Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

ZODIAC

Author
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

ZODIAC - Postby Kothar » 22 May 2006, 11:54

well it may or may not be a sequal from what i understand it takes place somewhere towards the end of the game and probably goes past the end so i can safely assume that ZODIAC is a sequal and to get to my point in this post... the maps are very detailed the missions are very creative but... they need either the actors who provided the voices in the original DX or new actors or a genious sound mixer i want to know of other tested Deus Ex sp mods after i am done with ZODIAC i want to play some more mods and test them out so any sp mods that are done and have been tested.... if you can give me the links it would be apprecitaed.... also if you are going to play ZODIAC there is a catch... u have to know how to read to fully understand the game..... is this a problem? throw a lam if u can't read this.....
:LAM:

Last edited by Kothar on 22 May 2006, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 22 May 2006, 12:09

...if you can give me the links it would be apprecitaed...

just take a look in Downloads

pi/100*1337=42
Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

Re: ZODIAC - Postby Kothar » 22 May 2006, 14:56

Kothar wrote:i want to know of other tested Deus Ex sp mods after i am done with ZODIAC i want to play some more mods and test them out so any sp mods that are done and have been tested....
ok yeah but i do not know what have been tested and are done... when i say done i mean nothing is missing and there are no major glitches that can't be ignored... and i am looking for a good plot... so if you could plz b4 i download them tell me all of the mods on that list that are worth it.... thanks

:LAM:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 24 May 2006, 00:11

I played Zodiac 1...Nice...

My favourite SP mods are

DXSP Hotel Carone.
DXSP Counterfeit.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 26 May 2006, 00:25

lol i am to lazy to install counterfeit... so any other good mods that are easy to install?(you know without having to change any settings) and hotel carone is very hard... to many hostages die and stuff i keep accidentally blowing it up in the first lvl as well... and the first map is complimacated and and not so straight forward as to where you need to go...i shoulda ghosted... is there an invisibliy cheat... it may help me out with the first lvl...

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Jun 2006, 22:46

Kothar

Here's my walkthrough...it's been a year since I played it but...

1. When Jock has driven you to the corner with the two fake NSF and two MJ12, immediately tell the fake NSF to move to the backdoor immediately.

2. Run silent and get there before the real NSF at backdoor see them, stun both NSF and VERY VERY VERY quickly hide their bodies, the third guy is gonna come through the door, just as the fake NSF arrive, stun him from behind, making sure he doesn't see you until he is on the pavement.

3. Go inside and crouch your way around to the lift. You can access the 15th floor and the roof and also find the chimney on the roof and access two vents into other areas of the Hotel. Also I reccomend exiting the hotel often and going to see around other places, and people...

Most important thing = get the hotel keys from the lobby. That is the only way you will be able to open every door and cabinet...there are not enough lockpicks, 11th floor is next, easy skill points to pick up and a convo with your brother Paul...

The reason you are blowing up the Hotel and Hostages are dying is because you are not choosing the right skill levels and approaching each hostage room in the right order.

4. From now you have several options...

Probably it's easiest to clear the basement hostages first, but dont attempt to remove the TNT in the basement yet, clear them get your skill points, start taking out the guards in quiet places. The basement guards on the hostages have to be stunned before they can fire, cos the explosives? in the hostage room will catch fire...

In fact most floors are like the lobby, get the objective and deal with the guards later, or just dont deal with them at all, whether you stun every guard or not they will still take casualties on the fifteenth floor in the raid on secret room of UNATCO, of course Alex never dies...

Also you know how to use darts like a prod? Crouch behind the guy and creep behind him as he walks aim the darts, making sure you see the white box around him, so that you are touching his neck, fire a dart, if you have the right skills level, he will go down immediately, quietly like you prodded him... I can't imagine Hotel Carone without doing this...it would blow up every time, cos some goon will run up the fire escape and then all hell will break loose...

It's designed to punish you if you dont stun qiuetly, the guard runs, someone else hears, I always avoid taking out ppl on the fire escape, let them walk inside the hotel and then take them out.

Also I seem to remember I left 15th floor hostages till last, and TNT in basement was one of the very last things I did...but of course the TNT and the hostages are the objective, so once removed, it''s safe to start a war.

Also the aug room on the roof, be careful you dont lock it too soon...

Hmm what else? Oh yeah...two guys in the security room on 2nd floor, you can't get both, either one will fire or one will hit the alarm, the best way is creep in and hide under the table, so you are crouched without pressing crouch, then access the computers several times, until all cameras are off.
Also it allows you to study the hotel and enemy locations WITHOUT cheating. I never cheated in DX or Carone, no need...

Carone is tough, but only if you dont use darts like a prod...even then it's very time-consuming and requires alot of patience to hit the guard at the right moment...

Also there is street access into the underground car park, through a hole in street, run left when you jump and the camera will just miss you...

I cant say the exact best order to rescue each hostage, can't remember how I did it...

But you'll need an escape route first, backdoor is best...

And when you finally get to the TNT, hehe, there's some shadows aren't there, make sure you counted all the TNT before you try and remove, and of course it's best to try and disable the lam before you remove the TNT...

Hotel Carone is a lot of camping and watching...that's all...

5. When you get back to Manderley's House, you gotta keep a very tight reign on Jock, Manderley needs some NSF alive, if you allow Jock to run off without you, that aint gonna happen, just a bunch of NSF with throwing knives and buckshot in their heads...

And make sure you find the key to the aug room... think fish...you'll find it.

6. When you get to DXD, I would personally clear out the bot storage areas before descending to lower levels, entry is a matter of taste, you can follow Jock, but then you will be exploring your way OUT of the base.
I preferred the front door and working my way down...

7. Finally in the park, this is amusing, you can control the NPC's quite a lot here, depending on whether you cross the bridge or not...

Try the Hotel level again and ask me any questions you want...

Return to Deus Ex