Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

surrender

Author
Admin Music
Admin Music

surrender - Postby RoiDanton » 18 Feb 2007, 20:40

[align=center]For DejaVu,

the 0-Aug server clan FGS surrenders!

Which demands do you have after this lost war?

Do we should go [Heil DejaVu] before our server names placed or behind it?

What has planned your empire for us 0-aug sinner?

Could we one day reach your absolution, biggest of all masters?

-----> your devoted subjects expect most ardently the rules for the DeusEx server of your goodwill! <-----

Your devoted RoiDanton............

F

Last edited by RoiDanton on 19 Feb 2007, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Linux is like a Wigwam: no Gates, no Windows and an Apache is inside...

Es ist besser zu schweigen und als Idiot verdächtigt zu werden.
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 19 Feb 2007, 02:47

I must apologise for RoiDanton's slightly incomprehensible grasp of the English language.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
RoiDanton
Admin Music
Admin Music

- Postby RoiDanton » 19 Feb 2007, 13:55

Hey sorry,

you must see my german... :oops:

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 19 Feb 2007, 14:41

Hah, your English is better than my German.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Feb 2007, 12:57

HaHa HaHa RoiDanton :D I laughed out loud...[FGS] = *loving* German Surrender...

Yeah he has won, but at what cost?

I'll tell you what inspired me to stay in DX.

1. FGS
2. DXSG.

I remember the first time I entered the secret base and watched the chaos.
I remember thinking that it was fun. I remember also a whole new world opening for me, when I realized that a PLAYER made DXSG... and that I too could get involved in mapping. I wanted to learn how to do something as clever as a mod as DXSG. Finally last year I was given a chance to map for DXSG, beyond my wildest expectations...

Deus Ex survives, but without that which made it great. No DXSG, no DXAG, no Altfire, no DXMS, just auggers being technogeeks...
the creativity, imagination and inspiration has gone from DX...
We surrender, but you will never build a great DX with slaves...

Look at the cost of his "victory".... financial cost, players have gone, the server list and population have decimated.

Deja says he is doing this to replace GODZ and give us a better game. Now he is the new NC. A new tyrant, forcing HIS maps on us, his preferences.

But dont forget... he went further than NC. He cheated, he couldn't just play DX, he had to play it IRL too, on the internet, on the botnet, in other ways, he broke laws and invaded people's computers and used botnets to do it...

Deja you haven't won, you have achieved your dominance of DX by attacking other people's project. Are you too scared to allow a good DXSG server?

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 09 Mar 2007, 22:14

There are 3 things for me that made DX a fun game to play for me.

1. Altfire
2. Friends
3. DXAG/SG/MS servers

As you can see, 1 and 3 and half of 2 will be gone. I guess Sunny Side will be a replacement for number 1. As you can see, me having less fun in DX is mainly caused by 1 thing: Disappearance of choice. I used to choose between DXAG, DXSG, DXMS or Altfire and pick whichever was the fullest or had Kuchcik or Toss in it. Toss is gone, but I think Shadowrunner is a great person too, as well as Toss. What are you going to do to us (or me) next Dejavu? Make my friends quit? Although I think I can almost always have some fun anyway, it would be much more boring without friends (like Kuchcik, Shadow, Toss and so on).

I want to tell you (Deja) that what you are doing is rediculous and you are just showing you can't accept that something is more popular than the other. If you play hockey for instance, would you burn down football stadiums because that sport is more popular? Or is hockey meant to be a more popular sport, like augs and 0-augs?

And Shadowrunner, you were right. What have you won for the DX community? Nothing. A lot of players quit thanks to you. And you just hoped (appearantely) that the augging community was big enough to support itself. Instead, there is now a demand for 0-aug servers, but because there isn't any, players are quitting. I just met a guy who had been slaughtered in an aug server and he said: "I'm never going to play this game online again, it's so unbalanced". Well done. That's what you're achieving.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Mar 2007, 10:56

yeah...burning ice hockey stadiums because they are not real hockey games. (Ironic because GODZ play hockey IRL I think). you are right on the nail when u mention "unbalanced game" about augs. It is very unbalanced against experienced auggers, a kind of glorified spawnkill, except the guy streaks...

To give credit where credit is due, Deja has made considerable efforts to balance the game in his beginner/intermediate servers and I have to admit his servers are even more fun than GODZ and I love Tunnel Network and Damnation Alley...and I would say augs are not too stressful there, 4 augs on start-up... but most augged servers are hell for me, the sounds don't play properly, a kind of crackle exists when people aug and I don't hear gunfire, even when it is at point blank into my back. Therefore I can not really enjoy augs on Ste's, EL or T for this reason.

BUT
to repeat myself - he did it at the expense (literally) of others...
breaking the rules of karma can mean only one thing... either responsibilities or consequences...

Deja could say the same and blame 0-aug servers for being cranky, laggy, hosting questionable maps etc... and definitely I have seen 0-auggers pouring verbal abuse at auggers such as Sike etc... so perhaps it us 0-auggers who are facing the consequences...

but to include FGS would be an insult... FGS was THREE servers, great maps such as S9 and Proteus, very cool leaders, wep mods, and so on...
I know I don't need to remind you... I think Altfire was the most interesting server of all...

Also another point is that most of the best auggers, just seem to win by cloaking and picking off stragglers/wounded etc...

This, and shooting plasma or tossing lams to get a streak...is tiring...

If someone wants to call me noob and destroy me, they should approach me from the front and put their money where their mouth is...show their toughness, not fight like a coward from behind... or just toss lams all day.

I used to use only lams on DXSG until everyone just left the server...then I learned to shoot... some auggers don't really know how to fight.

Return to Deus Ex