Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A note about skill

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 07 Aug 2014, 21:06

In competition and competitive environment, which frag- *and* point-based games are, a degree of stress and frustration is understandable, and - given reference or previous experience - accusations of cheating are easy to surface.

A beginner with no such reference or knowledge will accept results and improve. Lack of knowledge on the topic won't spark any particular opinion.

A beginner or mediocre player with such experience is often - but not always - prone to voice concerns that are often worded as direct attacks to the competing player. Depending on circumstances and frequency of such accusations, the general gaming populace would come to label them as noobs. The accusations from such noobs generally stem from lack of knowledge and are just about always proven invalid.

A veteran player will have a reference and ample experience with cheaters, and stress-related paranoia can easily breed if not accusations then thoughts of unfair competition.

Within experienced players the unpleasant thoughts are suppressed by spreading awareness of proven issues and promoting best patches; it is heavily dependent on trust, relations, and unwritten (commonsense) good standards of online gaming. There is always room for second thought and tools are usually made available to unintrusively check up on any suspect situations. Or in other words, an environment is created that allows all players to assume that it is fair play (skilled admins, best patches, settings), and - when in doubt - double check.

There is not much to do with noobs: mature servers ban or kick them, troll servers chew on them and spit them out, noob servers probably provide more likeminded individuals so they'll feel right at home.

And legit beginners will one day be veterans who have to face all this anyway, hopefully skipping the noob phase as described within the current context.

But, there is a common enemy both the noobs and the veterans have, and that is the cheaters or hackers or however people call them. Self-possessed individuals who believe that by ignoring all of the set rules and mechanics of the competition they are entitled to participating in it. Cheaters themselves have a hierarchy of know-how and beliefs, and for some it is a lucrative business. For many, it is about the ego and generally stems from lacking upbringing and-or education. Or in other words, they are dumb.

In the faint hope that those who clicked the thread - touched by the topic or otherwise bored - and actually read some of the text, educate yourself and your fellow gamers in what regards socializing with another human being, and on the topic of gaming vulnerabilities in general.

I'll add something more personal to the end of the post, to make it more interesting, on the topic.

In 10 years I've resorted to using speedhack (exaggerated to a point of being useless) on one occasion and trigger bot on two or three occasions, all without exceptions in games against repeatedly proven cheater Phantom, on grounds that admin (also notified) allowed all cheats and thus conceptually turned the server into a cheatserver. I will not deny the collateral damage on at least one map, in spite of trying to focus my game solely on my person of interest.
As mentioned above, experienced players are entitled to the benefit of doubt and should prefer most up to date servers and additional tools such as spectator mode or demos.
Unfortunately, many players, including some individuals from FGS and these forumboards, have resorted to nooblike behaviour and have resorted to slander and verbal abuse when their score doesn't match mine. Would you like to play online in server where people spew insults and baseless accusations day after day? Think about it.

Previous generation of new players in the 0aug scene was well acquainted with my past clan Renegades. Keeping cheaters out of the clan was a matter of honour to me, and as experienced players it was also necessary in order to promote unity within the team (meaning that your members don't hate eachothers guts thinking the next guy is cheating).
Going through past experience, observations and talks, I have to say with regret that we did have one member that occasionally cheated. We had 12+ members total. Suffice to say, I learned of that after clan was closed, although I had my occasional doubts. Most of our members either played on bad PCs or capped their FPS.

Third note of interest regarding the topic: Phantom, kicked out of REN post-clan closure for breaking our team's rules (no cheating), has over years convinced at least 10 people *that I know of* that cheating is perfectly normal thing to do in an online game, and that everybody else is doing it anyway and blame it on the developers. He was also the first to attempt to break any newer anti-cheat patches, to some success. We are talking about a person approaching his 40s teaching this to teenage beginners. Most all of those players are still active today, although few of them.. well.. learned to play. Unfortunately for dxmp, bulk of those still with him now constitute for perhaps 25% + of active playerbase today. In 2014, cheating is the new cool.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 09 Aug 2014, 19:00

Short version:

If you think someone is cheating (and 90% of you will):

1. consider player's background to weight the odds, AND
2. spectate AND
3. in situations that warrant it (duels, wars, serious confrontation) share or request demorec from suspect player AND
4. consider playing suspect player in different environment that you deem better patched AND
5. educate yourself on what vulnerabilities are possible and how common cheats work

or, if nothing proves anything *definitely*

6. go out for a walk and get fresh air.

Remember, when you want to see ghosts, you will see man's head on Mars or on the Moon or on DOGNY's fat mexican arse.

From experience, I can also tell you that a skilled player can play better and can get better score than average cheater. The difference is however that skilled player has to work hard for it, every second of it, to accumulate impressive score, whereas someone like speedhacker can crouch down middle of corridor and spray until spawn is clear. Many of the cheats also come with handicaps of various kind, such as Phantom running out of bio energy in 1 second after respawn (that was funny!).

Don't Be A Noob™

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A note about skill - Postby Hey » 09 Aug 2014, 20:48

The Dunning Kruger effect is also useful http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A note about skill - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Aug 2014, 21:19

some individuals from FGS and these forumboards, have resorted to nooblike behaviour and have resorted to slander and verbal abuse when their score doesn't match mine

Phantom, kicked out of REN post-clan closure for breaking our team's rules (no cheating), has over years convinced at least 10 people *that I know of* that cheating is perfectly normal thing to do in an online game, and that everybody else is doing it anyway and blame it on the developers. He was also the first to attempt to break any newer anti-cheat patches, to some success. We are talking about a person approaching his 40s teaching this to teenage beginners. Most all of those players are still active today, although few of them.. well.. learned to play.

You're making a big deal out of Phantom, but the situation before then was, that everyone was bugging, binding and that beginners had no chance of their first ever DXMP game being an even or fair game. Also I do not understand why you are trying to blame him, but you don't even mention the people who shared bugs and knowledge with him, others and themselves. Those are the people you should be more angry with?

Somehow you are trying to suggest it is really down to one person, that there are no beginners or anyone bothered to try and learn augs. There are plenty of things that could have been done in servers to make sure beginners could play evenly, with some binds and understood reload bug and medbind etc, but in the ten years I played, I never really saw anyone do this for beginners.

So it is irrelevant to talk about actual cheating, when for all intents and purposes, the entire community cheated on beginners and it brings us back to the 0-aug, custom and RPG argument.

I don't know why you single out a particular clan, FGS as responsible for accusations of your cheating, which in the same thread you admit to.

I never resorted to anything except a medbind.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 10 Aug 2014, 02:22

ShadowRunner wrote:You're making a big deal out of Phantom, but the situation before then was, that everyone was bugging, binding and that beginners had no chance of their first ever DXMP game being an even or fair game. Also I do not understand why you are trying to blame him, but you don't even mention the people who shared bugs and knowledge with him, others and themselves. Those are the people you should be more angry with?

Somehow you are trying to suggest it is really down to one person, that there are no beginners or anyone bothered to try and learn augs. There are plenty of things that could have been done in servers to make sure beginners could play evenly, with some binds and understood reload bug and medbind etc, but in the ten years I played, I never really saw anyone do this for beginners.

So it is irrelevant to talk about actual cheating, when for all intents and purposes, the entire community cheated on beginners and it brings us back to the 0-aug, custom and RPG argument.

I don't know why you single out a particular clan, FGS as responsible for accusations of your cheating, which in the same thread you admit to.

You clearly do not play DXMP, I cannot come to any other conclusion when reading your post. You are incorrect on each and every single point you bring out. On each and every single one! Given that you brought up quite a few things, I think it is amazing to be this detached from reality. I am almost inclined to think that you are trolling me.

edit: I tried to quote out some of the points but somehow I get the feeling that it would be pointless. Let this thread exist for those that actually can read and think without their brainwaves getting disrupted by outerspace interventions, as happens to be the case with the above post.

Shadowrunner, I don't want you to take it personally, or see it as an offence - it is not meant to be one, what would I gain from insulting you? - but you are an exemplary noob in its most direct sense: a player who thinks he knows it all, but in fact knows nothing at all. This is not a surprise to me, but I don't think I've said it quite directly like this before. And some of the aspects, such as the binds topic, we've been over how many times now? I even sent you a PM about it some time back, and you still have to create some kind of alternate reality that has nothing to do with online gaming?

I know of nobody that taught Phantom to cheat, but I know one person who taught him not to cheat: me. Clearly, I failed. On the other hand, I know of 10 people who Phantom taught to cheat. Not bug, not bind, cheat. And I say this as a person who recruited Phantom when he was a beginner. We are talking about a player who has made a joke out of DXMP by speedhacking (and god knows what else) for 6 years, is pretty much the sole suspect behind recent ddos attacks on servers that had banned him, and you are saying what? Can you please take this information into account and read your own paragraph again??

DXMP has no beginners because its an old and obscure game. ATDM had no beginners because DXMP like DXSP is unique experience and most players are used to counter strike style gameplay, being non-unique and fairly "safe". Phantom did far more damage in 0augs (and views himself as best 0auger) than he ever did in augs. Take these facts into account and read your paragraph again.

I've taught beginners since 2005, at some point attempting to converse with pretty much every new name I saw in server. Before that, there were others. It also is worth noting that you appear to take every beginner for a completely helpless infant. From my experience of teaching DXMP basics to perhaps a 50+ players, I'd have to say that if they spoke English at all, they all grasped new information faster than - apparently - you. And, of course, I wasn't the only one who tried to help new players.

As for FGS, it really only deals with 1-2 members and few more forum visitors and isn't really aimed at them specifically. I admitted to using speedhack against a single cheater, and you say I admit to using it against who again now? How does your logics work here? Did you read what I wrote? What did I admit, specifically, without you ripping words out of context? Can you paste what I said?

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 10 Aug 2014, 03:20

That remarkable post of nonsense really necessitates a separate, differently formulated post as post scriptum, apologies.

You're making a big deal out of Phantom, but the situation before then was, that everyone was bugging, binding and that beginners had no chance of their first ever DXMP game being an even or fair game. Also I do not understand why you are trying to blame him, but you don't even mention the people who shared bugs and knowledge with him, others and themselves. Those are the people you should be more angry with?

1. What proof can you present, or rationale, that everybody was cheating before Phantom? Please present it here. I can recall off the top of my head perhaps 200 names maybe, but clearly that is not all. Explain yourself, as you've made a serious allegation.

2. Who shared bugs and knowledge with him and others (within context = taught him and others how to cheat)? Name names, if you have any.

3. Where in my thread did I say or insinuate that " it is really down to one person, that there are no beginners or anyone bothered to try and learn augs"? Please quote where I said it.

4. How did entire community cheat on beginners, and what do the different mods have to do with it?

5. I admit to what exactly? Can you quote my exact words and how they justify the accusations?

6. You are insinuating on two occasions in your post that you compare binds to cheating, while the developer of our game engine and creator of Unreal Tournament documented various user ini edits on their official website, and hundreds of threads about binds and help related to binds can be found on Epicgames official forums? Are you saying that game developers, who made game rules, are breaking game rules (cheating)? Is that what you are saying?

I would like these questions answered, please.

Here you can find the definition of cheating: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheat
In our case, it means violating the ruleset of the competition (game mechanics) that were enforced and thus expected - in each and every case a precedent exists in the rich history of online gaming, and not a single instance of cheating in DXMP is DXMP exclusive.

And on top of all that you say you've played 10 years? Seriously??!

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: A note about skill - Postby synthetic » 10 Aug 2014, 12:32

Guys, I understand that you are more interested in making maps, mods, textures and models, and play on the side of that sometimes. That is all very nice and dandy, but can we please stick to talking about things that we know about? Shadowrunner can tell me about how many brushes he can fit on a map, and I can tell him how the skill and drama both work in DXMP game itself. Because, if people don't know what they talk about, then THIS happens, and THIS happens. And I am not even going to link to any of the posts by Atrey, Fear, Chees, or that other dude with weird name. It is absolutely awesome that you are spending time learning how to modify and shape this wonderful game, but please do not spread false information.

When many metabolic end product is posted I can take it apart bit by bit, present hard evidence and ample material of similar situations being dealt with in the online gaming scene in general, but it literally wastes my time every time I argue with such inexperienced players. If you lack experience, for gods sake, go and play and learn each at your own pace, but PLEASE don't talk many metabolic end product!

I guess in a sense this entire thread was a big noob-trap, and I am left here to watch who falls into it. It wasn't meant to be one, it was meant to be informative.

For example, lets take some false claims by noobs: "Augs are cheats" is a really good one, and how about "0augs is DXMP" or one of its many forms.
Both of these are false, and I can explain how they are false. If I sat here and talked face to face with game developers, we would both be on the same opinion about this, but somehow, somewhy, some people invent their own definitions of DXMP game mechanics in their imagination! Why can't you just border with a simple statement such as "I don't really like augs" even if it pretty much equals "I don't really like DXMP". Or how about "I tried augs (DXMP) but it seemed too hard with all the veteran players playing". These are opinions, these are preferences, and you cannot somehow debate whether they are or not. You cannot have an opinion about intricacies of something that you don't understand!

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: A note about skill - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 11 Aug 2014, 13:19

While I didn't read ANY of what's been written in this thread, in this day and age where DXMP is clearly in a place in which there is just no coming back from, wouldn't you be much better off focusing all that passion, time and energy towards something meaningful and maybe get something awesome done that people today will actually care about? You seem like a smart guy and I'm sure you know much about other cool things too that are worth discussing. I think there's just a reality here that we all need to face so that the next thing we do will make a difference and maybe one day we can all reunite playing DXMP 4 and start out as actual veterans with all this history behind us! Hope this makes sense, haha. [/existential rant]

RP-G-eorge
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A note about skill - Postby RP-G-eorge » 11 Aug 2014, 14:09

synthetic wrote:Or how about "I tried augs (DXMP) but it seemed too hard with all the veteran players playing". These are opinions, these are preferences, and you cannot somehow debate whether they are or not. You cannot have an opinion about intricacies of something that you don't understand!

I'd replace "veteran players" with "multi aug binders", as that's my experience from what I've seen. It seems ironic that those who play without multiple aug binds VSing those who do multi aug bind may say it's hard, yet those who bind multiple augs can be seen as players who find the game too hard to play without doing this, though that depends on my two questions under this.

I've never read the instruction manual completely for this game and I haven't played single player mode, but do either one of these two options mention anything about multiple aug binding?

I've got nothing against changing individual buttons to suit one's play style and if that needs to be manipulated then so be it, but some of these multi binds are insane and if it's not taught by the manual or single player, then why allow them at all, as the game itself was never designed that way?

Once there's mutli aug binding, then you've got an open field on other things too, as your bind tutorials show, especially with buying skills. It's alot for a new player to take in and as a new player who questioned many people in game about their binds, what ShadowRunner said was perfect from my own experience.

ShadowRunner wrote:There are plenty of things that could have been done in servers to make sure beginners could play evenly, with some binds and understood reload bug and medbind etc, but in the ten years I played, I never really saw anyone do this for beginners..

The only thing I ever read anyone speak of was medbind, but when other things got mentioned, it was ignored or denied.

I'm sorry to say, but if the game manual or single player teaches how to bind with the sniper rifle in close combat, that's f**ked up, but atleast your website shows how people can do it in order to compete against those that use it, though nobody I ever questioned mentioned your website to me unfortunately.

synthetic wrote:For example, lets take some false claims by noobs: "Augs are cheats" is a really good one, and how about "0augs is DXMP" or one of its many forms.
Both of these are false, and I can explain how they are false. If I sat here and talked face to face with game developers, we would both be on the same opinion about this, but somehow, somewhy, some people invent their own definitions of DXMP game mechanics in their imagination! Why can't you just border with a simple statement such as "I don't really like augs" even if it pretty much equals "I don't really like DXMP". Or how about "I tried augs (DXMP) but it seemed too hard with all the veteran players playing". These are opinions, these are preferences, and you cannot somehow debate whether they are or not. You cannot have an opinion about intricacies of something that you don't understand!

If multi binds aren't taught by the game manual or through single player, then haven't you yourself, as well as many others invented their own definitions of how the game mechanics of Deus Ex should be? It's unlikely that any of this will be reversed, especially with those already caught in the habit.

It's clear there are those who are playing the game as they feel it should be and it's because of binds.

Eliminate multi binds, though allow people to change their aug buttons and see how that goes, I say. New players just may warm up to this, instead of not being able to play the game without a two foot sniper kill shot while they're wondering how that happened and deciding to quit, as nobody will own up saying "I use the sniper bind.", "Visit this website to learn it.". That's just my experience speaking though.

What I like about RPG and cage match on this game though, is that it doesn't matter how you play it, as you'll be able to play it and you can play it as the game was made.
Reading about all these multi binds that one can do, that alone kills all the enjoyment of death match for me, but yes, that's my opinion.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A note about skill - Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Aug 2014, 19:11

I only pulled up on the FGS comment and the fact the entire topic, besides FGS, is aiming the blame entirely almost on Phantom. your response is overkill. I'm not making a stand against you or your topic, I just don't agree with a topic that focuses negative comments on ONE clan and ONE person. Personally I don't see FGS as the clan mainly responsible for cheating accusations, nor do I see that Phantom is the number one reason people cheat, or don't play anymore, although that is highly debatable probably.

To correct you with a fact, I played DXMP last night and about 3 or 4 times in the last week, in fact and am playing regularly. Mostly I play on Hey's server. I felt a couple of guys were very fast and I saw a couple of guys talking about them abusing CPU, but I didn't let it ruin my game. Deliberate teamkilling ruins my game more than the cheating does. So does the arguing between people and I also personally hate aliasing, but respect people's choice.

Perhaps everyone has a bit of Dunning-Kruger in being able to blame someone else for the demise of the game. Also perhaps we are just beating ourselves up and even if Deja Vu had not done what he did in 2007, perhaps COD Modern Warfare would have killed the game as it did anyway. On a positive note, the community did very well to keep the game alive as long as it did, in fact practically doubled the life of the game, even after it was totally obselete. You can be proud of this.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: A note about skill - Postby Mastakilla » 11 Aug 2014, 19:27

Can't believe there's actually discussion about binding and wether or not it should be allowed or not. Epic Games is actually very proud of the flexibility possible in their engines for binding and go in great detail and depth in their documentations on how-to's etc. ''game manual'' arguement is the most silly thing I've ever heard, no offense George.

Knowing the possibilities and limitations within an engine is part of what makes a skilled player.
This is not the same as exploiting which would define a cheater.

RP-G-eorge
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: A note about skill - Postby RP-G-eorge » 12 Aug 2014, 10:47

Mastakilla wrote:Can't believe there's actually discussion about binding and wether or not it should be allowed or not. Epic Games is actually very proud of the flexibility possible in their engines for binding and go in great detail and depth in their documentations on how-to's etc. ''game manual'' arguement is the most silly thing I've ever heard, no offense George.

Knowing the possibilities and limitations within an engine is part of what makes a skilled player.
This is not the same as exploiting which would define a cheater.

None taken, but I don't see this as an argument. If the game wasn't designed to teach players how to do this and that, then I'd say it's exploiting the game to one's advantage, which would be cheating to me.

What if only one person started multi binding augs, while everyone else was only able to change aug buttons by turning one on at a time? I'm sure that person would get banned, named and shamed, if that person wasn't going to share how it was done. The only reason multi binding and other binds are allowed is because people explored what it was, learnt what it is and have shared how it's done. Maybe even replace the word "shared" with leaked, though I don't know the history of this game.

Does multi binding make people skilled? Sure,as they've created a new game style, but someone who doesn't multi bind could be more skilled than a multi binder at their own game too, which just happens to be the original way that this game was supposed to be played.

I do like this thread though, as it speaks out about binds and multi binding, as it's not something you read a whole lot about, especially on this forum, as that if people are multi binding, which they are and are fine with it, then why hide it and deny it.
Doing a search just now, shows there were discussions about it.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3787&hilit=bind
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4162&hilit=bind

I wonder how many people have said certain things then compared to now. ;-)

Reading through some of the search history shows that there are some multi-binds that are helpful for changing maps, etc, which is good.

Even going back 4 years, last two posts, shows multi binding had it's ways to bug people.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2915&p=43464&hilit=bind#p43464

If people are allowed to take advantage of this game's engine, why can't people take advantage of their own computer equipment too? Last post here says something interesting.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2646&p=38328&hilit=bind#p38328

So banning people who take advantage of their computer equipment can be seen as a ban, but not other things? This is what happens when you open the door on just one thing that can be exploited and abused that was never made to be part of the game to begin with.

I see no justification for people banning people for making use of their own computer equipment, but allowing people to take advantage of the game in a way that it was never meant to be played at the same time. Allow one, allow it all, or remove one and remove it all. It's no wonder new players are unable to keep up, as many subjects are not allowed to be discussed, while other subjects are, though both subjects are making use of what they can do or both are referred to exploiting so one can have an advantage over the other.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: A note about skill - Postby Mastakilla » 12 Aug 2014, 13:09

When I started out as a 12/13 year old I obviously didn't use any fancy keybindings, and when I lost matches I went full noob mode on people swearing at them in my own language and broken english, I matured and everything and that went away. When in the meantime I learned about bindings though I wasn't disgusted or thinking that in all that time other people cheated, I just thought ''Oh brilliant this will make live a bit easier!''. People in those times were exploring ways to exploit it, using silly things in binds like centerview and whatnot with scope to try and get cheap headshots, that always backfired because it just doesn't work that well in game. I completely agree that having keybinds and playing someone with default bindings, or even personalized bindings done through the in game menu, the person with the bindings will have an advantage and as a player who does it himself, I would imagine it's a big advantage. However the person without the bindings will be used to his own configuration and probably doesn't mind playing his way. At some point they might notice people using meds rather fast and ask questions, those questions back in my day always got answered and binding was explained. I personally wouldn't say it's cheating, and the fact that so many fan made patches have come out and none have even tried adressing this suggests to me that people tend to agree. Honestly if this would get ''fixed'' it would be like taking a feature away.

I would like to retract my earlier statement that your comment was the most silly thing I've heard, I respect your opinion and feel free to convince people of it. You won't be getting to me though! ;-)

About taking advantage of computer hardware, that's a funny thing. For a long time people have been looking for ways to up their FPS to get an in game advantage and again, nothing was said or thought of it. People would complain if they are killed by someone who had 200 FPS and use it as an excuse, but cheat was hardly used. It was only when it got to the point where people get an easy 500 FPS and the game behaves strange that people wanted a limit. When you empty your assaultrifle in .5 seconds something needs to be done. Both are engine related ''problems'' but like I said, binding is a feature of the engine, having hardware that causes it to act strangely because the engine is ancient is an exploit.

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A note about skill - Postby Hey » 12 Aug 2014, 17:35

Multi-binding augs is inefficient - the only ones that would benefit are cloak + run silent. Guess you'd have to activate it again before taking out a weapon or immediately after taking out a weapon from cloak to deactivate the run silent.

Having say ADS + Energy shield vs geps,law and shells is useful, but you don't ALWAYS need both of them on to survive, imo activating them individually depending on what the guy pulls out would be better or his positioning.

Energy Shield + EMP Shield? You should know if they have either of those by looking at their hand/knowing if they've disappeared for a while or saw them taking a LAM, once again, would be better to just activate them individually.

The point im trying to make is that someone who activates them individually would be more bio-efficient then someone who used a bind to activate multiple augs.

Medbind? Biobind? Both of those make the game easier and imo only have the disadvantage of you pulling out say ur 1st slot when you wanted the 2nd/3rd.

Edit: Bind I forgot to mention was sniper bind - iv never used one so im not sure how good it is, but id assume it would be easier.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A note about skill - Postby anax » 14 Aug 2014, 15:13

I decided to make a video about these issues from reading all this.
Can apply to this thread and Dxmp in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW9VzOCMdnI

i think if you want to progress in Dxmp you basically need to bind augs so they are easy to use at a speed.

AND
~: Learn the Skill system.
~: Practice moving and shooting.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!

Return to Deus Ex