even mentioned Poor or FGS lol.

I also suspect that even your clan members have gotten used to your tantrums so we can indeed ignore it and carry on with practice and match discussions ;-)

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby Fear » 11 Jan 2014, 00:44

I'm actually laughing reading this topic, i'll try my best to avoid the clear cut insults since this horrid guy has done enough to warrant me using some, but Rollo, i wouldn't even waste the finger muscles typing back to this corrupted, two-faced, egotistical (yet applaudingly clever) infection roaming the DXMP community, the absolute no.1 wolf in sheeps clothing but a damn good one at that.

The influence this guy has on people and changes within something is uncanny, if anybody in FGS actually has an interest in ATDM then by all means, go practice and best of luck with it, but don't start these discussions JUST BECAUSE this guy brings it up, he has this worrying need to try and enforce anything and everything he can, and 9 times out of 10 it seems to go the way he wants it to (half of the popular servers anyone?), there's alot of people who will never be any the wiser to it all but some are, and quite respected members of the community too which is a positive.

Boy did it feel good to leave that big mistake known as HVM, simply for the fact that you were in and i could see what you were doing during the last few weeks... provoking me without reason in topics and in-game due to this severe level of paranoia you have, i should have collected the events as screenshots i guess, heck its even being repeated here, holding something against Rollo from 2005, you did the EXACT same thing to me during my run in HVM and probably don't even realise it, such a bitter schemer, i literally despise you, good riddance to the game as long as your part of it to be honest.

FGS, do your own thing, if i can offer some really smart advice, avoid anything Ken related at all costs.

On a final note...

Contradiction
con·tra·dic·tion
[kon-truh-dik-shuhn]
noun
1. the act of contradicting; gainsaying or opposition.
2. assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.
3. a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.
4. direct opposition between things compared; inconsistency.
5. a contradictory act, fact, etc.

2004-2014
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby TheWolf » 11 Jan 2014, 04:26

So let me get this straight. You're only offering this to fgs members.

Ingame: Sev
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby synthetic » 11 Jan 2014, 11:39

Doesn't really matter if FGS or not, but these here are FGS forums so the core offer was meant for this clan here. I try to teach individual newcomers and less experienced players in the server anyway, as time and energy permit. With SR throwing a tantrum and some male sex organ ddosing our server I am more than willing to forget about the offer and get at least our rematch sorted out, though. Abundant feedback is an encouragement too, as always.

edit:

In a nutshell, in atdm you want to get easy kills and avoid dying (top 0augers play 0a same way but in atdm its essential).

You spawn, and immediately assess the situation with your team, with your opponents team, as well as come up with some idea to get first frag befitting the specific map you spawned up. It needs to be as opportunistic and reliable as possible, such as shooting a gep rocket up a respawned opponents butt, shelling some cluster of enemies that is unlikely to have ADS, throwing LAM into barrel, plant-sniping it or just carefully throwing it predicting enemy movement. Or, in short, you need to get a very easy and fast kill in a situation completely favourable to you. If you are very confident in your rifling supremacy, that indeed is an option just as long as you know your enemy is weaker. There are MANY ways to accomplish this, but no time to try everything. Game is fast paced and enemy will streak fast, pushing towards your team or towards free goodies.

Having emphasised the importance of first frag(s), treat every death carefully, adjusting your battle plan. Each and every death needs a quick analysis because you basically start all over with your skill and aug progress. If you constantly respawn with pistol and same augs and run down the same corridor, you are playing it wrong intentionally, and cannot later complain about score. You *can* play such mindless strats too, but it better work out somewhat or your entire team will suffer.

Don't die. Look at your bio drains, available biocells and medkits, adjust your aug usage according to results, but don't die. Run away, behind team mate or jump to some doorway above, but don't fight a loosing battle. Your upgrades mean that PURE SKILL wise you may be weaker than some or many opponents, but your UPGRADES make you 2x stronger or 3x stronger, or perhaps near immortal if your survivability skills are better than aim and reflexes. You do not want to give this advantage away. In 0augs if you have worse reflexes than your enemy, your basically screwed. In atdm the enemy can have better reflexes and aim, but you heal 90 pts per medkit (vs 30 pts respawned dude) and can assault rifle from long-to-medium distance while your opponent doesn't hit for metabolic end product from medium and has to get very close; plus the actual weapon damage difference. You do more damage with your weapons than the less upgraded enemy. These are all delicious advantages and you really do not want to die.

You will need to know all free goodies on all played maps, especially biocells and medkits, but you'll regret it if you don't know where multitools and lockpicks are, or LAMs. Likewise, if you know the strategical importance of certain map locations, you can aim your traps and strategies for that specific location, ie throwing LAM on that Silo rooftop when your opponent goes for free lam pickup. Or LAW it, by all means.

Small summary of some basics.

1. Be confident in your ability to outsmart the enemy and get a very simple kill for upgrading your character

2. Don't die

3. Know where goodies are on map, and hunt your opponent towards those items (predict their plans); keep 3-5 medkits and biocells at all times when significantly upgraded

4. Every death is game over, you start building your character from scratch, and situation on the map may have changed; go back to point 1)

edit 2: basics about augs - augs do stuff, you need to know what they do. Maybe you remember something from SP, maybe you dont.
Bally absorbs 40% of damage, targeting increases damage less than bally absorbs, so generally Bally is your all-around aug and targ is very specific strat style. Only advanced players should use Targeting, and even then they risk their streak, always.
Cloak does not make you invisible.
That said, Vision should be used only by advanced players due to its bio drain, drawbacks, and aggressive gameplay requirement.

Enemy can HEAR your cloak, HEAR your footsteps, HEAR your other augs ie ADS, SEE you on crosshairs, SEE your shield augs on hit, SEE you with vision aug to a certain distance (limited), and even GUESS where you are going by getting a random headshot in. And all the while you cannot shoot the enemy back. It is *still* far easier aug than vision that drains lot of bio and reqs lot of micromanagement. If you are not confident in your aggressive weapon skills, always go cloak, but learn how to fool your enemy. In spite of all the detection methods listed, it is not very easy to track the movement of a clever cloaker or even find him on a very large map.

Energy Shield is a vital aug. It absorbs most other damage that Bally doesn't.

Lowtech, Targeting, PowerRecirc, Pistol styles and usage are largely extinct due to difficulty of using them. People complaining about shells is bs so you can safely ignore it, but bear in mind that you need other weapon skill experience too, or ads builds will mess you up fast. I mention these styles because it gives you an opportunity to learn a unique style not often seen in rifle tanking scene. If you are dying a lot you are probably doing something wrong, as previously said you need to take every death seriously and adjust your strategy. Most often you can figure out what you did wrong, and can attempt to improve in next such situation.

edit 3: skill upgrades.

Like previously stated, you need easy kill. Maybe map favours lockpicking and allows you to get bunch of lams and biocells, or maybe its he20 in multitool-able box. Or if you go for pure weapon skill, think how you will get your health and bio up after first frag. If you max weapon skill after first kill, where are you going to get bio, medkits? Are you going to heal 30 pts, 60 pts, or even 90 pts after first kill? If you have free source of biocells and medkits nearby (a la smuggler, smuggles2), indeed maxing weapon skill may be good idea. If you are on silo and max weapon skill, you better ask your friend to open some bio for you, or you are in all likelihood screwed.

Remember that bio ticks back to some 25%. If nothing else helps, medbot, grab extra kit if possible, and let bio tick to max 25% before engaging a fight. Of course, you won't want to fight such a fight with Speed Enhancement or Vision running.

You want to do some damage to enemy but upgrade your skills as much or perhaps even more towards survivability. Your weapon skills mean nothing if you are out of bio and health. You *can* fight with L1 unupgraded weapons, and few players even rifle this way, esp with assault shotgun. DTS needs 2 hits to head (2x5) to kill unupgraded vs Bally enemy, upgrade it once and a single hit kills.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby Fear » 11 Jan 2014, 15:38

paha, ah just a bit of truth to the topic rather than something abundant, like always, this time last year half your clan left because of you, its no wonder to most why, enjoy your essay writing, I suppose you taking the time to read your posts through counts as somebody reading them.

2004-2014
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby synthetic » 11 Jan 2014, 16:00

You got in the clan because I had a blonde moment. You got out of the clan because you're a whiny bitch. There is nothing complicated about it. I don't like people that blame everybody else for their own failure.

Regardless, the information is just some basics I threw in there. One could even sum it up even more briefly: enter server, look around, get easy kills, don't die. All else is just practice.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby TheWolf » 11 Jan 2014, 17:39

Maybe ill show up to one with a fixed minimtl or without it. I doubt that'll happen though

Ingame: Sev
Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby Fear » 11 Jan 2014, 19:55

the shite that comes out your mouth is unbelievable, if you recall I left the clan the very second I told you to get off my back with your paranoid long years grudge bs and your reply was just disgusting, during hivemind I spoke once ingame about lag and I hadn't even stated playing yet it was a discuss ion, then like some contradictive moron after moaning at me for mentioning it you go and do the exact same thing weeks later, like its one standard for you and one for others. You hate people that blame others for their own failings well your a prime example of it though you don't admit to fuckall because your a stuck up Mr perfect with a fat ego, blonde moment lol yea the blonde moment was mine for ever thinking you'd move past 2005 and clean your eyes, you prove everything I say in half of the forum topics and games your involved in, you need a wake up call more than ever as well as your highly tolerant friends..

oh not to mention the crap you spoke about me to good pals of mine in hvm at the time like I wouldn't receive it, your attempted hmm what to call it.. "grooming" of a certain hvm member whilst speaking down to me was shameful, he was thinking of leaving anyway for personal reasons but you pretty much signed his release form with that, SpecX couldn't stand your attitude either and he was a complete outsider to it despite what anybody thinks of him atleast he worked you out, I could mention 2 or 3 more who weren't happyy with you at the time but they're still part of your stolen clan so we'll keep that on the low out of respect for them, certainly not you. Anybody outside Hvm should avoid you like the plague..

Last edited by Fear on 11 Jan 2014, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
2004-2014
DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby DaniSaggenza » 11 Jan 2014, 20:10

Fear wrote:this time last year half your clan left because of you

I guess the guy thinks that Solid and Me left HVM because of Ken, lmao.

We both left because we had a project in common since 2 YEARS, as long as we were in HVM things were okay, Solid can confirm it, and we both learnt lot of things thanks to Ken.

But bah, no point on explaining anything to a guy that only knows to moan and whine...

BTW, whats fear doing, posting on a aug topic??? werent you the guy that couple months ago said that augs sucks?? Yeah, I think you were!

Also, one question, I saw that THC reply that you did in the "Sike wants to make peaces..." topic.

Why did you quit game, because Blade won't host 0 augs without new mtl, or because it's a joke since 2010? :D

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby Fear » 11 Jan 2014, 20:15

oh look its an irrelevant rat posting on the topic, I'm talking a year ago son, back when you guys were cheating in fps with phantom, long before you started to pretend you weren't an idiot, jumped on the wagon have ya, that's nice, don't quote anything I've said as none of it applies to you if you'd read instead of skim-read. I ain't got anything else for you Dani have a nice day go and play deus. Your attempts to troll and cheap shot will get you nowhere young chap, I understand that ken has nothing credible to say to attempt to disprove what I say but I'm sure he doesn't need a statistical anomaly chipping in for him.

Last edited by Fear on 11 Jan 2014, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
2004-2014
DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: FGS ATDM Practice Sessions (Discussion) - Postby DaniSaggenza » 11 Jan 2014, 20:21

oh look its an irrelevant rat posting on my topic,

This is not your topic, as long as I know, Ken started writing this topic, I just quoted your reply :D.

I'm talking a year ago son back when you were cheating in fps with phantom

Good! I think that half DX knows that history, no one gives a *love* actually, also, won't you mention the VAC-ban thingy? Haha

long before you started to pretend you weren't an idiot

Ah, but at least im trying to pretend that im not, you're an idiot even if you pretend not to be.

don't quote anything I've said as none of it applies to you if you'd read instead of skim-read

K

Dani have a nice day go and play deus.

Thanks man! But I dont think that I have time to play Deus, Barça going to play.

Return to Deus Ex