Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Announcement: FGS REFORMS!!!

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Announcement: FGS REFORMS!!! - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Aug 2007, 17:09

I spoke with Icho and it has been decided to reform FGS in Deus Ex.

@ ex-FGS
Tidus and I have already rejoined, technically speaking never Bean never left and we hope that Sanctuary and Kuchcik will return. Tidus was inactive on forums but is available for the 0-aug league.

@Community
We cannot provide the level of support that previously FGS did. We just lost our leaders after an attack which lasted months. EL are now, hosting a Tnag server so go play there.
In the meantime to recap on what is being done:

Management of Platoon server until end August
Management of Factory server
Co-management of http://www.dxfactory.freeforums.org
DXSG Map Production
Support for mappers and dial-up players via msn and factory.
We are also currently organizing a 3rd server. Top Secret T.B.A.
We also currently work on a DXAG project with XPS clan.
Probably more I will add to this list as I remember everything we do.
Not to mention DXMP mapping when we find the time.

Sorry we can not help Altfire fans or MMCity fans atm, but we are hosting dxms maps on Platoon server. We aim to continue this policy of sharing our servers with any mapper in the DXMP community and bringing you the latest maps and introducing the newest mods. And the best news of all - I intend to run a DXSG server asap, with new tactical weapons from [A]. We obviously aim to provide the previous FGS level of support, but with only 3 active members today, that wont be happening tomorrow. We thank you for your support and hope normal service will resume asap.

@Players
FGS is now recruiting again.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 09 Aug 2007, 18:27

Some questions before I say that I will rejoin:
- Who is the leader?
- We don't want to be powerless on our own forums, so who is in charge of administration and moderation on this forum?
- What will be the improvement compared to the 'old' (inactive) FGS?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Aug 2007, 19:03

Sanctuary wrote:Some questions before I say that I will rejoin:
- Who is the leader?
- We don't want to be powerless on our own forums, so who is in charge of administration and moderation on this forum?
- What will be the improvement compared to the 'old' (inactive) FGS?

The most important issue right now is the second question.
I'm going to ask Icho that:
1. you and I or Kuch can moderate or administrate the Deus Ex Section
2. We can have some kind of private discussion area, FGS clan business imo got messed with everytime we discussed something in public. If not we can use the private section on Factory site. I can't help run FGS in DX if we have to discuss private matters in public all the time.

As for the first question.
I wish Magus hadn't joined RTK, I don't think Bean or Tidus can be counted as active in the forums, which leaves you or me, I don't think ppl voted for Kuchcik <3. You voted for me, I voted for you. We have a "Mexican stand-off". In reality, we have been taking care of some of the business for a while Icho and Roi dealt with attacks etc, so I don't see a problem with you and I continuing, if the others agree, until we find someone.

As for the final question.
Rome was not built in a day. FGS was Rome. It will take time. The first immediate improvement has been apology and commitment from Tidus to the 0-aug league and clan wars. The improvement will be that, we have a private section on forums, we will fight clan wars, plenty of clans are itching to try against us. We already run servers again, we already are doing some of the things that Icho/Roi did, even though we haven't begun to rebuild a large strong clan. The improvement in me, is that I spent a week with REN clan, learning a lot which I hope to share. I could go on a very long paragraph, Sanctuary, and make promises about servers and projects etc. The 0-aug league will be a great opportunity for FGS to be active. Also I've learned much in this month, which will stop this inactivity happening again.

To be honest the final question is perhaps best discussed by pm or msn, do u have my msn rollosnook@tohmail.con or come to the factory server admin section, ill give u admin so we dont have to discuss 0-aug league etc in front of the whole world. etc.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 09 Aug 2007, 20:18

I can agree with these answers, so I'll rejoin FGS, under the name of Majestic <hints to admin to change my name :P >
I would lead FGS together with you, but not just alone. I saw how hard it was for Kuchcik to run a clan, so it won't be different for me.
I'll discuss the stuff about the 0-aug League in PM, either here or on DX Factory, but the Factory is rebooting.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Aug 2007, 22:32

I would lead FGS together with you, but not just alone.

My same feeling...I feel better about this now. There were two leaders in [IA] but still we found it impossible. The important thing is getting the right people to join...then leading becomes so much easier. Ren have a system which is mostly invitation only, I think it's not a bad idea.

Pm here's fine.

So we have 4, all we need now is Kuchcik lol.

And ya we need Icho to sort out ASAP to give you admin on the forums...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 10 Aug 2007, 06:17

Good show.... Nice to see that the clan is coming back... even if the original leaders aren't.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 10 Aug 2007, 13:28

Do not worry. I'm back. '[FGS]Kuchcik<noob' or just '[FGS]Kuchcik' ;p

A private section in the forums would come very handy... I don't like private matters of the clan being discussed on the public.

Leaders... Hmm, if we would want to get new members, we can make a poll in private section (like on, erm, [A]). We can also choose a 'coordinator', that will make clanwars, represent FGS on other forums etc.
He (the coordinator) will not be a leader, every important clan matter might be solved with a private vote in private section [that's why we need it].

IMO this will be best, everyone in the clan will be even.

GG FGS.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Aug 2007, 18:41

I like that idea, it's pretty much what is happening already, it's Icho and Roi's clan, we are just co-ordinating Deus Ex affairs. I think Sanctuary can lead, and as he requested, that someone else help him, but then I wouldn't want a new recruit or trojan horse joining the clan and telling me what to do, if I didn't agree with that.

I think it would be impossible to prep for any match or war without an HQ/private area/tactical whatknot.

sorry about the size of my sig, I'm sorting out it later today. And thanks elemental :D

Well I spoke to Icho and told him he is welcome to re-apply, just send in a demorec lol...

Nice avatar Kuch...

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 11 Aug 2007, 09:39

I'm shocked you even thought I could lead this clan Rollo. Even if I could, I wouldn't do it, because I've already left and it would be a rather cowardly thing to do to come begging to be allowed back into the fold.

Sorry to disappoint.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Aug 2007, 10:09

Assuming I had forgotten you were in RTK I would say "but look, I left and rejoined... felt like I was wise not cowardly. 2nd oldest clan in Deus Ex. No-one made me beg...nor would they you... and tbh u were good for FGS, u were the first person I noticed posting about inactivity etc... i did rant about deserters, in that period and that was stupid, my apologies

Bean's a legend, Tidus is sniping these days and Sanctuary, Kuch and I need play more I guess, I got worse in 0-aug and better in intermediate/CTDM aug, speaking of which u would make great admin on factory and factory forums, but i dunno how the rest of the clan feel about this idea but I fully endorse your return...

RTK got tons of mappers, I'm sure they could spare one... and we do have 2 servers, although Platoon will close for up to 6 weeks, I will be launching another one. I figuring how to run a 3rd atm too, for CodeZero, DXAG and DXSG.

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 11 Aug 2007, 10:54

ShadowRunner wrote:Assuming I had forgotten you were in RTK I would say "but look, I left and rejoined... felt like I was wise not cowardly. 2nd oldest clan in Deus Ex. .

The second oldest? If you say Godz is the oldest, i'm going to fly to England and smack you in the head with a tree... lol.. jk, actually if we were to get technical about it, FGS would be the oldest since Godz is no longer a clan.. it's just a complaint zone for hitman.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Aug 2007, 11:16

CG is the oldest active clan...

I played with Nathan yesterday...CG keep their hand in every month.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 11 Aug 2007, 13:05

Elemental wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:Assuming I had forgotten you were in RTK I would say "but look, I left and rejoined... felt like I was wise not cowardly. 2nd oldest clan in Deus Ex. .

The second oldest? If you say Godz is the oldest, i'm going to fly to England and smack you in the head with a tree... lol.. jk, actually if we were to get technical about it, FGS would be the oldest since Godz is no longer a clan.. it's just a complaint zone for hitman.

Haha, I have to agree with you Elemental. GODZ is as dead as a dodo, which makes us one of the oldest clans active in Deus Ex. By the way, Triad is quite old too. I don't see them often in-game, but that could be because I normally play 0 augs.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Aug 2007, 16:00

Last thing I wanna say to admin about new laws...

I hate my rank so much.

but I fear what comes after spammer...

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 12 Aug 2007, 09:45

ShadowRunner wrote:Last thing I wanna say to admin about new laws...

I hate my rank so much.

but I fear what comes after spammer...

Haha, I changed all ranks. The ranks will now go up to 2000 posts. They previously went just to 300.

Return to Deus Ex