Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Is there any mod that allows you to mute players?

Author
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby DaniSaggenza » 04 May 2014, 18:06

Yeah I know that is easy to ignore and do not read what he writes , but I have been playing like 1 year in a row with this Darko dude talking lot of thrash and nonsense to me, have been ignoring long time but, I am starting to get tired of the guy that only knows to spam retard messages, nonsense things, and trying to give us lessons of history where Croatia won every single war that existed... -.-"

Seems that you can't do 5 frags in a row without being a "haxor" or "cheater", and if you kill him he will go fully emo on you, "aiming binder noob" "jajajajajaj spanish preak what an aiminig bind" "LOL he killed me without scoping at me lol noob stop wallhacking hivemind hax blabla".

I am sorry for disturbing you guys with all this thing, but meh, I'd tell to Machete about ban him, simple solution, but Machete dissapeared like a metabolic end product gas in the wind, and I dont know how to find him.

Thing is simple, just wanted to know if there existed some mod that allows you to mute players in-game.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 04 May 2014, 20:23

I'm not sure but in my mind it shouldn't be too difficult to create one if it doesn't already exist somewhere.. mute (insert player ID) etc... sorry this is very unhelpful haha

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby Tidus » 04 May 2014, 22:27

Why are we not funding this

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby atrey65789 » 05 May 2014, 01:23

I made a mute command in my gametypes... But not sure how to do it in mutator format. Maybe have a new gametype?

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby TheWolf » 05 May 2014, 04:19

I SUGGESTED THIS A LONG TIME AGO FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUUU !1111!!!!!1oneone

Ingame: Sev
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 May 2014, 13:43

If you add mute to your server, then simply the offender will realize and will choose a different form of harrassment.

The trick is to mute them without them realizing they have been muted and yes this mod does exist, but of course it is highly top secret.

It's long overdue that players need to choose a name and that is their name for the next 30 days or whatever. Aliasing should be impossible. You realize more than person impersonates him too as well.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby atrey65789 » 05 May 2014, 18:15

Yes, it's best to mute a player without them knowing... And we wouldn't mute by name, just by id. So changing names wouldn't do anything.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 May 2014, 19:24

Yes, I remember that something like that exists. I just don't remember anymore, where..
But that's for sure.. you cannot perform it with a common mutator.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 May 2014, 11:18

In the case of Darko/Phantom, I have noticed some players immediately start insulting him and some people are actually ruining games by complaning about Phant when he's server. Seriously, some arguments are best kept on the forums. I don't see this sort of on-going bickery dominating other games at all.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby synthetic » 11 May 2014, 16:05

ShadowRunner wrote:In the case of Darko/Phantom, I have noticed some players immediately start insulting him and some people are actually ruining games by complaning about Phant when he's server. Seriously, some arguments are best kept on the forums. I don't see this sort of on-going bickery dominating other games at all.

Other games ban cheaters.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Is there any mod that allows you to mute players? - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 May 2014, 02:49

Funny, but so true.

Return to Deus Ex