Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to.

Author
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby anax » 02 Nov 2014, 01:23

This is probably a huge mistake on my part be whatever man, i am making this in the interest of a healthy DXMP Christmas.

Here, have this thread for talking, just do it, jfc! :bwahaha:

Everyone on both sides of this metabolic end product storm wants DXMP to continue,
it's just that the constant flaming is destroying every chance for a discussion.

So for the sake of DX i'm giving you one right now, talk this out WITH YOUR EYE TO THE FUTURE, and not into the past of "blah blah Phantom, blah blah Hivemind, blah blah Darko, blah blah 0-augs, etc. etc.

Ok, GO!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Netrunner
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby Netrunner » 02 Nov 2014, 10:16

Some good atdm games yesterday 2vs2 and even 3vs3. We need to repeat!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Nov 2014, 12:57

Have a thread where only solutions or discussion about solutions can be posted. If someone, anyone, posts anything about an individual, it is immediately deleted. Discuss issues in third person and name no names, name no clans in particular. Just talk with a purpose and accept there is more than one solution and there's no harm in hearing all of them.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 02 Nov 2014, 18:44

As I said in another thread im recovering or trying to recover contact with DXers that left game because of inactivty and came back if they see activity again, it seems that the fact that masterserver went down was a big impact for some players, but if we think about it, this game maybe just had 5 new players the past 2 years, and 3 of them did quit game after playing it for 10 mins.

I fixed things with some problems and they happily will try to comeback, im now managing to send them the new masterserver address.

It's a shame that Karky put down her server, it was very important for the activity in a sense, bunch of kids did play there, (kids like me and Solid back then), and after that, we moved to augs and 0a, Karky was really important for this game the past 3 years.

PS: I know ShadowRunner said on his other post about don't name names in particular but im doing it with a good reason hey, not blaming or anything >_<.

Netrunner
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby Netrunner » 12 Nov 2014, 00:12

Right now im dxmp
14 online players (including me)!

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 12 Nov 2014, 00:42

...later in DXMP :bwahaha:

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby anax » 12 Nov 2014, 01:57

dat 120 fov :-D

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 12 Nov 2014, 02:48

is Barney purple! :-D

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 12 Nov 2014, 16:53

We're also having activity at 13-14 pm, some nice 0a games todays (guess who is 07 dude :D)

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby anax » 12 Nov 2014, 16:56

does he mean he can't see the original map :bwahaha:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Nov 2014, 01:46

DaniSaggenza wrote:PS: I know ShadowRunner said on his other post about don't name names in particular but im doing it with a good reason hey, not blaming or anything >_<.

Nah, just a suggestion, I don't blame you for anything.

If you remember Factory forums it was 98% spam and abuse free. There was a section for rant, but I don't remember it getting used much. People just like to either screw up constructive constructions or just aren't skilled enough to know when they are being arrogant, uncompromising and political. Some people try to give advice, but end up pointing the finger at someone. There's more tension now than 2-3 years ago and that is unexpected, logically it would be opposite, but it's like people only begun to give a metabolic end product when DX was in the hospital.

DX was in the ambulance even in 2007-9 when COD/MW2 etc happened, now it is on life support systems, but people are kinda arguing who is going to pay for the funeral.

Your experience as an augger is very different from mine as a mapper for mods. I get aug-minded and noob-minded people under alias (cowardly) disrupting mods, even on the first day of the mod. Simple panic over numbers of players in servers. I know Chees has had a taste of this too. For this reason I have very little loyalty or kindness left towards giving others a decent game and that won't change much till you all stop aliasing and *loving* with each other, hard to take some people seriously. I know some noobs disrupt aug servers as well, it's not just people like Phantom.

I might have been a male sex organ at times in DXMP, but never for this long. I am trying to turn this into a positive, but I can't really say anything constructive, I'm sorry.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Nov 2014, 02:32

ShadowRunner wrote:
DaniSaggenza wrote:PS: I know ShadowRunner said on his other post about don't name names in particular but im doing it with a good reason hey, not blaming or anything >_<.

Nah, just a suggestion, I don't blame you for anything.

If you remember Factory forums it was 98% spam and abuse free. There was a section for rant, but I don't remember it getting used much. People just like to either screw up constructive constructions or just aren't skilled enough to know when they are being arrogant, uncompromising and political. Some people try to give advice, but end up pointing the finger at someone. There's more tension now than 2-3 years ago and that is unexpected, logically it would be opposite, but it's like people only begun to give a metabolic end product when DX was in the hospital.

DX was in the ambulance even in 2007-9 when COD/MW2 etc happened, now it is on life support systems, but people are kinda arguing who is going to pay for the funeral.

Your experience as an augger is very different from mine as a mapper for mods. I get aug-minded and noob-minded people under alias (cowardly) disrupting mods, even on the first day of the mod. Simple panic over numbers of players in servers. I know Chees has had a taste of this too. For this reason I have very little loyalty or kindness left towards giving others a decent game and that won't change much till you all stop aliasing and *loving* with each other, hard to take some people seriously. I know some noobs disrupt aug servers as well, it's not just people like Phantom.

I might have been a male sex organ at times in DXMP, but never for this long. I am trying to turn this into a positive, but I can't really say anything constructive, I'm sorry.

I couldn't put it better myself Shadowrunner. Well said mate.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby anax » 14 Nov 2014, 14:54

Personally i think the hostility against mods has been because of the low player numbers, if there were enough players then you would have different groups gathering around each game type or mod, and it woukld be perfectly natural.

Even now it is natural for that to happen but because we have 20 players, say 8-10 of them playing regularly, attention is drawn away from 0-augs and augs.
Meaning up to half of the player demographic are stuck just noobing around in Karky's server.

Less players also means less coders, less moderators and admins, less mappers, less teachers to show newer kids how to snipe, manage bio energy and all that stuff.
Even in 2011 there were a few people teaching the skills and history from ye ancient times, most of DXMP takes place on forums now, which is sad.

My aug nazi phase is most definitely over as of when i wrote my revisory rant #2, but i still think augs it the first thing new players should be encouraged to learn.
As of this month i can count 3 older players who have returned out of the blue, even someone from [W]ierd Warriors which is one of the oldest clans,
add to that a small handfull of completely new players within the last 2-3 months, and we have potential to really fire DXMP up again.
But if they get stuck gepping in Karky's or CageMatch then that potential will die very quickly.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Nov 2014, 19:09

I completely agree with you, that the trouble on new servers, is that 0a and aug servers become quieter for a while, but what is stupid is that the attacks begin on the first day. By messing with new mods and custom servers, they only shoot themselves in the foot and prove homo sapiens is a member of the ape family.

Again I completely agree with you that players should learn augs as they learn the game, but can I point out again this is no reason to mess with other people or 0a.

Also I just don't know how people think a brand new player will have the patience to play in veteran servers, when there are easier options to learn augs like DXAG, Hengsha, Botservers and inf bio servers. This is compounded if half the veterans are in actual fact being noobs, there is no reason to believe or follow people who ardently promote the classic game, if they are doing it at the expense of any other gametype, even more so if they are messing with aug servers and cheating too.

This is one reason people have lost energy and DX has become veterans arguing about who cheats. It was a dumb strategy to mess with custom aug servers that is all I am saying. It should be obvious that you won't sell something if you act desperate. Combined with my own cashflow issues, there was little point in making sacrifices to host something that would be attacked.
As coders lose time and interest, the ATDM crowd will get what they want, ordinary maps from time to time, so there is no real reason to act desperate or negatively.

Anax, besides augging, you created fight maps of good quality and I don't think you fit in to this category at all, you've accomodated many gametypes, you're more creative than destructive in DX. I will shut up now, but I thought I should add this viewpoint into this debate.

I guarantee you if people stopped messing with custom and 0a and pissing their pants every time there was a new server or mod and just focused on their own business at hand, they would make progress. I'll shut up now, let other issues get discussed, I guess as you mentioned, another issue is people blaming rather than offering ideas.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: HERE you go guys, talk it out, or try to. - Postby Mastakilla » 14 Nov 2014, 20:20

Augs is not what makes DXMP great, it's actually the most imbalanced gametype in the history of online gaming and it's a stupid concept to use in competitive gaming, there is no skill involved. It's basically a rush to get OP, and then get as many kills as possible while you have your advantage. The arguement that some players are better with their advantage doesn't really make a difference. And the advantage being wasted on noobs just makes the gametype even more of a joke.

Good playes will be good without the augs, and with the augs be even harder to kill
Noobs will have a hard time getting a streak at all, and once they have a streak a skilled player will kill them regardless.

Pathetic gametype is pathetic. lmfao

Return to Deus Ex