Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXSL with chat room

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 13 Jan 2007, 13:20

The RIJ attacks are still as active as ever; Nepthys stays.

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 13 Jan 2007, 16:08

yea i just found out that former server was canceled and instructions were being taken off backup server where i didnt change them.

ive given remove command there.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Jan 2007, 19:10

that I'm sure will cause a lot of people to start listening more to you...

but can anyone shed light on the fact that DXMS and Sunny Side are down or unable to accept players' connections, but FGS Altfire at the moment is?

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 14 Jan 2007, 11:20

DejaVu wrote:i dont hate u elemental.

I'll believe that the day you unblock me.....

i dont think there are more players at all. just one server that is very populated and all others empty. its just another BS you talk when it comes to: omgz, dx will die if theres no 0aug.

As far as this, everybody knows the non augged community outnumbers the augged community... Which can be unfair.. but that's just how it is. I can't change that, But I can make some augged maps if you would like to host them. You would have to test them since I can't even play dx due to some type of corruption in the game.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 14 Jan 2007, 17:51

sure, new beginners only server is coming soon with throttle that would kick out good players. also good augged maps are wished for it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jan 2007, 18:28

Elemental wrote:I can't even play dx

then how can you make a playable finished map I am wondering? When I'm mapping, I play the map more than make it, to test trajectories, heights, angles etc...

Deja... I'm sure people will want to make aug maps, as you specified, indoor maps for noobs like dxmp_tunnel_network, perhaps you should specify more.

This might sound funny, but auggers should trust 0-auggers more...

I map mostly outdoor maps for FGS servers, because of the low grav, or small action maps for DXMS... although Prodigy (a famous Counter-Strike map I am making for DXMS) would be extremely good for augs. It is similar to tunnel network. But of course, a cease fire is only a cease fire, a peace treaty or even a strategic alliance is necessary to convince 0-auggers and mappers to get more involved.

While you see your actions as necessary, the 0-aug majority saw most of them as harmful to DX.

and with fools like [4R] giving DX a bad name currently, it is hard to think why auggers should be respected.

I agree auggers are extremely skilled to jump 200 feet and headshot a moving target in mid-air, but augs are not the only thing that makes DX own Counter-Strike.

Lam planting, turrets, cameras, etc works great for me in 0-aug.I'm getting a better game than CS. Also DXSG and DXAG are valuable to me.

I want to see all this unharmed, before I can really consider the wishes of auggers...especially [4R] however skilled they are...

DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby DejaVu » 14 Jan 2007, 19:45

i dont see dxmp as being only rifle skill + augs + rifles too.

i like it bcos i can take other weapons besides rifles - gep? plasma? mess with flamethrower? (impossible in 0aug), i can lockpick - a dxmp speciality no other game has (impossible in 0aug - or if you are a moron to go after lockpicking empty cages), i can multitool - another dxmp speciality similar to lockpicking (yet again impossible in 0aug), i can set different ammo types for certain weapons (impossible in 0aug as shells and WP aint there), i can use granade which every game has (but not 0aug :roll: ), i can hack turrets and gain control over it - dxmp speciality (yet AGAIN not possible in 0aug).

dont get me wrong, if augs were all about rifling and augs, i wouldnt play them too.

i like them as i can take cloak, and simply plant lams on walls without getting in direct contact with enemy - but yet still gain kills. i can decide to just hack turrets whole map - no direct contact with enemy, and i still get kills. i can decide to use ghei tactics - using only shells, law, wp and making quick long distance kills with almost no direct interation with enemy. then i have numerous tactics with mostly rifling weapons on shorter distances - that could be either knifing and DTS (small corridors, rooms), gepping, plasma rifling or for the last most used tactic - standard rifling. as the day and ping suits me, ill pick any of these tactics mentioned. if you count, there are at least 7 different tactics (and a lot more derived out of them with different skill/aug combination).

and how many does 0aug have? 1, just one, take standard 3 weapons and go fight with just one possible strategy. aim is all that matters and since aim is much dependand on ping, less ping you have, better player you can be. its also a shame that you didnt figure out that even if you have 400 ping in augs you can end up with higher score than someone with 50 ping :p (being equally skilled but using different tactics). now, who would win in 0aug? the guy with 50 ping or the guy with 400 ping?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jan 2007, 19:59

DejaVu wrote:(multitools.... ....yet again impossible in 0aug)

Nein! ...multitools open doors, secrets, activate movers that kill etc...

Tactics? I never saw u play, what is your favourite wep/tactics I wonder...

I agree 0-aug elite snipers might as well shell you with 20mm, same difference, you don't have much of a chance to duel with some people...
Some players noticably only ever use sniper...

What you say about 400 ping is interesting, if u had said 300 ping I would argue with you. I have massacred many US players on 300 ping, but I admit there are some maps this is not possible. A "choke point" is handy, then the mouse has less far to travel...

In fact with 1000 ping I massacred a guy from CG and a guy from IO once on Epion's Cargo Station Alpha, but then it's easy, only one corridor, easy camping...

Return to Deus Ex