Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP FB Group

Author
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Sike » 19 Sep 2014, 16:59

That group should be hidden. My friends gave me odd looks and started asking questions after I took part in a flamewar, but that was like couple of years ago.

Valgothy wrote:Oh and for your info, ATDM is a modded gametype as well.

BTDM is the real DX.
Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Nightcaper » 19 Sep 2014, 18:18

Hey wrote:Guide link dosen't work but it needs to have kentie's exe and the new masterserver update.

There should also be a warning, that certain players deliberately cheat.

How odd, I even navigated to the guide in the hub and clicked it, and it shows an error for accessing it. I need to see what's going on.

It has the masterserver update (deusexnetwork's) already, no worries on that front. However, Kentie's Exe? Could you explain what this does, before I link to an executable file which may make Steam users nervous? Remember... I'm out of the loop on most things like this, all I know is that it's some type of launcher, and I'd like to know more info before linking it, so I can answer questions that will be asked of me on the Steam side regarding it. :)

Yeah, seems like it, I've heard the rumors. I'll post a warning somewhere when I can get this guide to stop erroring whenever someone clicks on it. Thank you for the feedback, hopefully others will make themselves known here as well!

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Hey » 19 Sep 2014, 19:17

PREQUEL

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby PREQUEL » 19 Sep 2014, 22:52

FAIL FAIL FAIL :D:D:D
I HOPE THIS SEXUAL INTERCORSE GAME WILL FAIL TO REBORN,

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Nightcaper » 20 Sep 2014, 07:24

Guide seems to be fixed now. I have an idea for that Kentie launcher actually. It's not strictly Multiplayer related and thus doesn't fit well in to my guide, instead I will make a landing page-like guide that will include links to important things that are general Deus Ex, and for single player and multiplayer specific things I will link the appropriate Steam guides. This way, players on Steam can get the information they need quickly without having to scour the community hub. Will work on tomorrow, must get 5 hours of sleep at least, go to work and then when I get back I will try to get this sorted. :)

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Mastakilla » 21 Sep 2014, 08:38

PREQUEL wrote:FAIL FAIL FAIL :D:D:D

Are your parents cousins by any chance?

PREQUEL

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby PREQUEL » 21 Sep 2014, 11:37

Nah I was drunk.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby anax » 21 Sep 2014, 18:39

Mastakilla wrote:
PREQUEL wrote:FAIL FAIL FAIL :D:D:D

Are your parents cousins by any chance?

getting offended on someone elses behalf is really lame, but that's a pretty retarded thing to say to someone even as a joke :bwahaha:

Darko's parents are cousins though, ANYONE can say that :-"

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Poor » 22 Sep 2014, 07:40

Nightcaper wrote:We are working on trying to bring new blood in to the game, but we're going blind here. I only read like, 2 threads in this section, and know little about the current situation/state of DXMP apart from almost completely empty servers. Apparently many people are isolating themselves from other people, when they should be working together, and in general the state of things seems pretty bad... but this is only what I can gather, I need to be filled in so I know how to proceed on my end.

For years, DXMP was still alive but just barely. 20-30 players at peak times. A community of a hundred, more or less. Around 20 servers. It was possible to have some fun games each day. It was dying but it just wouldn't die. However, the GameSpy master server going offline was the final nail in the coffin. Many server owners and players chose to move on from the game instead of updating their settings. It's like a party: once some people start to leave, everyone starts to leave!

Other notes:

Deus Ex runs too fast on some modern computers. Kentie's launcher fixes this.

Cheating, not a major concern. Anti-cheat mods and bans take care of that. The competitive players will always whine and accuse each other though.

Much modding progress has been achieved in the past year. This includes multiplayer bots, vehicles, miniMTL's simplified UI and spectating feature, and single-player elements such as books, computers, and lasers.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby ShadowRunner » 23 Sep 2014, 03:27

Nightcaper I appreciate you're trying to do something on Steam and good luck.

As Poor said, most people are unaware how advanced the MP game's potential is these days. There are vehicles, decent multiplayer bots with SP conversation lines and much of the SP game has been introduced into MP with intelligent cameras, lasers, books, datacubes. Facetown RPG has cutscene conversations, a working cinema and various "intelligent stealth" missions. Also Facetown planned to control the trollage and stupidity by having a registration only system.

Personally I became demotivated because when we introduced these advances and new experiences they became harassed by a number of things, including spamming for other servers, trolling, aliasing and much anti-social behaviour. For a number of years now, if the population of existing servers fell below a certain point, those players attacked, disturbed or harassed the new servers/gametypes in any way they could. Sometimes even the editing community waged a subtle war on each other.

Even though the classic game was suffering heavily from cheating and cpu abuse, new mods like Cozmo, WW2, Hengsha all received abuse of one sort or another. Similarly a small group also harassed classic games. We have the skills and the work is mostly finished in a lot of cases, but there is little point to throw any further effort in unless things radically changed. As long as I have other pressures in life, there's not much chance I will go back to taking 3 months off work to map a city.

I really think Facetown had the answer with registration, an instant end to aliasing and an end to a lot of trouble. People can be permanently banned. Face has created the answer, but the fight community is all but gone now, so pointless even suggesting it.

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: DXMP FB Group - Postby Nightcaper » 23 Sep 2014, 20:22

ShadowRunner wrote:Nightcaper I appreciate you're trying to do something on Steam and good luck.

As Poor said, most people are unaware how advanced the MP game's potential is these days. There are vehicles, decent multiplayer bots with SP conversation lines and much of the SP game has been introduced into MP with intelligent cameras, lasers, books, datacubes. Facetown RPG has cutscene conversations, a working cinema and various "intelligent stealth" missions. Also Facetown planned to control the trollage and stupidity by having a registration only system.

Personally I became demotivated because when we introduced these advances and new experiences they became harassed by a number of things, including spamming for other servers, trolling, aliasing and much anti-social behaviour. For a number of years now, if the population of existing servers fell below a certain point, those players attacked, disturbed or harassed the new servers/gametypes in any way they could. Sometimes even the editing community waged a subtle war on each other.

Even though the classic game was suffering heavily from cheating and cpu abuse, new mods like Cozmo, WW2, Hengsha all received abuse of one sort or another. Similarly a small group also harassed classic games. We have the skills and the work is mostly finished in a lot of cases, but there is little point to throw any further effort in unless things radically changed. As long as I have other pressures in life, there's not much chance I will go back to taking 3 months off work to map a city.

I really think Facetown had the answer with registration, an instant end to aliasing and an end to a lot of trouble. People can be permanently banned. Face has created the answer, but the fight community is all but gone now, so pointless even suggesting it.

What a shame, it seems FaceTown has/had the potential to be the facelift DXMP needs. Is the project still active or alive? Was the mod/map intended to be hostable on other servers, or only meant for a single server? It is becoming difficult to find interesting, different maps to host on my current server, I'm always looking for an opportunity to bring fun to the server browser.

Poor wrote:Much modding progress has been achieved in the past year. This includes multiplayer bots, vehicles, miniMTL's simplified UI and spectating feature, and single-player elements such as books, computers, and lasers.

Do you have any links to these mods? Does Chinny have any newsletters that mention these? :D

Return to Deus Ex