Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXSG_Area51TheDayAfter

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

DXSG_Area51TheDayAfter - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Oct 2006, 14:46

I believe I have readied the map for [A]Nobody. I called it DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfterBETA1.dx

I have uploaded the BETA map to this thread:
http://gravity-world.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2484#2484
Which is Downloads > Deus Ex > Maps > DXMP_Area51_TheDayAfter

The Secret base has a lock and alarm for the blast doors. Some rooms need 1 or 2 lockpicks, or using the vents to enter. Repair bots are mostly hidden in vents. There are two ring transporter rooms in the secret base and lots of vents. You will need more picks and tools...

These are the codes and locations for the rings please.

11 - Bunker, near comm
22 - Comm
33 - Hangar
66 - Tower

27 - The Secret Base North
72 - The Secret Base South

Every ring tranporter location is marked by a yellow sign saying "SG".
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

If you can, please add 44 (Wall behind hangar) and 99 (Skybox)

Comm Ring no 22 - This will have to be placed very close to the wall, otherwise the chassis/idle position doesn't have enough room.

These are the codes I entered for cabinets/doors, but I don't know how you made it work in MP: Dates of revolutions in history.
1645 - The window between Ring Transporter room and Control Room
1776 - Neutron Bomb Reactor Window
1917 - CSLAMS Window
1792 - LAMS Window

Also there is this room which is flooded.
I would like to add something here. Can u add a Neutron Bomb or very angry/hard-to-kill Greazel or something scary... a crazed mechanic with a crowbar... etc. I let u choose cos u know more about lag or neutrons...

There are two rooms with LAWS.
Can u make at least one of them a SCLAW-superrocket please, preferably the room which is reached by short monorail ride.

There, hope u like the map and the new secret base.
I don't like my monorail mover, I wish I knew more complicated movers.
Also I have failed to connect the secret base lights to the power switch.
Also I have failed to connect the alarm lights to the lock switch.
Also I would like to add more screens/equipment/detail but if u think its enough then its enough...

I will try and upload the map now... Thankyou very much. I can't wait.
I don't know if Icho wants to put it up for a beta testing...

I was thinking that Jon could make a great Ancient Alien Artifact/Spaceship and Spidey could make a great secret base and then Magus, Chris and I could help and we could have DXSG_Silo_TheDayAfter? A nuke has exploded over the Silo, revealing an ancient civilization buried in the nevada desert...

Anyway please call me on the batphone if there are some map problems.
IF you don't like something, please say, I will rebuild or fix it etc...

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 06 Oct 2006, 17:22

Shadow, you're a mamber of DXMS, so don't hesistate to contact me with any problems - some of the things you have failed to do are relatively easy to fix!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Oct 2006, 17:57

EDIT:

Yep I was hesitating, being backwards about coming forwards.

I value your time and expertise greatly and really, these two problems are something I should learn how to do myself, it's like asking Leonardo da Vinci to paint my kitchen.

However it would be nice to fix these things:

1. Alarm lights should link to the lock switch
2. Secret Base lights (64/64/64) should all link to the power switch.
3. The monorail mover IMO does not meet the standards of movers in the other DXSG maps. I really wanted the monorail mover from Area51_Final.
4. Neutron Bomb reactor in the nade room.
5. cslams
6. SCLAWs in the room at end of monorail...
7. Alarm itself possibly is set/timed wrongly, it seems to switch off independently of doors...

EDIT: vents fixed

Also if Nobody agrees, keep the SCLAWS room locked (1/2 picks) and the nade room locked (1 pick)

I think DXMS should definitely combine efforts and produce a DXSG map too. I think this new one is very similar to the first two, so it would be nice to make a DXSG which was very different, perhaps not on earth?

EDIT: I spotted a texture mistake and corrected and re-uploaded the map.
Hmm the alarm could be louder?
Whatever you would like to do too Jon when Nobody is done, but dont touch that sodacan (which says "nuke") in the control room...

Also be careful of adding anything in rooms with waterzones... I had to rebuild twice or rebuild the zone twice etc...

I don't know whether ppl will be sad or happy there are no hookers, zyme, pool tables, vending machines etc...

If there is not a riot about it or lag, I would like a vending machine/ or nobody's golden balls and greazels roaming the base/vents... etc...

Anyway Monte Martinez made this map, I fucked it up and now Nobody and Jon can add their genius (HURRY!!!)...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 06 Oct 2006, 22:53

don't be so hard on yourself Shadow im shure you didn't *love* it up to bad... lolim joking btw you should hook up with ketchup he could make you custom weapons for your maps i have heard his ideas i think it would make it very interesting

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 07 Oct 2006, 01:05

alright
here my answers to the problematic points. :)

1. I made a special alarm light, that works in MP too
2. You need to use TriggerLights
3. what monorail mover? O_o
4. Since SuperRocket_Lite is not loadable without further actions, you couldn't add it
5. same as 4.
6. same as 5.
7. for the alarm switch i made a special mover class, that doesn't just triggers when it moves to position 1 but also when it moves back to position 0. The timeToReset value of the lockdown movers and for the switch i set to 99999, so it does'Nt move back in MP automatically

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Oct 2006, 04:25

Thanks for the speedy reply. Those alarm lights are clever... EDIT:

2. I have added trigger lights and it doesn't work. I added a mover to change the screen from "offline" to "online" in the power room. Trigger lights are connected and "remain time" is 99999... but no light when i press the button...

3. Monorail. The room in base which is locked( 1 pick) and has a desk, leads to a tunnel with a monorail which is dark. I made a mover, using 4 movers, but IMO it could be better. The monorail leads to another room with a LAW, that can become a SCLAW, similar to the final room in DSXG_Area51Bunker.

It's not as impressive as the bar in CMD or the final large room in A51...
I could make something more here...like a greazel lab?... and I was thinking the mover could be better... like the monorail in Area51_Final, where a UNATCO and MIB attack you after u spoke with Helios... or even you could add that nice large room from a51, with flicker lights and giant white globe with rotating rings...

Custom weps sounds great Kothar, mods keeps DX alive I heard...

EDIT: OK I have added trigger lights - it's uploaded as beta 4 version now

EDIT: OK I worked on the monorail a bit. The trigger lights still dont work.
I am uploading beta_5 version now...

EDIT AGAIN:

OK I have made a room
I moved the SCLAW law to this room.

Please put "broken" ring transporter in this room and other rings.
The locked room in base 27/72 can have SCLAW as well and if u want to put neutron in this flooded room then good luck...

So I have uploaded beta6 version. I think this is ready except for trigger lights connections...

but2002
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby but2002 » 19 Nov 2006, 06:51

sing the RInTelporterBuilder Package that is even RIGHT HERE in these forums, I have added so far 3 rings in DXSG_SmugglerV2, and The_RZA Is working on a Secret base, but Nobody will have to add the Rockets Himself ( Neut ETC... )

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 19 Nov 2006, 12:03

I like it :) I think it's gonna be a nice map, bit more work whit this, and will be cool :D

Oh - about the third image in first post (this whit Code 27) - i think that you should delete those gas barrels and add normal ones. Or just make them unbreakable :P

Good job!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Nov 2006, 16:11

Thanks Plu...

The reason there are gas barrels is because [A]Nobody added barrels in his DXSG maps... I've made DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter with a secret base that fits into the current DXSG "world", so that's why I added Gas Barrels because there are gas barrels in both other DXSG map's RT rooms... as well as blast doors, identical alarm sound, same power rooms and similar control room etc...

but I agree, gas barrels work great on DXSG server, but on FGS server there is a bug with the energy shock rifle and gas barrels...

They can be easily changed to radioactive barrels...Jon has beta 9 at the moment... the point of the barrels is a minor event... radioactive barrels will make a noise and sound dangerous... maybe Jon or I could change them as well?

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 20 Nov 2006, 15:34

Hey what about adding normal barrels and using gas barrels textuers?

I think that will be OK whit both normal servers and FGS altfire.

BTW:
Plu...

Just call me Kuchcik. Or gravn00b :mrgreen:

Karky
BUG
BUG

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Karky » 20 Nov 2006, 20:59

sounds gd :)
i will try it l8er :P

chto
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXSG_Area51TheDayAfter - Postby chto » 11 Sep 2012, 00:58

!!! -- IM A BARBIE DOLL AND IM TALKING RUUUUBBISH, ANYPLACE ANYWHERE ANYTIME! -- !!!

You are being watched Image
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXSG_Area51TheDayAfter - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Sep 2012, 01:10

Wow proper leach!

chto
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXSG_Area51TheDayAfter - Postby chto » 11 Sep 2012, 01:11

!!! -- IM A BARBIE DOLL AND IM TALKING RUUUUBBISH, ANYPLACE ANYWHERE ANYTIME! -- !!!

You are being watched Image
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXSG_Area51TheDayAfter - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Sep 2012, 01:32

:bwahaha: @ how you perceived my response =D> ..... :clout:

Return to Deus Ex