Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXSG_SmugglerV2

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

DXSG_SmugglerV2 - Postby but2002 » 19 Nov 2006, 06:55

Since I am not a common poster, This may be as a suprise to yo , but I have added 3 ring teleporters so far to this map, and "THe_RZA" Is working on the secret base "27".

I will not relese this map until it has been verified, and completed,

Nobody will have to add theSCLAW Neutron Colorbomg etc... for this map to be a TRUE SG map.

Screenshot will be added in a few minuted after this post
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 19 Nov 2006, 12:12

Nobody will have to add theSCLAW Neutron Colorbomg

Don't you afraid of the spawnkilling? Try to throw ONE neutron on the center of a DXSG_CMD base... Allmost all base is under neutron blast.

How do you think, how will neutron work in Smuggler? You have to make it a way bigger, or there will be no fun, because players will be instant-killed by one, small, blue grenade...

Same whit SCLAWS. I think that CSLAMs are only one good weapon for the Smuggler. Well, i think that you should make it bigger and base should be far away from the main map area.

But it's not so bad, ever now.

Good luck whit your map!

but2002
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby but2002 » 20 Nov 2006, 04:26

PolishKuchcik wrote:
Nobody will have to add theSCLAW Neutron Colorbomg

Don't you afraid of the spawnkilling? Try to throw ONE neutron on the center of a DXSG_CMD base... Allmost all base is under neutron blast.

How do you think, how will neutron work in Smuggler? You have to make it a way bigger, or there will be no fun, because players will be instant-killed by one, small, blue grenade...

Same whit SCLAWS. I think that CSLAMs are only one good weapon for the Smuggler. Well, i think that you should make it bigger and base should be far away from the main map area.

But it's not so bad, ever now.

Good luck whit your map!

You make a good point, I guess teh Neutron and SCLAW will have to either be "Toned Down" or completely forgotton, now, Nobody has an Unfinished map DXSG_Towers2 and It has some errors with it that I discovered between teleporting between a couple of ring sets ( THE rings left a Texture Shadow ) and I will spend time finishing this map after DXSG_SmugglerV3 is complete.

THe maps will me released alongside each other, full credits to the creators, NOBODY, ATLANTIS(me), The_RZA

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 20 Nov 2006, 15:26

Towers as a DXSG map? Lol... i always liked Towers :)

Anyway, good luck whit your Smuggler :)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2006, 18:08

DAm...there I was thinking TheDayAfter was going to be the next DXSG map...lol

IT would be interesting to have a DXSG map which hasnt got Neutron Bomb and Super-Rocket, but then if you want to, I'm sure Neutron could be worked into it...The car park could get bigger or have more levels...

On DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter I've put the 20mm far from the spwnrooms. Rockets are really hard to get hold of without teamwork and even then require some brains or skill and the map is big enough to handle 2 rockets and 3 neutrons... The neutrons are harder to get hold of (3 lockpicks on door and cabinet total)... etc so people will be nuking, but not every 20 secs...

I played your beta version of smugger this weekend, it was fun!

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 22 Nov 2006, 23:18

Yeah, i've played it too. We played both Smuggler and Towers.
I think that Towers gave more fun, it's bigger, and I think that neutrons/SCLAWS can be used there whitout killing all players on the map :P

We mostly thinked about the problems whit teleporters. We had "mirror problems" whit the 1776 rings, also there was a bug in the lower teleporter.

Well my feelings about Smuggler are a bit worse - all what is added over there are rings - but it's a beta anyway, and i'm sure that more stuff will be added later.

but2002
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby but2002 » 26 Nov 2006, 04:53

Correct, and as for Towers2, I fixed the bug with teh rings, and I will remove teh mirror because of that bug, but I am focusing all efforts on adding rings to TheDayAfter, for ShadowRunner

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Nov 2006, 03:15

but2002 wrote:Correct, and as for Towers2, I fixed the bug with teh rings, and I will remove teh mirror because of that bug, but I am focusing all efforts on adding rings to TheDayAfter, for ShadowRunner

Oh thanx dude... if u can't figure out the secrets and what order u need to access them in... let me know... it's a secret...

And btw I found small map issue on DXSG_Towers. There is at the bottom of the hill there is a gap between two buildings, with wooden fences, the problem is that without speed, the player is stuck in the alley forever. Perhaps a gate?

Otherwise I really liked DXSG_Towers because the architecture on the houses and the street signs are nice and it reminded me of being in Taiwan, with Taipei 101, the world's tallest building...

but2002
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby but2002 » 28 Nov 2006, 07:10

Tll Musch work to b done with DXSG_Towers2, and not its based off of DXMP_Towers2 NOT DXMP_Towers I will add a few more floors to some of the buildings, and No Don't give ME credit for Towers, Its NOBODY's, Im just finishing the job.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Nov 2006, 15:27

Thanks for fixing the Alarm on my map... and your suggestions are very good, especially about damage and the control room etc. I'm just tired out already by that map (21 full days).

But definitely I think if I can be lucky enough to make any more DXSG maps, I will make a non-damaged base, that is rich in detail and polish, literally...

Are there are any particular regular times that you guys have your server up?
Also how is RZA getting on with the secret base for Smuggler?

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 Nov 2006, 03:21

not that it is a question but you map TheDayAfter is definatly DXSG material it is sooooo big i have no idea how you made it but it is definatly a great map i hope when all thease maps are done Nobody will put his server back up with tactical mod and all these maps!

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Dec 2006, 16:10

It took 21 days and nights, literally. It wasn't easy. I had problems with the waterzones and instant death in certain places. It's basically the SP mission with a tunnel system created to look like half-life (with wires hanging and giant lifts and scary/humurous events etc). I was determined to create the effect of the lower levels being flooded, due to catastrophe, so I persevered. The rebuild geometry time was very slow and also it required rebuilding the geometry several times sometimes, because of errors. And of course being so big, I had to check the WHOLE map for bugs everytime I rebuilt. That's why it took so long.

The reason it is so big, is because I tried to make an alternative to a DXSG map, or something that would be as interesting, so I created very large tunnels between the spwns... but they still don't excite like RT's do...Then of course Nobody saw it and chose it to be a DXSG map, requiring the addition of a secret base, so it has just grown and grown. The secret base is large too, because I don't want 20 ppl dead if someone lets off a neutron or LAW.

The thought that Nobody said he would host it, kept me going. At that time his server was the most populated. The map is held together by pure luck, if any major change was required, I don't think the BSP could handle it. There are also areas where I would have liked to add at least another 2mb of detail... but 10mb is getting silly as a filesize...

I don't know if mappers would agree, but I think maps become noticably more unstable after 3-4 mb and noticably difficult to work with after 6mb, or more likely to contain an error...

It is a map for at least 8 players I would say... Smuggler could be a 1v1 map... I think it just needs a little more room that's all... the only thing is, it is unlikely that an arms dealer in NYC has got RT's in his home. But this will make a fresh change from all the military bases we've been fighting for.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 17 Dec 2006, 14:22

If I get my server back, I'll host it for sure. :)
I'm just having some communication problems with the one who wanted to give me the new server. So the revival of the server is dangered. :(

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Dec 2006, 12:56

Your "Towers" DXSG map is very interesting, some nice little touches...

Hmm "The one"? We know WHICH one you are talking of, lol...

ECHELON
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby ECHELON » 20 Dec 2006, 13:08

wohoo i cant wait to spend some hours playing these new DXSG maps..

Return to Deus Ex