Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP FB Group

Author

DXMP FB Group - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 09 Jul 2014, 02:13

Is anyone here a regular on Facebook who's not already in the DXMP group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/deusexmultiplayer/

There are almost 500 members, it's been a pretty great tool to keep the old community together and there are frequent, relevant updates on DXMP and DX3 stuff as well.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby atrey65789 » 11 Jul 2014, 15:38

Yeah, I am on there.

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Hey » 11 Jul 2014, 21:38

Would be awesome if the players in that group as well as the steam group started playing again.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 30 Aug 2014, 13:21

bump

this group still has a number of fake accounts registered by "daedalus suladead", sometimes I take 10 minutes and remove like 30 of them. this guy is probably responsible for over a hundred fake acc's lol. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby atrey65789 » 30 Aug 2014, 16:53

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:bump

this group still has a number of fake accounts registered by "daedalus suladead", sometimes I take 10 minutes and remove like 30 of them. this guy is probably responsible for over a hundred fake acc's lol. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT

He has too much time on his hands

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby anax » 30 Aug 2014, 17:37

too much time on his hands and not enough brain-matter in his skull :bwahaha:

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 30 Aug 2014, 19:48

he literally goes through the trouble of registering resident evil and deus ex characters, add description, friends ONE BY ONE, multiple times. maaaan...

PREQUEL

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby PREQUEL » 30 Aug 2014, 23:11

Semmi nem menti meg... SEMMI!!!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Sep 2014, 19:34

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:he literally goes through the trouble of registering resident evil and deus ex characters, add description, friends ONE BY ONE, multiple times. maaaan...

I appreciated his enthusiasm in the early days of our group, but it's disappointing because it would be useful to know true figures. If the figures are false, there is no value or use.

I am thinking also about the gamespy issue. I wonder how much a paid ad is on FB or Steam, or etc. I wonder what we are doing on Steam exactly to address that issue. What flow of players is being created and where? This is information we should have.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 16 Sep 2014, 21:49

I think if anyone was making a conscious effort to get new players involved, we'd know about it :/

At this point my only hope is that we'll be able to organise occasional tournaments through a custom master server but someone would have to compile a list of things that deal with issues regarding cpu bugs, anti-cheat protection and how to access servers. THEN we could probably get some of the old timers back for a few games, every once in a while.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby synthetic » 16 Sep 2014, 23:05

What DM said, basically.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Sep 2014, 15:35

If you could fix the issues, then old skool DXMP could be offered. Otherwise, I can't help noticing Minecraft being sold for $2.5 billion, I think there could be a future in RPG mods which offer an "SP" experience, but who is going to make them I am not sure.

I'm hoping some of these SP mods get finished too. Denton mod looks great.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby synthetic » 17 Sep 2014, 21:39

Well there are two more or less big problems with DXMP that will effectively void any significant chances of getting new players through *whatever* means: game is badly coded for multiplayer *and* half-assedly made to run on 1996-1999 hardware. Yes indeed, the performance was bad and quality may or may not have been a notch higher than some of its contemporaries, but truth of the matter remains that within 1-2 years of DXMP release hardware would be released that hopelessly f#cks the game up for online play (as well as bugs SP experience).
The second problem is that it is an unfinished showcase product and doesn't have nearly half as many bells and whistles as common players would appreciate.

Minecraft on the other hand is virtual Lego simulator made very simple, effective, and entertaining. Alex used to host a server where there wasn't much to do besides spawning crates out of a gun. Some of us had lot of fun building castles and bridges there. Its not really a game but a 3d builder simulator for kids (and adults alike).

The speculation is that Microsoft did not buy Mojang for its annual profit, but because of the opportunity to get to the pockets of hundred million young gamers that'll make for the next generation consumers.

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Nightcaper » 19 Sep 2014, 04:21

ShadowRunner wrote:I wonder what we are doing on Steam exactly to address that issue. What flow of players is being created and where? This is information we should have.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:I think if anyone was making a conscious effort to get new players involved, we'd know about it :/

On the contrary. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Nightcaper and I've played DXMP from 2000 to 2006. This isn't the alias I went under when I played those years, I doubt you'd know me if I told you my old alias and it wouldn't matter either way. Another person and I have been working tirelessly on the Steam side of things the past couple of days, have a Steam group running, wrote up a few guides that people will see when they pop in the community hub/game. We are working on trying to bring new blood in to the game, but we're going blind here. I only read like, 2 threads in this section, and know little about the current situation/state of DXMP apart from almost completely empty servers. Apparently many people are isolating themselves from other people, when they should be working together, and in general the state of things seems pretty bad... but this is only what I can gather, I need to be filled in so I know how to proceed on my end. I want to work with you guys and any other remnants of the good old DXMP to try and bring new blood through the rotting veins of this game, as well as tackle other problems in the somewhat near future.

I'll put some important links related to the Steam side...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =315427330 - The guide people will see in the hub/when they start Deus Ex and Shift+Tab in to the Steam interface (or most likely will see). Gives them the basic info and run down, from my knowledge (which is not perfect and is certainly flawed, so feel free to suggest corrections), and other worthwhile links for them to go to regarding Deus Ex to get connected with our community (I will add FGS after this post).

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Deus_Ex_Multiplayer - The Steam group. I do not own it, I am an officer in it... I've had quite a few people interested in trying this game out, who have not joined it. I have been scrambling for the past couple of days, so give me some time, and I'll produce results. :wink:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheHamma/ - My personal Steam profile, add me to friends if you'd like to keep more personal contact with me. You can also contact me by email: nightcaper112@gmail.com Keep our friends close. :D

For now those are the important Steam links. As I said, I'm still working on this front, so in the next few days I'm hoping to get further in that area. I'm posting here because this seems like an active forum for DXMP, and I feel that in these times, we must be more united and collaborative than ever. For a long time we have ended up arguing and forcing playstyles on others (augs or no augs, competition or funline, red or blue, et cetera), personally I just want to bring content and people to the game, and I won't look that gift horse in the mouth. I feel that if we both work together, we can share information and resources, hopefully improving the state of DXMP and keeping informed about things. For example, I may be better connected on the Steam front, but I didn't know that "Chinny" ran a Deus Ex blog (which is very helpful information!)... I would not have known this without being on this forum.

I look forward to improving DXMP with you guys, as well as hopefully collaborating with deusexnetwork and dxalpha. 8-)

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Hey » 19 Sep 2014, 16:39

Guide link dosen't work but it needs to have kentie's exe and the new masterserver update.

There should also be a warning, that certain players deliberately cheat.

Return to Deus Ex