Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Deus Ex JailBreak - does it exist?

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Deus Ex JailBreak - does it exist? - Postby Jon » 23 Jul 2006, 20:30

I'm trying to find a mod for the unreal engine - JailBreak...

It's a total conversion, involving 2 teams and a prison. Once a player is fragged, they spawn in the prison, once the whole of a team is fragged, the prison kill mechanism kills off the team, scoring the winners one point.

you can find their site at www.planetjailbreak.com

If anyone does find a mod of this sort, it would be really kool to have it as a new server game type for FGS

Toss7

- Postby Toss7 » 24 Jul 2006, 12:06

You mean something like Search and Destroy mod?

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 24 Jul 2006, 13:34

JailBreak is not existent in DX ... but the idea iss funny

pi/100*1337=42
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Aug 2006, 13:10

I think this is a very good thread... I notice how a lot of players like to RPG at quiet times on the stargate maps and be taken prisoner. ( Players ask me to take them prisoner and usually the bar is the prison. I sometimes ask them to throw down 3 weps in front of me to be sure they are neutral)

I would be interested to develop a kind of opposite or similar concept to Jailbreak, a Hostage scenario, where hostages/prisoners, must be guarded, kept alive, but prevented also from escaping...Prisoners could wear the "mechanic" skins and there could be prisoners on both teams.

There could be different scenarios, A team must kill or silence their own team-mate who is prisoner, before the interrogators or whoever "extracts" the information. Another scenario would be straight hostage rescue. Another one could be like Jailbreak, another one could be like kidnap or arrest...

It sounds like a lot of work to produce all of those ideas, but maybe one or two are possible already with the right maps?

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 04 Aug 2006, 17:26

would need coding. Its in UScript already, so shouldn't be that taxing to change - I'll try to call in a few favours after I finish my part on DX:MiB

Return to Deus Ex