Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Pretend to be dead or pretend to be AFK?

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Pretend to be dead or pretend to be AFK? - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Jan 2007, 03:07

This isnt about any player, this is about the game and the current rules.

If a person hides and lies down or "feigns death", he can surprise the enemy and kill them. This can not be done in other MP games and is unique to DX, like Augs. However on one of our servers we BAN a player who killed a player that was lying down. This I feel is madness. The admin is saying basically that he and other players have the right IN THE MIDDLE of a battle or battlefield, when the enemy is standing in front, to lie down and escape the bullets.

In a real battle what happens when a player lies down? Why is DX different? Why are players being kicked or banned for killing someone who stopped fighting and most often chooses very very carefully the moment to stand up and kill again...

So which should it be? Pretend to be dead? or pretend to be AFK? Are we gonna remove an aspect of DX for admin's convenience and to allow ppl to escape or to deceive enemy?

I strongly feel that every player has every right to shoot any enemy on the battlefield, ESPECIALLY if that player suddenly stops fighting and lies down right in front of the enemy, less than 2 or 3 metres away...

banning people on one server, but not every server is madness too. The rule needs to be consistent with other servers... IMO feign death should mean "I am feigning death", not "you cant shoot me, I am honestly AFK" If you need to be AFK, then you should forfeit your kill, rather than a fighter get banned for fighting...

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 08 Jan 2007, 09:18

I agree, I think it should say "I'm feigning death". I never use feigndeath, only when I go afk really, but I don't care if I died when "feigndeathing", because I was in the game. If you want to go afk, leave the game.

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 08 Jan 2007, 09:53

Sanctuary wrote:I agree, I think it should say "I'm feigning death". I never use feigndeath, only when I go afk really, but I don't care if I died when "feigndeathing", because I was in the game. If you want to go afk, leave the game.

I agree, the way I see it; if a person is going to "feign death" just so they can get a drink or something, than they deserve to be shot lol. they should just leave the server and tell everybody they'll brb.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 08 Jan 2007, 17:59

Or not. This game isn't any other game, its DX, and in this game, we do that to show that we're AFK, and purely for that reason. If someone feigns in a fight, expect to be killed. If you have any sense you'll feign in a dark place, or next to a wall

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 08 Jan 2007, 20:00

Pfft, if you can't find a hiding place to feign death, you were going to get killed anyway. GG

BTW Feigning death can be seen in other games. It's just not widely used because it's difficult to make it work properly. The only game I can think of off the top of my head is World of Warcraft.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
}{JACK}{
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby }{JACK}{ » 12 Jan 2007, 23:56

i did once get feing death to work on Battlefield 2 the killed a bloke for the tank but then got attack by an SU-34 which i survived but then the Mig 29 came for a pass and he killed me.............Bugger. :oops:

nobody ever dies a virgin life screws all
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Jan 2007, 18:22

I suppose there are various degrees of feigning death... a false retreat is as old as the bible itself... and every day in DX, people pretend to be wounded more than they actually were, so as to gain some advantage...

Yes... this area of warfare fascinates me... deceiving people hehe...

Return to Deus Ex