Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

"hax"

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

"hax" - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Sep 2006, 02:29

I'm using someone elses laptop and their ip address at the moment and something very strange happened: I installed DX and played and wtf!!! The weps (all weps) fire twice as fast as normal. I demorecced it. I'll upload it here, but i didnt have the demofix, so u might not be able to see, but it's most interesting - enemy screaming "omg hax" as I pump twice as much lead in to their bodies as normal...

It's a fujitsu - seimens laptop with centrino - a fairly normal laptop, nothing special... I have no idea why the weps fire twice as fast...

in the demorec I'm chatting to a spectator about the bug and the game and also I'm letting the enemy kill me, in case you are wondering why I am dying unnecessarily and switching weps etc...

It makes me realize there may be other players using assault gun particularly with this bug. can anyone explain why the weps are firing so fast ...
EDIT: there is also some weird lag...like "wobble" and also the single player cutscenes and conversations dontplay properly, the convo audio cuts early to the next shot, so u dont hear the whole convo, like convo is playing twice as fast as well...
Attachments
bug.zip
weapons firing twice as fast...wtf!!!
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 486 times

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 21 Sep 2006, 18:54

simply an install error - reinstall and itll be fine

you may also find that the game speed in SP is twice as normal

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!