Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

There is a God after all...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

There is a God after all... - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jun 2006, 17:40

I was with Faction on DXMS server just now... 8)

You can not teamkill anymore. Auto-Kick for teamkills...
I asked if we can get all servers to do this, not just DXMS, it is possible...

This will make the game:

1. More skilled, you have to choose your firing position much more carefully.Tactics will completely change soon.

2. More realistic, you cant toss a lam into a melee and eliminate everyone.

Yippee!

DXMS is now the best server in DX, apart from FGS of course :)

And look out people, I can kick u and if you are truly naughty, ban you now...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 14 Jun 2006, 17:47

Do it, i dare you lol. I'm going to go on the server sometime just to see if you can or will lol.

Toss7

- Postby Toss7 » 14 Jun 2006, 18:00

True but if u have a good score and someone blows your lam u teamkill few ppl and get kicked? that wont be very fun.

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 14 Jun 2006, 19:48

Chances are small if any - you're just going to have to take that chance ;)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jun 2006, 21:28

That's why it will change tactics and improve skill, good point though Toss. In fact this will be a serious issue on Stargate, which I suggest a poll on.
A lot of ppl will favour ppl not being able to plant in safety...
It happens on Counter-Strike. My teamkill today was someone standing in between me and the enemy, it felt he was doing it deliberately. Obviously I can not post here what to do in that situ, but if any pm I'll tell how to do it on Counter-Strike, it should work in DX too I think...quite often it looks deliberate but it wasn't, especially at the corner of the screen etc...

Also there is a guy = Volderin, who has figured out that teamwounding is not auto-kicked...he's been doing for two days now.
I gave him a warning and he didnt come near me again...

Elemental - I think people know that I dont joke about reporting, and will not be joking about kicking either. They know I will do it, a warning will be enough I think... A spammer stopped immediately spamming today, said omg when he realized I could kick and then he was quite happy and we had a good chat later.

Funny thing is...dont even know my pword, but two people heeded the warning rofl...

Faction made the right decision:
1. I never act without proper evidence
2. I will make sure the warnings are clear.
3. I will not ban or kick out of spite.
4. I will make sure there is no error or confusion.

OK Elemental - try me, I need some practice rofl...

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 14 Jun 2006, 22:57

DXMS run with CRD ... again ... AR was to laggy

pi/100*1337=42
Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 14 Jun 2006, 23:38

Toss7 wrote:True but if u have a good score and someone blows your lam u teamkill few ppl and get kicked? that wont be very fun.

my well most of the time ppls blow lams on purpose just to tk with an escuse so no one would have to worry about that to much lol

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 15 Jun 2006, 00:13

As Icho said before, we have changed the mod back to CRD Mod, due to stupid amounts of lag caused by the preferences laid down by the ARGame mod. I myself got at least a 200 ping increase on top of my usual 100 average, along with msn messenger complaints and in-game complaints...

Sorry about this shadow... guess you're gonna have to work harder for admin :roll:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Jun 2006, 10:02

NP...I wasnt really trying to get it, I'm just really happy about the auto-kick, I have been suggesting for weeks that DX needs to compete with it's competitors and provide a safer environment, condusive to more skill. I need to get more involved with DXMS.TK and be more well informed etc...I would only ask if I thought it was really necessary...

I'm sure auto-kick and a group effort from all players will go a long way to solve this...

Toss - I was being teamkilled almost every game on GODZ, by my own lams, for about two months. It was really getting to me, some guy called ninjaman, Gofan and others do it as a matter of course.
Even this week on many servers, people are blowing my lams.

Stargate and GODZ is probably the worst two servers for this. How do I know, because when no battle is taking place, I hear ONE shot and I suddenly see...

"You hit your team-mate"

I return to my lam and my team-mate has placed a lam where mine was.

Gofan does it with DTS, his excuse being, "lam-planting is n00bish..."

So lame...

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 15 Jun 2006, 16:25

IchoTolot wrote:DXMS run with CRD ... again ... AR was to laggy

It's laggin today all day, I saw a [FGS]Training lol, must be Toss lol.

Some players report to me weird lag, me too I see stuff I thought something wrong...

like player teleport, like lag on Omaha...but only maybe 2-3 times per game.

m45t3rs4d0w8

- Postby m45t3rs4d0w8 » 18 Jun 2006, 02:07

There is no God but I... Bow my child to my shriveled rear... :D

This is excellent news... I have been folowing since you posted it. :D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Jun 2006, 00:31

I have received quite a lot of abuse on GODZ and A forums for suggesting that the quality of DX players is less than in other games...

Auto-Kicking for teamkill is the only sure way to increase the level of skill in this game and retain newer players, who mostly play other games...

I know this from my experience playing Counter-Strike. Players also I feel should auto-kicked for switching a certain number of times...

In fact it needs to go further, auto-ban (temporary) for a certain number of tk's spams or switches within one game, bring it to the same level as other games, the quality of players increase, DX becomes more attractive to players who want to play a good game...

just a thought, but it has been proven to work already in other games...
It's interesting when you look carefully at the type of player who opposes these kinds of suggestions...

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 19 Jun 2006, 10:11

an auto-ban is a great idea, but switching lots of times? surely, it would be bad enough that their kill score would have been changed, and the opposing team still gets the points for killing the switcher previously?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Jun 2006, 11:00

The point of losing score, is to increase skill, it won't prevent abuse.

Even in the case of accidents, players should lose their scores, I know this sounds tough and it will be unpopular, but 2 millions CZ players can't be wrong. It's the fact that there is little solidarity between servers on this issue that we don't move forwards.

Auto-ban was a suggestion, which I haven't campaigned for before, but switching is a problem as big as teamkilling, on servers like FGS and Stargate. Toss and I witnessed an enemy join our team and switch back twice this weekend...at one point there were no enemies. I never once witnessed switching in Counter Strike or Condition Zero. Since DX players refuse to take responsibility and fight fair, that desperate suggestion came out.

I think Auto-ban will not work, because you only have to switch once to cause the damage to the game being exciting. ... but switchers should be removed for the server for at least the rest of the day, if they refuse multiple requests and warnings... or players should be allowed to switch a certain number of times per day and then adios...

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 19 Jun 2006, 18:29

A- 2 million CZ players dont get GPF's

B- The auto ban technique of which you're implying would no doubt require a log of all people that had switched over 24 hours - this causes server lag

Return to Deus Ex