Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

new Masterserver

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2006, 03:15

Hello DejaVu... I would like to talk with you very much...

about mapping, modding, SDK, the current population of DX as compared to 2 months ago, the weather in Slovenia and to show you my ATDM scores...
and perhaps ask you a few questions about aug management...I believe you are a reasonable person and you and I will reason with each other...But Deja to join FGS u know u must post a demorec...and read the thread on recruiting... good luck and try again sometime...soon LOL...Seriously it would be good for me to talk with you and hear things from you, rather than from rumour control. I believe you care about DX as much as I, we should talk...

Actually on-topic... I notice you can set your speed before you join. So I set my speed in player setup usually, but often during a game I check my speed and notice that someone/something has changed my connection from DSL to 56k or TI/LAN 20,000... Is there a way to prevent this, or should I allow the connection to change?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2006, 04:53

Sorry for double posting - I copy/pasted the lines into my ini...

I can see slightly less servers than before, FGS's DXMS and FGS1 are totally missing now... also I can not connect to Wunderland 2 even though it is augged...

Oh let me guess, it's being attacked because it has fan-made weps and not original weps?

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 13 Dec 2006, 11:27

no, if it has 0 augsperkill, then yes. mods has nothing to do with it.

i dont see fgs1 and dxms aswell, but if you set your masterservers to: master0.gamespy.com:28900\dxmtl.eu:28900 you will see all servers.

settings netspeed works fine for most servers, however, some of them (like godz one) set your rate to 9000 automatically - lame.

then you have to unblock me on msn i guess.

[FGS] AXIS
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

mastersever - Postby [FGS] AXIS » 13 Dec 2006, 12:07

When do the servers come back ? wtf is going on ??
:evil:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2006, 17:39

DejaVu wrote:no, if it has 0 augsperkill, then yes. mods has nothing to do with it.

i dont see fgs1 and dxms aswell, but if you set your masterservers to: master0.gamespy.com:28900\dxmtl.eu:28900 you will see all servers.

settings netspeed works fine for most servers, however, some of them (like godz one) set your rate to 9000 automatically - lame.

then you have to unblock me on msn i guess.

I honestly had no idea that I blocked you... In fact I don't know what your address is... is it the one that looks like -D? And if I did block it was because I don't know anything about computers and don't want hackers such as you breaking in my PC and destroying my work and the work on my computer that belongs to charities...

OK I read this quote, but that doesnt explain why our AUGGED server is being attacked/blocked/barred from entry...Wunderland 2 has always been augs...Also the DXMS server was running augs at the time of attack?

And before I start fiddling with my ini, why should I trust anything at all that you say. Don't be offended, but you can see my point? Finally - Deja, I have been told you are doing all this in an effort to make us better DX'ers... but I could show you a bunch of scores on ATDM which basically show that a nub like me can win at ATDM quite easily, without any special aug knowledge or management or binds etc... I got 9.0 yesterday on my first ever time on the HK server... they seem to mess with the server settings and I wasn't playing normal speed aug etc... now why don't you attack their server too?

This is crazy, Wunderland 2 is an augged server with normal weps...I can also show you how the population has now halved...I can also argue with you till we are both blue in the face about the SDK, custom mapping and modding and game development in the 7th year of this game...One thing you have to admit, the population has halved.

Is there something you can say, from the horses mouth, to convince me why I should support you? But I do recognize that you are effectively willing to discuss it and I appreciate that. Thank you.

[FGS] AXIS
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

masterserver - Postby [FGS] AXIS » 13 Dec 2006, 19:40

Deja, are u responsible for all this....if so, you should hang on the highest tree, you little f..k

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 13 Dec 2006, 19:52

i dont ask for your support, i dont need it. but its true that you are quite funny guy, and i wouldnt be surprised if i see you soon enjoying playing augs more than anything else.

my msn is i1337bb@hotmail.com

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 13 Dec 2006, 22:09

DejaVu wrote:i wouldnt be surprised if i see you soon enjoying playing augs more than anything else.

I certainly won't enjoy augs when I'm forced to play them and the only aug servers I have ever liked were either DXSG or DXAG servers. 2 Augs, 0 per kill...great. I bet you enjoyed them too or were you too busy with your 'dxmp revolution'? Perhaps you could allow servers without ATDM and/or 2 or 3 initial augs and 0 per kill?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2006, 22:55

DejaVu wrote:i dont ask for your support, i dont need it. but its true that you are quite funny guy, and i wouldnt be surprised if i see you soon enjoying playing augs more than anything else.

my msn is i1337bb@hotmail.com

Thanks for your comments, I guess you see me as funny because I don't behave in a way people are expected to? I don't have time to start comments about each other... I don't find you funny, that's all I will say...

The issue isn't augs... I'm already doing well on ATDM and I don't like basic. In fact I played the 0-aug server called "Sunny Side" today and it was intensely boring to be gepped by nubs in a 0-aug situation.

I actually think it is a good thing that people are learning about skills and augs and how to deal with binding auggers etc...

The problem is Deja - please realize this:

I played SP for five years. I played MP for one year. I was encouraged to map and have been learning since January. At the time of your sillyness I was mapping for [A]Nobody and DXSG... now I can do nothing.

Consider this - you have played MP for 7? years. You have had many good times. People like me who are new, just want to have good times too. Why should I not be allowed to map or test my maps, just because you'd rather I play Augs? I am being courteous, respectful and considerate to your wishes, yet your actions stop me from doing anything I wish to do, such as develop DXNY, map for [A]Nobody, create further MP maps. You can lead the horse to the water, but not force it to drink. Until you make it possible for mappers to map without hinderance, this won't change.
You have to realize the selfishness of a veteran who has already had many many good years play, against the nubs like me who haven't even completed one year of MP. Your arguments are lost on us...

If you can make some concession and allow us to map in peace, I don't give a metabolic end product whether I'm playing augs or not, I just want to map... test my maps and develop DX as the SDK is intended for...is that clear? I'm meeting you more than half-way, you've seen me take a beating at ATDM and come back for more, but yet I and other mappers might as well delete our SDK's...

I'm not asking you to put back 0-augs, I'm trying to reach a compromise. IF you can not do that, then how can u expect respect or support from people such as me.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2006, 23:01

OMG I JUST REALIZED WHAT HE SAID....

DEJA YOU CRETTIN I WAS ALREADY PLAYING DXAG AND DXSG MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE... The only server I played 0-augs was Wunderland 1 or DXMS... for reasons of custom maps and custom weps...

all I want to do is play DXSG and DXAG... can you tell me why we should not be allowed to do that or create maps for those gametypes...

WHICH ARE AUGS ANYWAY!!! duh... and I couldn't give a metabolic end product if DXSG was ATDM full augs, in fact I welcome that...

I'm already playing more ATDM, but if you don't come to the table and allow us to map or compromise in some way, I will just stop playing DX alltogether.

Sorry for long postings...

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 14 Dec 2006, 01:21

Guys, if you want to get onto any of the fgs servers, you could use DejaVu's program - http://dx.slohosting.com/dxsl/

Its clean, trust me. Works, too!

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 14 Dec 2006, 02:11

i dont see reason why you couldnt map. your sdk still works fine.

reason why there has to be 1 aug per kill is that some wanks at the begining used standard 0aug setup with 1 aug per start and nothing else in (madz server?). lame. so i decided to flood servers without 1 augperkill. go thanks to those ppl for it.

second thing that i see is coming - drunkards using modified query packet. that means sooner or later ill have to change my strategy. and again, some other innocent servers will be hurt.

im sorry that this bring so many trouble. no other way to go.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 14 Dec 2006, 02:15

Jon wrote:Guys, if you want to get onto any of the fgs servers, you could use DejaVu's program - http://dx.slohosting.com/dxsl/

Its clean, trust me. Works, too!

i use for masterserver: master0.gamespy.com:28900\dxmtl.eu:28900

and it shows me all servers.

with permisson of ichos, i would make this line (both masterservers) as default line of dxsl, so every player using it, would see servers on both masterservers.

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 14 Dec 2006, 09:05

DejaVu wrote:i dont see reason why you couldnt map. your sdk still works fine.

Its not the mapping thats the problem, its the hosting and the feedback that we're suffering on - half of the time, I have to edit my maps due to unforseen problems or bad gameplay stated to me from experience of the server in-game.

[FGS] AXIS
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

leaving - Postby [FGS] AXIS » 14 Dec 2006, 09:58

well, since all this is going on with the servers and all the noobs that are still playing, or shall i say teamkilling and spawnkilling and just fu..ing up a good game i have no other option than leaving FGS and Deus-Ex in general. It has become a very annoying game witch is a shame.....i played always with a lot of fun. Ooomm was a little bit quicker than me for leaving all this....so i am gonna follow him. Thx to all the clan-members for the good years. Icho, thx for everything. Its just a pitty that it has to end like this, but there are more importand things in life....so, maybe we see each-other in other games, or maybe not...........................greatings to all, AXIS

Return to Deus Ex