Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

New kids on the block - [DX/SC]

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

New kids on the block - [DX/SC] - Postby Pyro » 29 Mar 2008, 01:46

Yes, we're here at last. I'm told there was quite a bit of anticipation about the actual appearance of the Deus Ex Shadow conspiracy clan, but we are back at last

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 29 Mar 2008, 04:59

congrats, but um iv never heard of this clan before
(I left DX a year ago only to come back to a once familiar world... so im not really up-to-date on a lot of clans and such...)
so enlighten me :)

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Mar 2008, 08:08

I've seen some members on our server... DXSC Blake isn't it? He's a mapper, he wants to edit my map DXMP_Starport. As far as DXMP_Starport is concerned, I authorize DXSC Blake to edit the map, but:

1. His updated version must change name, i.e. Don't cause mismatch, change the name. e.g. DXMP_Starport_2

2. I wish to see it BEFORE it is released. I may have comments or requests for small changes. I have never seen Blake's maps before, I have no idea of his ability or whether he is proficient to handle an edit of this map. Therefore I reserve my right to see the map before it is released. In fact it sounded like the changes he intended, were very small ones.

Just post it here in download sections with a beta title, or post the link to download and I will take a look.

As for DXSC, we wish them luck. If there is any kind of help you guys need, let us know and we will see what we can do.

Shadow Conspiracy - lol... sounds good...

Pyro
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby Pyro » 29 Mar 2008, 09:29

Well, Kothar, I'm not too surprised that you've never heard of us, as I didn't actually publicise anything about us during the development stage. Oh, and when I say US, i mean ME, as I am in fact the only one left out of the original 5 we had when we (unofficially) started. But some others leaked a bit of info, and so quite a few people already knew about us. We have been going for some time now, although we seem to have succeeded in keeping ourselves completely secret form just about everyone. I only gave the go-ahead for our clan members to wear the [DX/SC] tag
on thursday, so not many people should have seen anyone wearing the tag before then. We appreciate any help we can get, but wish not to extend diplomatic relationships too far out. We prefer to keep things close to ourselves and not let anything get too distant. We still, however, maintain the will of our original founder, Ma

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Mar 2008, 12:29

EDIT: Pyro I'm editing my post because Blake has already sent me the map.

I have looked at the map. There are some serious errors and there are some genius touches. I am very pleased about the satellite dish, the front door, the bar door etc...

1. You added SIX TURRETS, two of which completely dominate a spawnroom, but where is the EMP on that spwnroom table? FAIL!!! It needs to remove 5 of those six turrets. Altfire turret range is longer, this map is totally unplayable. It needs EMP in all spawnrooms and all over the map. ERROR!!! I spent my time trying to find the way out of the spwnroom without being attacked. Awful gameplay, no, unplayable.

2. The moving turrets are ingenious and something very cool, however 4 of them is ridiculous overkill? and the furthest one dominates a spawnroom again, one does the job, thats all u need, the rest can be cargo grabs? It is a cargoyard those are cargo rails. And where is the computer that controls them? I couldn't find it.

3. I found a floating brush. A rectangle brush under the back of the falcon textured mud. What is this? ERROR!!!

4. The ramp from bar to falcon had a gap. Players were supposed to jump over it, it was part of the map adventure, it has been removed and players can just walk from ship to bar. I don't like this. Make it so they have to jump please. Otherwise the bar door owns and congrats on really good job.

5. I know we discussed it, but now I hate the fact you can not enter the ship's turret house from outside. Really, the whole turret should be an airlock, outside entry from the bridge a switch, the inside entrance not locked. I'm happy to do that if it is a lot of work for you. And really, I think it's good players being able to pick or tool into the turret from outside.

6. An issue I didn't mention. The lift in cargoyard is shite. It was made before I knew complex brushing and elevators. I can remake an elevator that is sexy and space age and send you....

7. Another issue not mentioned before. The forcefield doors of the ship and repair bot doors, they are shite. They look solid. When a player opens them, they should fade or seem more realisitc. If fade no can do, then they should be energy fields that u can now walk through, and perhaps some way of the player realizing.

8. Finally I looked at the movers that carry turrets. Besides not finding their computer, there is no way to get up there and frob the mover, without augs or low gravity, even with augs i needed a crate, therefore this map now fails in 0-aug. I looked at the mover properties: DoorStrength = 0.25, LockStrength = 0.2, And you set movers to "StopWhenEncroach", why are u setting movers to single player properties. Especially since the mover is frobbable, it will stop when the player activates it, cos it will run into him.

You've added some ingenious touches to the map and I am excited. However the most serious issue is gameplay. It is totally unplayable. turrets... emp, lock properties of movers. You have to remember DXMP is a mix of people with seven years experience and seven months experience. I think the vent needs a second entrance if you are going to lock the turrets...

Finally the front door is nice, but where are the mover sounds, it makes no sound at all when it moves... The sound on the bar door is nice.

Finally the most serious problem apart from gameplay - I play the map in SDK, it works.

I play the map in LAN, critical error: assertion failed, line 73,

to me you have not rebuilt something properly or not compiled scripts?
Like I said try on optimal bsp and rebuild twice.

If all this is too much, I am very pleased with what you have done and can fix it myself, the editing is ingenious, love all the touches, but gameplay is truly screwed. If you are gonna have four turrets, then build a second cargo yard higher so the turrets dont dominate spwns and entrances to the ship, as for the turrets at the front of the ship TWO? and one of them totally dominates a spwn. If you can't do it, thats fine you have done a lot of work already I'd be happy to finish all the above issues.

did you play the map in LAN?

Return to Deus Ex