The Problem with MiniMTL

Author
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby DaniSaggenza » 13 Jan 2014, 16:23

synthetic wrote:
Fear generally doesnt know what hes talking about.

=D>

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Jan 2014, 18:12

Anna - legal, originated and authored by it's publisher, does not suffer from loss of functionality, e.g planting in water.

MiniMTL - not strictly legal, originated and authored by Anna's developer, but pinched and developed by a third party. Suffers from loss of functionality. Lots of versions, some of which are not popular. WArping with unstable connection.

If I read correctly, Wolf is being told it's his fault and to get a better connection, but does he have those problems with Anna?

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby machete » 13 Jan 2014, 19:12

ShadowRunner wrote:Anna - legal, originated and authored by it's publisher, does not suffer from loss of functionality, e.g planting in water.

MiniMTL - not strictly legal, originated and authored by Anna's developer, but pinched and developed by a third party. Suffers from loss of functionality. Lots of versions, some of which are not popular. WArping with unstable connection.

If I read correctly, Wolf is being told it's his fault and to get a better connection, but does he have those problems with Anna?

Total straw man. Everyone knows we're using MiniMTL 232/233 because of the speed fixes. I don't know anything about the legal or moral issues you mentioned but, from our perspective, they have nothing to do with the effects of each mod on our servers. I will admit that if what you're saying is true then it's very unfortunate but as a server admin I've made my decision based on what I deem to be best for my server at the present time using a proper consideration of the pros and cons of each mod (i.e. not your horribly biased comparison).

Anyway, find one post in this topic where I've asserted that Sev's problems are his fault and not an unfortunate side-effect of my choice of server mod and come back to me.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby Mastakilla » 13 Jan 2014, 20:16

So does this minimtl fix just FPS speed bug? Or also speed ups through external software?

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby TheWolf » 13 Jan 2014, 20:37

ShadowRunner wrote:Anna - legal, originated and authored by it's publisher, does not suffer from loss of functionality, e.g planting in water.

Problems do not exist with anna.

Ingame: Sev
Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby Hey » 13 Jan 2014, 21:01

Mastakilla wrote:So does this minimtl fix just FPS speed bug? Or also speed ups through external software?

It fixes the FPS stuff, not sure if it fixes cheatengine and metabolic end product like that though.

Pretty sure the cheatengine stuff is really obvious - can just instantly ban people who use it.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby DejaVu » 13 Jan 2014, 21:38

Mastakilla wrote:So does this minimtl fix just FPS speed bug? Or also speed ups through external software?

It could fix third party software manipulations with gamespeed if you configure speedfix to be more aggressive. But that would also have negative effects, because just a tiny amount of lag could seriously impact your game.

And like I said already, the fix is very obvious, and not even hard to implement, just TIME CONSUMING. For the time of all you bitching around about it and arguing over it, if you spent half of that time studying UC, you would already come up with a real fix.

BTW, lastly I checked Anna doesn't do anything about speed hacking. If you set -cpuspeed param and go play on Anna, your FPS on scoreboard even drops and you can warp around like a m.o.t.h.e.r.f.u.c.k.e.r.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: The Problem with MiniMTL - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jan 2014, 00:27

machete wrote:

Total straw man. Everyone knows we're using MiniMTL 232/233 because of the speed fixes. I don't know anything about the legal or moral issues you mentioned but, from our perspective, they have nothing to do with the effects of each mod on our servers. I will admit that if what you're saying is true then it's very unfortunate but as a server admin I've made my decision based on what I deem to be best for my server at the present time using a proper consideration of the pros and cons of each mod (i.e. not your horribly biased comparison).

Anyway, find one post in this topic where I've asserted that Sev's problems are his fault and not an unfortunate side-effect of my choice of server mod and come back to me.

I really put it as a question, because I didn't know that about speed fixes, now I understand why it gets used, but not why Wolf gets the jittery game. I wasn't referring to you and I don't think Wolf was referring solely to your server and I honestly didn't know about speed fix.

Return to Deus Ex