Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Moenia revamp 2015 (Beta)

Author
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Moenia revamp 2015 (Beta) - Postby anax » 23 Feb 2015, 12:58

Improvement of the old RTK map, copying the layout exactly but with better geometry, texturing, and item placement... And normal weapon boards!

~ Few additional details and explosive things (only 2)

[list=]
-Hostable! ( BETA 1 )

-Version: 1.1 (Zero Augs)

-Next beta goals:
Finish lighting, place cabinets and bio-bots for augged version.[/list]

Download the map: here

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Moenia revamp 2015 (Beta) - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 23 Feb 2015, 20:32

Wow, very well done! :smt023

pro:
- everythings on grid
- good polys/nodes ratio
- the grid scale is big but yet you managed to add nice detail stuff
- BSP cuts look good at the more complex brush work
- semi-solids were used at suitable places
- I couldn't find BSP holes
- there are rooms for close and medium range combat

cons:
- some places seem to be illuminated out of the nowhere (1)
- some doors glide into the wall when getting opened (the doors pivot is set to grid rather than the door itself)
- all doors Encroach-Type are set to StopWhenEncroach rather than IgnoreWhenEncroach (2)
- the TNT crate between that both spawn rooms.. well as Nobody I'd say YESSS! ..but from gameplay, it might cause spawnkill 8-[

Comments:
(1) There is light but no light bulbs or stuff. Especially in the region near the stairs to the spawns
(2) Encroach-Type StopWhenEncroach is unsuitable for MP because due to a lack of replication, the clientside doors are always IgnoreWhenEncroach. Thus, people will think it's opened, while it actually stopped and then they'll start moaning about movement bug

So yeah, I'll put it on FGS 0aug then! :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Moenia revamp 2015 (Beta) - Postby [FGS]Chees » 23 Feb 2015, 21:54

Weapon boards aint on grid. But you know what who cares! the map I'm about to release has messed up brush work to the max and textures wont line up and much more wrong.

Looks great though nice work cant wait to battle on it :)

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Moenia revamp 2015 (Beta) - Postby anax » 24 Feb 2015, 16:17

Yea I'll see to those grid problems on the next edit, and the lighting is mostly copying the original, for the first beta I'm more concerned about playability, room design, balanced item placement, and basic feedback - which I now have :) That's why the lighting is lazy so far, I wanted to get the layout sorted first. :bwahaha:
Weapon boards must be off grid in CMD then as I took them right out of that hallway xD.

Edit:
Oh the door was copied straight from the original Moenia too, actually the exact same map file but I built my revamp next to the old layout but kept some details and changed the name. The door might be clipping because I edited the solid frame and hollow subtract brushes to be on grid, nothing in the original map was on grid :o

#2:
Aw man, I like stop when encroach mode though, it stops you from floating through the mover!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Moenia revamp 2015 (Beta) - Postby Magus » 24 Feb 2015, 17:52

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:(2) Encroach-Type StopWhenEncroach is unsuitable for MP because due to a lack of replication, the clientside doors are always IgnoreWhenEncroach. Thus, people will think it's opened, while it actually stopped and then they'll start moaning about movement bug

You know, that's the first time I've seen an explanation of why that bug happens... I assume CrushWhenEncroach works the same way, which is why the lifts on Blockade used to bug out once you crushed someone with them...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Return to Deus Ex