Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DejaVu Loves You

Author

DejaVu Loves You - Postby m45t3rs4d0w8 » 30 Jun 2006, 02:13

DejaVu wrote:
m45t3rs4d0w8 wrote: It's the basic crap on Godz Forums. Reclaimer the dip-shit claiming no one
cheats, Player_13 wiping NC's ass, etc. As I say... The Usual.

Everyone agrees on a poll that Dejavu is the most irratating person in DX.

NoChance still believes some from IO are involved in this. Dejavu
is getting reported about the usage of his school bandwith to
run his Anti-Godz Server. Anybodys will probably be taken down
to. Anyobodys server is on the same IP range, etc.

Jesus loves me. :D

nothing will be taken down. why?

first of all, uni connection is shared by many students that live near, they get 100mbit line for free, no charge, if they live in "appartments for students" (i dont know how you say to that, but i hope you know). they can use it for anything as they want, as long as its not for bussines and warez FTP and stuff like that. even when warez FTP is reported for exmple, it usually takes months to get it sorted out. however, i see no reason why would someone try to put down some free gaming servers. i can give you a list of some gaming servers on uni connection. as i said, as long theres no money for service around, there are no problems. maybe this sounds odd for you, but thats how it is.

secondly. these pcs are public for students. they were put in with reason for our usage. and as it happens over years, these pcs are now must for many students. they wont get removed. in worst case what can happen is, that they will format c: etc. and guess what, then i just have some minutes work for each one to put dx server on again.

anyway, if i buy one machine, put it there, it will be in completely legal, using unis connection and you could send 1000000 of mails, and noone would give a *love*. anyway, has anyone given any *love* yet? no, and i doubt anyone will.

now about ddos godz server; that was funny.

Reply from 209.101.224.101: bytes=32 time=754ms TTL=49
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

thats how it looked on that friday (black friday for nochanc, his nuby godz server and all nubies).

however, godz server wasnt under ddos attack for long time. but server was off for a week or so. damn, what did these newbs say on godz forum? crying where the server is? ah, 2 bad i dont have access to that forum, i would love to see that.

nochanc, maybe you are asking why did i do that? i did that as a payback for all these years of destroying dxmp community you did. well eh, you and your fellas will say that you saved dxmp. if you are smart enough, you would know, that you were playing god and changing the most of dxmp to suits you. to do that, its very simple. you need a 24/7 server, that can hold as much as possible players. put in something that will urine off better players (exmaple 20mm and shitty maps) and put in something what newbs will like (maps where turrets are on spawn, 20mm and stuff). sooner or later, you server starts gaining population. now, this is not so community-effective in short time, but speaking for long time, it can completely rip off the true face of dxmp as it used to be. your newbies dont know what augs or skills are anymore, and thats very very sad, also very sad for you, cos i remember you were claiming that you prefer augs! what an irony. now take a look again. you reordered dxmp community to suits you, your low 50 ping, your 20000 netspeed (while others are forced to 9000), plus you created that godz rifle, so you can get kills even easier. but youve never asked what do new players (not n00bs) think about dxmp after all that. when a new player checks out the game, it will of course go to most populated server, he wont join empty server of course. as it happens, the most populated server is yours (discussed up there why is it so). new player joins your server and there are 2 options from this one: if this player is trying first online game ever, is not very smart, is of low age, he will prolly like it and play and stay on it. but if a talented new player comes, that have already played many other online games and is smarter, he will just say: WHAT THE *love* IS THIS? *loving* SHITTY GAME, *loving* UNBALANCED metabolic end product, LAG, PING, BUGS! *love* THIS, I RATHER JUST LOOK AT EMPTY SCREEN FFS! dxmp used to be the hardest online game, for smart talented players that could hold something more than just pressing 4 arrow keys and moving mause around. what you made out of it is a shitty, female sex organ, lame, unbalanced, laggy game with shitty maps (produced and called GODZ). your server is one of the most laggiest ever - if you dont have enough bandwidth to host custom maps - dont host them!

im not loosing my words saying you are an idiot and stuff, you can realize that on your own already. btw, arent u like 40 or 50 or there around? as you claim of course. some ppl would say you are 15, but in the other hand, i doubt any 15y kid would have such possibilty and motivation to host server with such strict hand. so prolly you trully are in your 40. thats even worse! where do u find time to check all these logs of your server, searching for ppls, making low ping lists. damn, that must take you like 6 hours or work per day at least. now you must have a job aswell, to get money for paying your connection and stuff. theres the main question then: where do u have wife? and kids and stuff? a guy in your age rather bothering with online games than having a family :blink: thats hilarious!

ive sacraficed 20 minutes of my precious time, when i have to study to make the hardest exam in this year (thats how studing medicine looks like yeah). you, who have access, pls post this on godz forums. thanks.

I posted this on Godz a while back as he wanted. I just for the hell of it posted
it here for discusion as well.

Note:
This is on [A] Forums.
http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7517

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 02:18

My reply on A forums...

The thing is...EYE clan, X clan, Kickass clan....they are the worst noobs...
they didnt train for noobination on GODZ...ask yourselves ppl, where they honed their nubbery...it was on Stargate...LAW, nuke teamkilling, switchin to get in the base, switchin to lame a balanced game, lamshooting, cabinet stealing, etc you name it...It happened on stargate not GODZ...well lamshooters and cabinet stealers are everywhere, but not teamswitching noobs who spam your butt...

This is not the fault of Nobody, hes a busy guy and had his reasons to observe, but noobs are not the fault of GODZ...My personal experience, is Zero admin abuse on GODZ, and some from Alex on Stargate, when I beat him, he accused me of lambuggin, another guy threatened a ban on me cos he misunderstood a comment, ok he aplogized, but the mighty noobchanc never done metabolic end product like that...

To be honest the worst server these days is Gamesmajor, crouchbugs, admin abuse, and some amazing headshots lol...go on flame me... "who da fuk is this noob" I started for you...But my point is...this summer noobs ran wild on Stargate, like that book LORD OF THE FLIES... anubis teamkilling someone who switched the lights off, now if that was GODZ, we would have to remove the bloody lightswitch wouldn't we...

So just remember folks, education of a noob is all that is necessary, not bloody removing someone elses server...Its like putting the youth in prison, it breeds gangsters, education breeds genius...

now stfu and go educate...

PS Deja Hosts Nobody's Stargate Server...think on ppl, and go educate...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 30 Jun 2006, 03:39

I have something very nice to say. SHUT UP, Stop making new topics on this everybody, and let's just move on.... sounds good to me dont' you think?

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 03:53

My dear friend elemental, I think you misunderstand Mastershadow.

I am really talking about the nubbery and education of nubs. Last year Stargate was very different, there was a collective responsibility amongst the experienced players to ensure nubs took pride and honour in their killing. This year spwngepping and other fun is widespread. This year experienced players are all trying to cut each other's throats...don't be one of them :)

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 30 Jun 2006, 05:47

They didn't learn how to be noobs in the SG server, it was actually in their own servers. They were taught there that they could do whatever they wanted and nobody would get mad. When I was in [SD] the majority of the clan was banned from the [X] clan server all because we were beating them in their own server. These clans were formed by friends, who didn't really care about the game and more or less just wanted to screw around, not caring how their actions affected other people in the game.

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 30 Jun 2006, 09:25

Kamikaze wrote:They didn't learn how to be noobs in the SG server, it was actually in their own servers. They were taught there that they could do whatever they wanted and nobody would get mad. When I was in [SD] the majority of the clan was banned from the [X] clan server all because we were beating them in their own server. These clans were formed by friends, who didn't really care about the game and more or less just wanted to screw around, not caring how their actions affected other people in the game.

The common problem dx has is this: everybody is responsible for making it into what it is now.... the game is nearly dead because all the good players, mappers, modders, etc. have left. Though dx still has good mappers and players and stuff, but a lot of the guys who were here when dx first came out are gone either because the game is old, the drama, to many noobies, or because it's not a challenge anymore.
If anybody hopes to keep this dying game running, the dx community needs to find a solution to these problems...... Time isn't on our side anymore, it's not like what it was a year ago, or even 4 years ago. In fact, Time is everybody who plays dx, common enemy.. not the guy in the server with you. This is what we have forgotton, we forgot that dx is fading away because ppl play online for the first time, and see a bunch of fighting, and not much friendship.....So why not change all of this before it's to late? No server is responsible for making people into noobies, only the player can do that, doesn't matter what server he's in, or what gun he uses. Anyways, what i'm saying is this: We all have a common threat, it's not me, JCD, NC, ShadowRunner, or any other player, it's Time.... it's running out..... and we need to do something before all the good mappers leave for good..... I have been training mappers, but i can't train fighters... I think people should be as dedicated to fighting as I am to mapping..... Some of you know about this, but I even made a site to help new mappers learn faster and easier.......... Ok, now i'm done.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 10:17

Yes I train novice mappers on MSN.

Kami uttered:
These clans were formed by friends, who didn't really care about the game and more or less just wanted to screw around

yep!!! You are right actually, I went to EYE server and all they were interested in was arguing if EYE were better than FGS...I could not fight in peace...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 Jun 2006, 13:38

ahhh speaking of mapping i need more training... or i can just give you my ideas...

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 15:12

well what kind of maps do you want to make? I dont have many techniques under my belt yet, but I can help you with making a map that looks "real" and has some lighting and atmosphere... the DX library is a fascinating thing...
I found that I like trash, cats, birds, special lighting, coloured lighting, rats, every item to be logical, weps not glued to a wall, but on a crate, the floor, in a box, where weps would be in real life, a crowbar here and there...

It's the same as amateur movie making, except the player is the protaganist, the editor or designer must search for those "little touches", that make the map special and detail is very important...

Texturing as DXMS Chris/Reaction pointed out, is highly important, get that right and you almost have a map...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 30 Jun 2006, 22:35

Having Realisim in your maps isn't a bad thing, but having a creative map isn't bad either.. there's nothing wrong with making a map that is "out of this world" I like making maps that are like futurisitic simply because it allows you to expand your imagination..... when you play a MP map, you don't really have time to see rather or not there is a door here, or if there's a door there..... well, unless your the only one there lol. But what i'm saying is this: ShadowRunner, you map looked good, But don't forget to blend Realisim with Creativity.. :D

Legion says:
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jul 2006, 00:47

You misunderstand me, I make spaceships look real too...

I'm talking about things that are not logical.

The gamer is a protagonist in a story, the "sets" and scenery in this story need to appear believable, whether it is an ancient tomb or an alien supermarket...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 02 Jul 2006, 03:30

ShadowRunner wrote:You misunderstand me, I make spaceships look real too...

I'm talking about things that are not logical.

The gamer is a protagonist in a story, the "sets" and scenery in this story need to appear believable, whether it is an ancient tomb or an alien supermarket...

Ah, now i see... not a bad strat. I used to pay a lot of attention to detail, more than I do now, I guess I just got burned out from doing it so long. ShadowRunner, You have potential to become a very good mapper, Don't let yourself get burned out like I did. That's the best advice I can give you....

Legion says:
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jul 2006, 17:19

You have potential to become a very good mapper,

You too have potential to become a very good mapper, but if you are getting "burned out", perhaps mapping is not for you? I've been photographing people for twenty years, I will never get bored, in fact it becomes more and more satisfying the better I get at it...in productions, often the end result is not as important as the experience that you gave to people.

We have a saying in photography:

It doesnt matter what you have done in the past, you are only as good as your last piece of work

In film-making we cause the audience to:

willingly suspend disbelief

What I mean by this is, in 1979 when I sat in a cinema and saw the Alien created by Geiger and Ridley Scott for the first time, I know its a skinny guy in a rubber suit and I know it's not real, but I willingly suspended disbelief and jumped out of my own skin, when I saw it jump out of that mans body. Same in 1976 in Starwars, 500 ppl in a cinema knew that the millenium falcon was made of eggboxes and flying on a piece of wire across some room in California, but willingly suspended disbelief and allowed our emotions to build.

It's the emotional aspect that makes the best storytellers and film-makers.
The best storytellers and directors are usually 70 years old. The worst are the movies with a blank frame or glitch or poorly edited, the suspension is broken, the emotion lost and all because of one frame in several hundred thousand... we come back down to earth and reality.

I aim to make my maps as "real" as possible, meaning I hope players FEEL and THINK and BELIEVE they are actually there... that's why I try and make it as logical as possible...

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 02 Jul 2006, 19:23

The best storytellers and directors are usually 70 years old.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. I mean, how old was Akira Kurosawa when he directed Seven Samurai? He couldn't be over 30. Then you look at his final great movie, Ran, and it is nowehre near the quality of Seven Samurai. Francis Ford Coppola is another example. In the 70's he directed his most wellpknown movies, The Godfather, Parts I and II, and Apocolypse Now. Then take a look at his later movies. Nowhere near the quality of his earlier movies. I don't know why I posted this, but here it is.

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 02 Jul 2006, 19:51

well its all well and good talking about film making, but i think thats a bit too far...

I map when I'm bored - it occupies my time... and a get a nice result, too. Mapping isn't anything as serious as directing, or creating a masterpiece. If you can easily just sit down and start mapping, immediately paying attention to detail i.e. building a room, and then coming up with a concept linking that room to another, mapping will be a breeze.

Obviously, the end product will change dramatically from an initial design... DXMS_Forgotten (Jungle scenery) was originally going to be called DXMS_Lockdown and was meant to be set on a space ship :roll:

Return to Deus Ex